onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chester Bennington RIP

nightmare in a damaged bra

Advert

Ignorant because I have a different view to yourself? How ironic.

No, ignorant because you're taking insensitive tripe about a subject you obviously have little more than a primary school leve understanding of. Grow up.

If you want irony, consider how a man so lost with despair doesn't consider his six kids and family and takes his own life, then being called selfish. Just think how utterly consumed he was with sadness to do what he did and you think that's selfish? Jesus, I hope he black dog never gets it's claws into you properly.

That poor bloke who entertained and brought joy to millions of people, don't deserve such cheap shots being fired at him. Like I said, shame on you.

Ignorant because I have a different view to yourself? How ironic.

This is why I said what I did to you earlier in the thread.

Depression isn't about "having a view".

It's not a ******* debate. It's a real illness.

You described yourself as having depression. With respect it sounded like you were "fed up".

I have an absolutely wonderful life. I don't want for anything. Yet 3 years ago a hotel porter in England saved my life as I was so far gone.

And I have the most wonderful family and friends.

I went there. Looking back it was like someone else in control of me.

You have absolutely no idea.

Well yeah, but the fact that he committed suicide on his best buddies (Chris Cornell's) birthday isn't just a coincidence, or is very unlikely to be. Seems like he couldn't live without Chris but he could be without his family.

Absolutely no evidence that he could not carry on without Chris Cornell in his life. Are you saying if Chris Cornell was alive Chester Bennington would still be?

He was obviously in an awfully bad place, and your heart can only go out to him. But for me your family should be enough to keep you hanging on in there each day no matter what. But again, that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to insist that it's right.

I'm not sure we'll ever know in this case but the general point is important....many (perhaps all) who commit suicide are not thinking rationally so you can't expect them to make rational decisions.

There can also often (maybe always) be an underlying medical cause..some sort of chemical imbalance affecting thought processes and emotions..meaning the sufferer has no control over how they are feeling. No more control than a happy 'normal' person can suddenly deliberately make themselves feel unhappy.

Depression, voices in the head (psychosis) etc are not under the person's control so I don't get how you think someone with children should sit there and think "I'm not going to do this cos it will harm my children" when they might actually be thinking that it will do their children good.

I'll not continue to repeat myself

I used to be a huge LP fan, and have briefly met Chester Bennington who came across as a really decent and down to earth guy. But, and although it's obviously really sad, I think doing what he did when he had a family, including the 6 kids he brought into this world, is just about the most selfish thing a person could do no matter what demons he had, in my opinion.

I wondered when a ignorant post like this would seep out of the woodwork.

Imagine a soldier taken hostage. Tortured every single day, in immense pain every single day with no hope of escape. He finds a gun a gun with one bullet. Would you blame him for ending it? Did he love his family any less? Did he even want to die? Just because you cant see the torture Chester Bennington was going through doesnt mean it wasnt there. There is so much ignorance about mental health, and if you have had mental health issues yourself, you should know better. But the whole 'I got over it, so why couldnt he' schtick totlly misses the point. Maybe if he put a plaster on his head you'd be more understanding? I mean..selfish?? Just taking a second to think about it would tell you its a ridiculous thing to say. You're saying that an act that ended up with him dying was him being selfish?

What about the people that jumped from the twin towers. Were they 'selfish' too.

Fair enough, seems my opinion is very much in the wrong. But it obviously doesn't really matter at all what I think. It's a very sad thing and my heart goes out to him and anyone that's in such mental turmoil. But ultimately it's the family of his I feel the most sympathy for, that's all. But as mentioned, I've been in his shoes somewhat (perhaps to a lesser extent as everybody is different) and the one thing that did keep me going during those hard times was the fact that I knew I had people around me that cared. I always told myself that if I didn't hold on and see things through the best I could that I'd be letting each and every one of them down and changing their lives for the worst, and for me that was the motivation I needed to get through it.

Fair enough, seems my opinion is very much in the wrong. But it obviously doesn't really matter at all what I think. It's a very sad thing and my heart goes out to him and anyone that's in such mental turmoil. But ultimately it's the family of his I feel the most sympathy for, that's all. But as mentioned, I've been in his shoes somewhat (perhaps to a lesser extent as everybody is different) and the one thing that did keep me going during those hard times was the fact that I knew I had people around me that cared. I always told myself that if I didn't hold on and see things through the best I could that I'd be letting each and every one of them down and changing their lives for the worst, and for me that was the motivation I needed to get through it.

Fair enough, but having sympathy for the family is absolutely understandable, No one would argue with that. It must be terrible for them.

Archived