onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown and Garlick on Radio at 6

werstayinup

I'm not going to delete my account because I've "upset" Michael Brown. I put a Tonge in cheek quote about Anton Forrester which was quite obviously a joke because I put a laughing face next to it.

The Shalaj tweet was put on because they'd updated the squad on the website and he was on their with a number.

To be fair mate that's pretty weak. Everybody knows the amount of mistakes Vale make on social media & their website, so to put up a rumour based on that is a bit bizarre. They have Montano listed twice on there for a start.

Advert

To be fair mate that's pretty weak. Everybody knows the amount of mistakes Vale make on social media & their website, so to put up a rumour based on that is a bit bizarre. They have Montano listed twice on there for a start.

It's an unofficial page.... I'm not always going to be right. Everybody knew that was the only reason I put it on there because I posted a screenshot of the squad page.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

If Brown has invested in a cloning machine then Montano would be the first one in there so that gives the rumour some validity

I think it could take longer than 2 years to sort it out and to get us to the position we were in at the end of the season that Page left. Trouble is you can bet your bottom dollar that the moaning ones won't give the manager or players that long a time to put it right. We are starting again this season, we don't have anything established in terms of a squad or a pattern of play. I'd like to think that Browns given the time to put this mess right.

Why is it that anyone who criticises Michael Brown is an idiot.

I hope that he is sacked if we are struggling to stay up by Christmas or we will end up being relegated into the conference.He showed that he is incapable of being a good manager last season and was very lucky being the cheap option to keep his job.

I havnt seen anything yet to make me change my mind and people are already making excuses like lack of budget for his failure to sign a left back and midfielder.He needed 15 to 16 players at the beginning of the season and so far has signed 9 including a load of kids from the academy.

Why is it that anyone who criticises Michael Brown is an idiot.

You can take my comments any way you want, but I certainly didn't say what you've written above, so lets get that straight.

You clearly have an issue with Brown being in charge and are not willing to give him any time at all, and I suspect you will have the same issues with players and managers in the future who you don't like for whatever reason.

Wishing a manager to be sacked and by default wishing that we are struggling for said manager to be saked is a disgusting thing for a fan to say IMO. People like you and those who get on the manager and players backs too quickly are counter productive.

If Brown has invested in a cloning machine then Montano would be the first one in there so that gives the rumour some validity

Let's hope the clones stay fit!

In all seriousness though, regardless of how right or wrong UV is at times (nothing against him/her), IMO it's just a very weak & baseless rumour regarding Shalaj, as anyone who has ever used Vale's website or social media before knows the amount of mistakes they make. If he had signed, it 100% would have been in the news first, not just dropped in the squad list on the website.

I wouldn't go as far as to say close the account down, provides subjects for interesting debate at times & is right on occasion. People should know not to take such a page so seriously though, & Brown shouldn't really be getting upset over a rumour or two. Learn to ignore.

Let's hope the clones stay fit!

In all seriousness though, regardless of how right or wrong UV is at times (nothing against him/her), IMO it's just a very weak & baseless rumour regarding Shalaj, as anyone who has ever used Vale's website or social media before knows the amount of mistakes they make. If he had signed, it 100% would have been in the news first, not just dropped in the squad list on the website.

I wouldn't go as far as to say close the account down, provides subjects for interesting debate at times & is right on occasion. People should know not to take such a page so seriously though, & Brown shouldn't really be getting upset over a rumour or two. Learn to ignore.

I dunno, Yates and Tonge were just dropped into the squad photo and they've "still not signed" which I found very bizarre.

I've met Browny in person a couple of times and he has my phone number, if he's truly upset by anything he can tell me.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm getting tired of all this bullshyte,the seasons about to start and all I'm reading about is in fighting between posters who think they know it all but probably know sweet F A .Lets get a few points on the board before we start discussing the teams failings.

Think he,s probably right about Forrester but wait and see.

If Brown is upset about the rumours he shouldn't be in the job.Probably some truth in it.What is Brown doing about our lack of a left back or midfielder bug*er all.Why is he leaving it until after the season starts to recruit players who will be unfit and not ready to play.

And STILL banging on about Brown , ffs that big overweight boring chip on your shoulder must be getting a tad heavy by now. To try to ease this nonsensical pessimistic burden , why not try a little support for ALL the players and staff at our beloved club, thats uaually what SUPPORTERS do. VTID

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

He needed 15 to 16 players at the beginning of the season and so far has signed 9 including a load of kids from the academy.

Who are you classing at the 9 (especially as you are INCLUDING the academy kids in the 9)

Or more importantly who are you not classing?

I count 12, listed below... and that's before Tonge who Im assuming will sign making it 13. You say we needed 15. So we need 3 more, which Brown has continually agreed with. The management team have said over and over again that they are going to get another Left Back, and we will get another midfielder and that they are working on the loan market. Would you preferred us to have signed a rubbish one just so he was here on time for the season... or would you prefer a good one.

Bolton played 10 trialists at the weekend so there are other teams out there looking to add and improve sustainably.

This season will be a mid table stabalisation job, we need to slowly slowly improve the squad and maintain some level of stability. I would far rather we took our time over the last few pieces of the jigsaw than rush to appease people who have a bee in their bonnet,

The 12 players:

Lainton

Hornby

Wilson

Davis

Kay

Kelly

Gunning

Harness

Montano

Pope

Barnett

Pyke

Has Tonge signed yet? Doesn't he need to be registered by lunchtime today or something like that?

No rush, at least if he doesn't by this weekend, we'd get to see a pairing other than Tonge & Pugh, which IMO would be preferable.

You can take my comments any way you want, but I certainly didn't say what you've written above, so lets get that straight.

You clearly have an issue with Brown being in charge and are not willing to give him any time at all, and I suspect you will have the same issues with players and managers in the future who you don't like for whatever reason.

Wishing a manager to be sacked and by default wishing that we are struggling for said manager to be saked is a disgusting thing for a fan to say IMO. People like you and those who get on the manager and players backs too quickly are counter productive.

You have your opinion and I have mine that's what a forum is about.I have supported previous managers including Bruno but Brown is a step too far.He had his chance last season and blew it with his poor team selection and tactics.Honestly I want Port Vale to do well and hope I am proved wrong.I will be there next week supporting my team and wanting a win as much as any other supporter.

Archived