onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neymar to PSG?

Tomo

Possibly, for £198M (€222M), pretty sure that's over double the current record isn't it? PSG are apparently willing to pay too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40800757

His agent also said he was offered £650,000 a week (tax-free) last year by them, so that could be even more this year (apparently offered €30M in bonuses too this time).

When will it end? Absolutely unreal sums of money. Only a few years time (if that) until we see the first £1M P/W player I reckon.

Advert

Just disgusting. When you can afford to find the purchase of one player for £2@0 million, you have too much money.incant imagine the mind set of someone who thinks spending this on a footballer player is ok. Surely you could do more for you city and feel good about yourself by using that money to help so many more needy people. Just bonkers.

There's a lot of talk in the Spanish press about 'financial doping', some of it is a bit rich to be honest.

They're talking about how the Qataris are chucking a lot of money into PSG structured as sponsorship deals, which are massively over inflated, as a way of getting around the UEFA FFP rules. The deal for image rights with the Qatar tourist board alone is something daft.

The president of La Liga has talked about refusing to accept the transfer fee when PSG try to lodge it with them. It remains to see it he does.

With financial fair play the signing has to be a commercial decision. Neymar is an asset and he will produce an income stream that justifies the cost - or not, especially given the risk of injury. If financial fair play is being satisfied by wealthy owners writing off money in the form of over inflated contracts posting income to the accounts, well that is their choice. I guess it is a transfer of money from the Middle East to Spain and France and indirectly benefits economic activity in European countries when it is spent or re-invested by Neymar and his representatives. Barcelona will presumably sign replacements.

The tax flows created by Neymar support government, public services and international aid. The more he earns, the more he pays.

There's a lot of talk in the Spanish press about 'financial doping', some of it is a bit rich to be honest.

They're talking about how the Qataris are chucking a lot of money into PSG structured as sponsorship deals, which are massively over inflated, as a way of getting around the UEFA FFP rules. The deal for image rights with the Qatar tourist board alone is something daft.

The president of La Liga has talked about refusing to accept the transfer fee when PSG try to lodge it with them. It remains to see it he does.

That's how every sport gets around the wage cap.

In a world where so many people live in poverty, this amount of money is obscene for what is in effect, kicking a round, leather inflatable round a bit of grass. The fact that even in today's bloated version of football it's a suprise, says it all.

I sincerely hope that the owners of all these clubs lose all their money, and that Sky go bump. Would be the best thing to ever happen to football, certainly in this country.

Sent from my CUBOT ECHO using Tapatalk

Financial Fair Play my @rse. I think the sums involved are utterly grotesque. There are people out there clinging to life, taking the most appalling risks to escape war, suffering and abject poverty, and yet society somehow thinks it's acceptable for a FOOTBALL club to pay £200m plus £2.6m per month for someone to kick a bag of wind around for 90 mins half a dozen times during that month for 9 months a year. Ridiculous. FIFA should immediately 1.) reinstate the 3 foreigners rule and 2.) apply a 100% tax on transfer fees above a certain amount with the proceeds going to charity.

He's a decent player but certainly no Messi, no Ronaldo, no George Best, no Cryuff, no Maradona, no Pele. it's supply and demand but for me he's vastly over rated and over valued.

He has improved in my opinion but has to play in a way that accommodates Messi and Suarez. He wants the chance to be the best player in the world. I don't think he is more than a top player in the current generation of players. He does not transcend as Ronaldo and Messi do to be among a small group of players who are the greatest of all time. He is about Bale level.

Just disgusting. When you can afford to find the purchase of one player for £2@0 million, you have too much money.incant imagine the mind set of someone who thinks spending this on a footballer player is ok. Surely you could do more for you city and feel good about yourself by using that money to help so many more needy people. Just bonkers.

You're right. But they don't want to help other people, they just want to help themselves. You now have to ignore the money involved as it just isn't real to the average punter. Just talk about whether it's a good signing or not. The actual sums of money in football now mean nothing. And this is all Sky's fault. Hence my subscription cancellation some 18 months or so ago.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived