Chester Bennington RIP

nightmare in a damaged bra

Advert:

He struggled with mental illness for years, absolutely gutted about it. First band I ever listened to & was pretty much a gateway into all of the music I listen to nowadays.

Probably the best band I've ever seen live too, just unreal.

Advert:

I used to be a huge LP fan, and have briefly met Chester Bennington who came across as a really decent and down to earth guy. But, and although it's obviously really sad, I think doing what he did when he had a family, including the 6 kids he brought into this world, is just about the most selfish thing a person could do no matter what demons he had, in my opinion.

I used to be a huge LP fan, and have briefly met Chester Bennington who came across as a really decent and down to earth guy. But, and although it's obviously really sad, I think doing what he did when he had a family, including the 6 kids he brought into this world, is just about the most selfish thing a person could do no matter what demons he had, in my opinion.

Maybe he thought they would be better off without him?

We'll never really know what he was thinking but for him to leave his family he must have been desperate..IMO

A typical thought from someone who clearly hasn't the first clue about depression.

Imagine one of your limbs being that mangled, there is no option but to have it amputated.

Just because the injury can't be seen doesn't mean you should judge as to how bad it is.

A typical thought from someone who clearly hasn't the first clue about depression.

Imagine one of your limbs being that mangled, there is no option but to have it amputated.

Just because the injury can't be seen doesn't mean you should judge as to how bad it is.

Err, I've had depression myself pal, although it was many years ago.

And yes, life seems **** and you find it really hard to enjoy anything. But the one thing that got me through those dark times more than anything else is knowing I had people around me, family, friends and a girlfriend, that gave a toss about me. And speaking for myself I would never have done anything to ruin their lives. That's exactly what he's done ultimately.

Depression is a truly awful thing and it is extremely hard. But what he did was an extremely selfish act. He should never have had children in the first place if he contemplated doing that on a daily basis.

Advert:

Err, I've had depression myself pal, although it was many years ago.

And yes, life seems **** and you find it really hard to enjoy anything. But the one thing that got me through those dark times more than anything else is knowing I had people around me, family, friends and a girlfriend, that gave a toss about me. And speaking for myself I would never have done anything to ruin their lives. That's exactly what he's done ultimately.

He may have thought being without him would improve their lives? That they would be better off with someone else?When you feel you are continually letting down and failing those that you love the most, when you feel that you are nothing but a burden to them when you should be the opposite, when you feel that you need to relieve them of that burden..sometimes you can only see one way to do that.

He may have thought being without him would improve their lives? That they would be better off with someone else?When you feel you are continually letting down and failing those that you love the most, when you feel that you are nothing but a burden to them when you should be the opposite, when you feel that you need to relieve them of that burden..sometimes you can only see one way to do that.

Perhaps so. But nobody will ever know other than him, and the fact that he didn't even leave a suicide note suggests that it was a decision made on a whim. I still think doing that when you have a family is an extremely selfish thing to do know matter the reasons, but also understand that mental health issues can make you do the unthinkable. All in all it's just very sad.

Perhaps so. But nobody will ever know other than him, and the fact that he didn't even leave a suicide note suggests that it was a decision made on a whim. I still think doing that when you have a family is an extremely selfish thing to do know matter the reasons, but also understand that mental health issues can make you do the unthinkable. All in all it's just very sad.

Most people who kill themselves don't leave a note. There was no mystery as to why Chester did so, so a note would of been of little value.

As for it being selfish of him because he had six children. Well at least he has probably left them plenty of money. I can't say that suicide is or isn't selfish, but if the guy had money, adoring fans, loving family and still couldn't bear to carry on living then well damn... he must have been in a very bad place indeed.

Most people who kill themselves don't leave a note. There was no mystery as to why Chester did so, so a note would of been of little value.

As for it being selfish of him because he had six children. Well at least he has probably left them plenty of money. I can't say that suicide is or isn't selfish, but if the guy had money, adoring fans, loving family and still couldn't bear to carry on living then well damn... he must have been in a very bad place indeed.

Well yeah, but the fact that he committed suicide on his best buddies (Chris Cornell's) birthday isn't just a coincidence, or is very unlikely to be. Seems like he couldn't live without Chris but he could be without his family.

He was obviously in an awfully bad place, and your heart can only go out to him. But for me your family should be enough to keep you hanging on in there each day no matter what. But again, that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to insist that it's right.

You are simply ignorant, shame on you.

Advert:

Ignorant because I have a different view to yourself? How ironic.

No, ignorant because you're taking insensitive tripe about a subject you obviously have little more than a primary school leve understanding of. Grow up.

If you want irony, consider how a man so lost with despair doesn't consider his six kids and family and takes his own life, then being called selfish. Just think how utterly consumed he was with sadness to do what he did and you think that's selfish? Jesus, I hope he black dog never gets it's claws into you properly.

That poor bloke who entertained and brought joy to millions of people, don't deserve such cheap shots being fired at him. Like I said, shame on you.

Ignorant because I have a different view to yourself? How ironic.

This is why I said what I did to you earlier in the thread.

Depression isn't about "having a view".

It's not a ******* debate. It's a real illness.

You described yourself as having depression. With respect it sounded like you were "fed up".

I have an absolutely wonderful life. I don't want for anything. Yet 3 years ago a hotel porter in England saved my life as I was so far gone.

And I have the most wonderful family and friends.

I went there. Looking back it was like someone else in control of me.

You have absolutely no idea.

Archived