onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The BREXIT SCAM 12 months on

FATBOYSTEVE

That's absolutely spot-on. That's why in an earlier post I have made the point that anyone can make political promises, carrying them out is a whole different ball game as Labour (and the voters they dupe) would find out if they did get into office. How many American voters are already starting to be disillusioned with Trump's election promises that clearly he's having to set aside or at best water down? It would be exactly the same with Corbyn and Mc Donnell's wildly fantastical economic bribes--sorry--promises!

To be honest I read that Trump is still very popular amongst those that voted for him. They see him trying and being blocked by the establishment...'the man' doesn't want him to succeed.

It would be very different for JC although like any govt once in office priorities, unforeseen events, legal restrictions etc can prevent delivery of a policy. And sometimes it was never achievable but was a good vote winner..all the major parties are guilty of that to a lesser or greater extent

Advert

To be honest I read that Trump is still very popular amongst those that voted for him. They see him trying and being blocked by the establishment...'the man' doesn't want him to succeed.

It would be very different for JC although like any govt once in office priorities, unforeseen events, legal restrictions etc can prevent delivery of a policy. And sometimes it was never achievable but was a good vote winner..all the major parties are guilty of that to a lesser or greater extent

I can't argue with that. But the longer time goes on and the less promises he is able to achieve, then that is the time that American voters will become more disillusioned with his failed promises.

If it isn't official Labour policy to leave the single market and customs' union, then can you please explain why Jeremy Corbyn sacked 3 of his front benchers yesterday (and a fourth resigned) because they all voted against the Labour whip, to stay in the single market and customs' union?

Do you not understand that Chukka Ummuna's amendment yesterday was totally opposite to Labour's stated policy and pi**ed off his leader completely--hence the (for once) decisive action by Corbyn to make the sackings! My real point (which you appear to have missed) is that Labour is even more divided on Brexit tactics than the Tories and it's not surprising with all the flipping and flopping during the election and since, that there is a lack of clarity (surprise, surprise!) on what Labour really stands for.

IMG_0075.JPG

To be fair, the tories split on the EU was what brought a referendum.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]191[/ATTACH]

To be fair, the tories split on the EU was what brought a referendum.

This was taken as of this year. A referendum came about because the rise of UKIP and Cameron promising it in his manifesto which he promised on the back end of support for UKIP.

The referendum has ended UKIP as a party but didn't give Cameron the result he wanted.

This was taken as of this year. A referendum came about because the rise of UKIP and Cameron promising it in his manifesto which he promised on the back end of support for UKIP.

The referendum has ended UKIP as a party but didn't give Cameron the result he wanted.

I know, but my point is that the Tories are far more split than any party on Europe. What we are talking about now is who is towing the line and who isn't.

I know, but my point is that the Tories are far more split than any party on Europe. What we are talking about now is who is towing the line and who isn't.

I agree,and I think it's good that MPs can decide which way they go without being told to and would support that more often with a subject like Brexit. It gets me that Jezza was very quiet throughout the Brexit debate and campaigning when we all know he was pro leave.

If it isn't official Labour policy to leave the single market and customs' union, then can you please explain why Jeremy Corbyn sacked 3 of his front benchers yesterday (and a fourth resigned) because they all voted against the Labour whip, to stay in the single market and customs' union?

Do you not understand that Chukka Ummuna's amendment yesterday was totally opposite to Labour's stated policy and pi**ed off his leader completely--hence the (for once) decisive action by Corbyn to make the sackings! My real point (which you appear to have missed) is that Labour is even more divided on Brexit tactics than the Tories and it's not surprising with all the flipping and flopping during the election and since, that there is a lack of clarity (surprise, surprise!) on what Labour really stands for.

I really don't think you understand what a Manifesto is. A Manifesto is a document that sets out policies for the Parliament ahead, should a party win it means they are to set those Policies outlined in the Manifesto to Parliament to have a look at. I think you've suffered from a reading and understanding difficulty, granted you can read, it understanding isn't your bag. Show me where, in the link that I has to provide you because you willfully made an outright lie about about Labours manifesto, where it says Labours it to explicitly policy is to stay in the customs union?

