onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Race Hate / Terrorist Acid Attack

Robbie Earle's Perm

I read a case a while back in the senile about a white 60+year old bloke being attacked for driving through Etruria/ cobridge and a group of Asians kicked his car and said this is our street get off it, he stopped his car and was set upon for driving down their street...... This wasn't reported as a racist attack. Just an attack, it works both ways it's just highlighted more by recent events.

There was an acid attack in a club a few weeks back, that wasn't a racist attack, perhaps we should let the police carry out their jobs before jumping on the band wagon.

This kind of attack is becoming too familiar these days.A Thomson holiday rep was targeted just a few weeks ago in Portugal.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/09/first-pictures-of-thomson-holiday-rep-who-was-doused-in-acid-in-tourist-hotspot-6625980/

Advert

You are reading something that isn't there and working yourself up into a frenzy.

I dont think we need to make slapping people with meat a crime. Although, if the circumstances are bad enough (e.g. Pain and suffering caused) then you could argue that it is a common assault.

I don't think this act is designed to terrorise the victim, it's done to insult and offend. Should it be a crime to insult someone? I don't think so.

It's the same reason that I don't think burning poppies needs to be a crime.

I think society will naturally tell these idiots that there behaviour is not acceptable by shunning them and mocking them.

As a rough legal definition it used to be

A believable threat is an assault... contact is a battery

If I remember correctly

I'd agree to some extent, pretty hard to argue that slapping a muslim with bacon is not racially motivated.

But it could be motivated by the person's religion ..could be

Although I have said before on here that I disagree with the idea of 'hate' crimes and I'm not sure that slapping someone with a flimsy bit of meat is should be a crime.

It's battery surely? Hitting anyone with anything is potentially battery (depending on the circumstances)..just cos it's not a hammer doesn't mean it isn't battery.

As a rough legal definition it used to be

A believable threat is an assault... contact is a battery

If I remember correctly

The literal definitions are yes. Assault is to basically cause someone to believe that unlawful force is about to be used against them.

Battery is the application of unlawful force.

Common assault can cover both.

It's been too long since I studied it to know the rules for unlawful force, but throwing bacon at someone probably wouldn't meet them. Slapping someone possibly could.

Is there any point prosecuting someone of battery who hasn't inflicted any pain, hasn't otherwise threatened the safety of the other person? I'm not sure. I would think that there has to be some sort of loss or injury really.

being a horrible person is not illegal. Causing loss or harm to someone is.

This is absolutely horrific and I cant believe it's taken days to come out. As the victim suggests if it was the other way around it would probably be headline.

Christ there is some scum in this world.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

If you want to hear about something really horrific tune in to 'The Betrayed Girls' on Monday night at 8.30pm on BBC One.The police and social services should be truly ashamed in allowing this scandal to happen.

I'm not a big BBC fan but they deserve a lot of credit for daring to make this documentary.

Is there any point prosecuting someone of battery who hasn't inflicted any pain, hasn't otherwise threatened the safety of the other person? I'm not sure. I would think that there has to be some sort of loss or injury really.

Depends what you think the aim of prosecution is..punishment, deterrent, justice for the victim, in the public interest etc You prosecute to achieve the desired aim so if you think it won't achieve the aim then you don't prosecute.

Injury can be 'psychological' as well as physical

I don't think someone who has been banned recently should make a post with so many reasons for the admin to edit it. Try behaving Dappy, you naughty old blighter

Less of the 'old blighter' thank you.:wink:

It's clearly obvious trying to debate with one or two people whose positions are so fixed that they actually think that 'unclean meat' (from the point of view of the person attacked) was chosen almost as a random weapon, so you'll be delighted to know I won't post on this thread again.

As a last thought though, it would have been interesting to hear your own views on the subject, rather than you using it as a chance to berate someone and be so Godly, you have been known to have the odd outburst yourself I seem to remember. :unsure:

You really don't know what you are talking about, .

For a start, it is certainly hate crime. .

Secondly, it is not racist, it is a religious hate crime. What if the muslim person attacked had been white and British ?

Thirdly, you say you are not sure it should be a crime, then say it should be common assault. .

Although it might seem at first there is a comic element in being hit with a piece of meat, it is designed to terrorise the victim as it is carefully and deliberately aimed at their beliefs of what is unclean.

to try and claim that they just chose a piece of meat that this person would see as unclean at random, and it could have been a tree branch or ?

One week and he's straight back at it.

It's clearly obvious trying to debate with one or two people whose positions are so fixed that they actually think that 'unclean meat' (from the point of view of the person attacked) was chosen almost as a random weapon, so you'll be delighted to know I won't post on this thread again.

As a last thought though, it would have been interesting to hear your own views on the subject, rather than you using it as a chance to berate someone and be so Godly, you have been known to have the odd outburst yourself I seem to remember. :unsure:

To be fair I never said choosing bacon was/could have been random.

I actually said it is hard to argue that using bacon was not racially motivated (I could have included religion here but my point was that obviously the use of bacon is because it was a muslim victim).

I've actually said the direct opposite of what you are accusing me of here.

Depends what you think the aim of prosecution is..punishment, deterrent, justice for the victim, in the public interest etc You prosecute to achieve the desired aim so if you think it won't achieve the aim then you don't prosecute.

Injury can be 'psychological' as well as physical

Yes I agree on both points, and for me there has to be a consideration that these silly little prosecutions when no one is hurt will just stoke the fire.

If it turns out that this acid attack was motivated by racism/religion etc then yes, throw the book at him and a long custodial sentence should be a satisfactory punishment.

You hear about these bacon stories once every few years, whether it's throwing it at a mosque, draping it over door handles or slapping someone, and all it ends with is a lot of non muslims over exaggerating the effect because they absolutely love making victims out of nothing. In turn you get the true bigots and racists who then become even more determined to cause trouble.

I can't say as I've ever heard an actual Muslim complain about bacon and I've never heard a Muslim say that the mere sight of bacon could be an act of terror. It simply isn't. Although I admit that in these examples it is being used to offend and insult.

Who's being berated Dappy? I'm not the one with a glut of admin edits on my post, so I'd probably watch out for the earth shattering irony.

I've had many outbursts and will have many more but I've never been banned because I can reason a debate without insults or monumental dummy spitting. You could learn from me Dappy- we'll try and raise your bar like a modern day My Fair Lady.

If you want to hear about something really horrific tune in to 'The Betrayed Girls' on Monday night at 8.30pm on BBC One.The police and social services should be truly ashamed in allowing this scandal to happen.

I'm not a big BBC fan but they deserve a lot of credit for daring to make this documentary.

Something far better than the Bbc version of the same story is the EDL docu where T Robinson confronts the accused outside the court as they are about to attend trial

Watched it and a typical predictable BBC PHSY OP with a billed topic becoming something completely different . Supposed to be about Asians grooming children for sex and was actually about nick griffin and bnp and the EDL

Watched it and a typical predictable BBC PHSY OP with a billed topic becoming something completely different . Supposed to be about Asians grooming children for sex and was actually about nick griffin and bnp and the EDL

It was a very strange narrative to be fair. The BNP were painted in their usual light of violent racist thugs yet having watched the documentary it appears to me that they played a significant part in these horrendous crimes being recognized on a national stage.

It was a very strange narrative to be fair. The BNP were painted in their usual light of violent racist thugs yet having watched the documentary it appears to me that they played a significant part in these horrendous crimes being recognized on a national stage.

Even Hitler was nice to dogs

Archived