onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunning signs

KingRay

Advert

Seems slightly strange that Brown says about needing 2 or 3 more signings, when we're absolutely desperate for a left-back and 2 central midfielders, and he then signs another centre-back (the third this Summer).

Are Gunning & Davis the 3rd & 4th choice centre-backs? (Davis said he'd come back here to get games, as though he was expecting to be in the team)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Smith is sold as I reckon Smurthwaite would snatch the hands off anyone that puts Pound signs in front of his eyes!

I really hope I'm wrong on that one & that Smith is still a Vale player come September 1st.

I wonder whether we will see Kay play as a midfielder rather than at centre half, he has played a lot of games over the years in this position.

He has also scored over 50 goals throughout his career, all at a higher level so would imagine he would be comfortable in this position.

Mixed reviews on gunning on Grimsby forum but from what I've seen he's played out of position for us heads the ball well and clears his lines. Maybe brown is going for experience this year and might not play Smith has much has people expect last season we had a young pairing at the back with streete and Smith he might

Go for experience or a mix this season when bikey came in even unfit it changed things slightly Smith has not had a good couple of seasons regards of goals conceded is that him or players around him I would see how he gets on this year but I would expect that he won't be first on the team sheet unless he proves himself I like the competition brown has created at the back we didn't have that last season so credit to him. I hope Smith will become the centre half we want and need but he needs time.

Mixed reviews on gunning on Grimsby forum but from what I've seen he's played out of position for us heads the ball well and clears his lines. Maybe brown is going for experience this year and might not play Smith has much has people expect last season we had a young pairing at the back with streete and Smith he might

Go for experience or a mix this season when bikey came in even unfit it changed things slightly Smith has not had a good couple of seasons regards of goals conceded is that him or players around him I would see how he gets on this year but I would expect that he won't be first on the team sheet unless he proves himself I like the competition brown has created at the back we didn't have that last season so credit to him. I hope Smith will become the centre half we want and need but he needs time.

What you been smoking mate ?

A lot of thing. Obviously your not allowed an opinion on one Vale fan manager of the year material on here. Smith isn't has good as people think 140 odd goals conceded in 2 seasons where he's been centre half I said is it his fault or players around him but there you go it's your opinion I have mine

Well considering he's only played for one season and he isn't the only one in defence,I definately think you are wrong.Then that's only my opinion.

A lot of thing. Obviously your not allowed an opinion on one Vale fan manager of the year material on here. Smith isn't has good as people think 140 odd goals conceded in 2 seasons where he's been centre half I said is it his fault or players around him but there you go it's your opinion I have mine

He only made his debut for us in the first game last season and went on to sweep the board at the player of the year awards, having done the same on loan at Torquay the previous season. If you say he's had a bad couple of years I can't wait for him to have a good year.

Gunning will be a decent back up signing. People seem confused by signing another centre half but any team needs four in the squad because if you have three and one gets injured you've not got a substitute and can't really play 3 at the back without a forth for back up either so it was needed to complete the defence.

I'm glad people read comments properly when he played at Torquay they conceded 70 plus goals Vale conceded 70 plus goals last season I said is it him or players around him that's twice I've said that. I have not said he's a bad player I've said he's got competition for his place next season but like I say it's full of manager of the year material on here haha

Archived