I'll tell you what, this might come as a shock to you, but you can use any number of internet search engines to find out for yourself why Labour sacked some front benchers last night, as I'm not a member, Labour voter or part of the party's hierarchy it would be disingenuous at best for me to have a stab at it.

I agree,and I think it's good that MPs can decide which way they go without being told to and would support that more often with a subject like Brexit. It gets me that Jezza was very quiet throughout the Brexit debate and campaigning when we all know he was pro leave.

Personally I think mp's should be able to campaign he way their constituency voted on this one. Completely democratic and also parties won't need to be worry about their voters feeling betrayed.

That's what we want..a decisive policy from a committed principled leader....hiding their true views more like and willing to say anything to get into office. And they failed.

I don't think Labour failed alone, I think all parties failed together in a weird political suicide pact. The Torys should have walked it. The LibDems should have picked up more than they did because of their commitment to a second referendum, Labour were starting from death bed and had they been remotely competent for the last 2 years as an opposition, given the way the election went, they'd have walked this.

They commited a weird suicide between them precisely because between all of them, they don't know what they want and they sure as hell don't know what we want either, they've all failed to commit to solid, sensible, popular policies that would attract voters.

I think Labour have missed their chance and it might still have been a wise move for May taking a snap election even though the result did not go the way she wanted because if it had happened a couple of years down the line Labour may have gained further support and won the election. IMO when the next election takes play in 5 years time we will see that Brexit has worked out a lot better than 48% of the voters are predicting plus it will be very unlikely May will be leading the Tories in to the election and they will have a much stronger mandate to take to the people.

I don't think Labour failed alone,

No one is suggesting they did...but it's a fact they failed to achieve office

I think all parties failed together in a weird political suicide pact. The Torys should have walked it. The LibDems should have picked up more than they did because of their commitment to a second referendum, Labour were starting from death bed and had they been remotely competent for the last 2 years as an opposition, given the way the election went, they'd have walked this.

Certainly had they been a more effective opposition things could have been very different

They commited a weird suicide between them precisely because between all of them, they don't know what they want and they sure as hell don't know what we want either, they've all failed to commit to solid, sensible, popular policies that would attract voters.

I want them to do what they feel is right for the nation not what's popular and will get them elected. Decide what's needed and make their case....someone will win the election so tnhey should go into it preaching what they believe will be the right things to do

I think Labour have missed their chance and it might still have been a wise move for May taking a snap election even though the result did not go the way she wanted because if it had happened a couple of years down the line Labour may have gained further support and won the election. IMO when the next election takes play in 5 years time we will see that Brexit has worked out a lot better than 48% of the voters are predicting plus it will be very unlikely May will be leading the Tories in to the election and they will have a much stronger mandate to take to the people.
The only certainty is that the number of Boomers alive reduces as each year passes.

I think you will find more the 52% claiming they were part of the 48% when it all turns into a complete disaster.

I don't think Labour failed alone, I think all parties failed together in a weird political suicide pact. The Torys should have walked it. The LibDems should have picked up more than they did because of their commitment to a second referendum, Labour were starting from death bed and had they been remotely competent for the last 2 years as an opposition, given the way the election went, they'd have walked this.

That is because neither front bench has any real leadership material in it. The country is sadly lacking in the sort of intelligent, charismatic leader that we so desperately need.

I agree unity is needed and we need to move forward with Brexit, however against it I am. However the magnitude and scope of it is unbelievable and to think the Torys (Cameron) offered this referendum without any planning sums up their regime. Totally incompetent.

We are relying on a party that has completely divided the country to negotiate a deal for us; a party conscripted by Lords of the Realms, judges, investment bankers and so forth, have our best interests at heart?

The scariest part of Brexit is how much the UK is held to random in regards to our economy! We import more than we export and if you take a deep and detailed look you'll find the vast majority of UK businesses are foriegn owned. In fact after the US it is Germany, France (and other slips my mind) who are most heavily invested in us.

Ultimately due to the economic factors I think business owners will call the shots, corporations tax will be lowered to attract more investment and business and an increase in income tax to supplement the deficit.

Archived