onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale could miss out on Chris Eagles and Ryan Taylor signings

News Feed

Same here. Nobody who went to Chesterfield will ever forget his free kick in the last minute.

I lost it completely when he did that Santa, probably well OTT but at least i showed passion as did a lot of other Vale fans that day, some mis-guided but nonetheless that free kick sums up his second spell at the club for me.

Advert

Brown might become a good/fair manager, but what gets me is he let Ribeiro do what he did with last years team ie fitness, untried players, without standing up for the good of the team by opening his mouth, if he'd been dismissed at least we could have respected him for it...

Also our leader well enough said apart from before his antics 2 seasons ago players were willing to come to PVFC...

Lastly we can only hope that we can pick someone else up like Eagles/Bikey and kick start there careers, we can only hope...

Same here. Nobody who went to Chesterfield will ever forget his free kick in the last minute.

Capped off probably the worst ever performance I've seen someone give in a Vale shirt, which with the dross I've seen over the years, is quite an achievement.

'If you play for the badge on the front of the shirt, we'll remember the name on the back!'

These two don't do the first part. Performances last season weren't good enough for long enough. Get rid.

Taylor - too slow and often not interested. Great talent, poor attitude. Bye.

Eagles - over inflated ego for the talent he once had. Sadly the recent years performances dont justify us hanging around to pick up the scraps. Bye.

'If you play for the badge on the front of the shirt, we'll remember the name on the back!'

These two don't do the first part. Performances last season weren't good enough for long enough. Get rid.

Eagles - over inflated ego for the talent he once had. Sadly the recent years performances dont justify us hanging around to pick up the scraps. Bye.

Someone didn;t see Eagles play in the last 6 or 7 games did they? Silly sausage, making things up

You are so right. Also Guardiola should resign because he hasn't managed to sign Alves yet, Pochettino should resign because Walker may leave and with Salah moving from Roma to Liverpool, the Roma Chairman even must be on the brink.

Come on though, the reality is that a players career is short and its only natural that they would want to play at the highest level for the longest time. Players move up and down and settle at some clubs but not others. If Eagles did a job for us, got his spark back and is worthy of a place in a higher division, can you blame him for not staying really?

You are so right. Also Guardiola should resign because he hasn't managed to sign Alves yet, Pochettino should resign because Walker may leave and with Salah moving from Roma to Liverpool, the Roma Chairman even must be on the brink.

Come on though, the reality is that a players career is short and its only natural that they would want to play at the highest level for the longest time. Players move up and down and settle at some clubs but not others. If Eagles did a job for us, got his spark back and is worthy of a place in a higher division, can you blame him for not staying really?

Eagles couldn't get his place in a poor Accrington Stanley team and Brown offered him a lifeline by bringing him to Vale.

If this is how he repays the help offered to him to resurrect his career he is a very shallow person. Any move for him is a gamble for a few extra bucks and he could quite easily end up being back to square one. He made quite an impression at the end of last season not least with the supporters so I can't understand why he can't accept that he could get regular football every week and become one of our respected players.

So players' hang about signing new contracts because they are looking for greener pastures, Yep, that's how it is these days.

Come kick-off day they haven't found greener pastures and say they now want to sign on.

If I was a the manager I'd welcome them with a reduced terms - take or leave it.

Footballers have and will always do what's best for them.Money rules and I'm afraid League Two is a last resort.

Absolutely :thumbs:

Eagles couldn't get his place in a poor Accrington Stanley team and Brown offered him a lifeline by bringing him to Vale.

If this is how he repays the help offered to him to resurrect his career he is a very shallow person. Any move for him is a gamble for a few extra bucks and he could quite easily end up being back to square one. He made quite an impression at the end of last season not least with the supporters so I can't understand why he can't accept that he could get regular football every week and become one of our respected players.

It's a mans career! There is no loyalty really. People forget that while we may love the club, sadly it's just a job to most people. I like my boss, respect him and am grateful that he gave me a job a few years ago when I was made redundant. I have been loyal and repaid him every day for his wages by trying my best. But if a better job with more money and better prospects came along, I'd leave. He know it and so do I. Eagles and 99% of players are no different and I wouldn't expect them to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a mans career! There is no loyalty really. People forget that while we may love the club, sadly it's just a job to most people. I like my boss, respect him and am grateful that he gave me a job a few years ago when I was made redundant. I have been loyal and repaid him every day for his wages by trying my best. But if a better job with more money and better prospects came along, I'd leave. He know it and so do I. Eagles and 99% of players are no different and I wouldn't expect them to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hypothetical I know - but would your boss be okay knowing you were actively looking for another job, even went for an interview but missed out on being appointed, only to see you back on duty to carry on as though nothing had happened?

Yes, football is different, but if I was a manager dealing with a player missing out on 'greener pasture' wanting to 'clock on' again I would be offering a contract of lesser terms - take it or leave it.

Archived