onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The BREXIT SCAM 12 months on

FATBOYSTEVE

Yet despite all that Bea she's still in power.Doesn't say much for the opposition does it?

On the day McDonnell states how united the Labour are.

"Yes,Jez,of course we'll do as you instruct "

Labour-The party of the young. The Gift that keeps on giving.

:laugh::laugh:

Advert

Yet despite all that Bea she's still in power.Doesn't say much for the opposition does it?

It says to anyone who cares to examine it fairly and without blinkers that she took a gamble and her judgement was appalling, with the result that all of the main policies she wanted to carry out have had to be scrapped.

Today's TIMES is saying Hammond will have to relax the public sector pay squeeze, as a nurses strike would surely be the garlic on the unreflecting mirror for May.

The 'dead lady walking' is welcome to power just at the moment, as thngs are about to get very unpleasant for all of us, and she will surely get the blame.

In fact, the election worked out very well, in that it paralysed the extreme policies of the far-right,but left a limping lame duck ready to be picked off at leisure as Botchxit fails and the EU have a field day humiliating May's pathetic negotiating team - so in answer to your question, I'd say that it says much for the opposition who are sitting very pretty right now, thank you.

They should scrap the pay lock for public sector now, it has gone on for long enough. I agreed with it for the first few years but the public sector pay is more on line with the private sector now. Even if they stop the pay lock for under X amount of earners.

On the day McDonnell states how united the Labour are.

"Yes,Jez,of course we'll do as you instruct "

Labour-The party of the young. The Gift that keeps on giving.

:laugh::laugh:

Really, Howjy, lame or what ? What is that supposed to mean ? I thought it was only ********** who posted like an over-excited 5-year-old? Surely you can do a BIT better.

Don't know about the gift that keeps giving, more like the gang that keep on posting like members of this elite group-

https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/silly_society_808384

Really, Howjy, lame or what ? What is that supposed to mean ? I thought it was only ********** who posted like an over-excited 5-year-old? Surely you can do a BIT better.

Don't know about the gift that keeps giving, more like the gang that keep on posting like members of this elite group-

https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/silly_society_808384

Not quite as lame as Jez ,who must be obeyed.I wonder how all those young disciples are feeling tonight.Betrayed,would you say,Bea?

Not quite as lame as Jez ,who must be obeyed.I wonder how all those young disciples are feeling tonight.Betrayed,would you say,Bea?

I had no idea what you were talking about and had to search deep to find the story, hidden in a tiny corner of the BBC news page for today, have a look

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

So really, , politicians change their teams all the time, the Tories more than most. But if you find it an exciting and titillating highlight of the news, who am I to stop your glee...... enjoy.

:mellow:

MPs should be able to make their own judgment on different topics and not always to tow the line with their party leader.

I am torn about this. On one hand, in principle I agree with you. But on the other, when following the party line at least you know what principles you are voting for.

I had no idea what you were talking about and had to search deep to find the story, hidden in a tiny corner of the BBC news page for today, have a look

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

So really, , politicians change their teams all the time, the Tories more than most. But if you find it an exciting and titillating highlight of the news, who am I to stop your glee...... enjoy.

:mellow:

Changing team members has always gone on.Its the reason why they were sacked is the part I was hinting at.As I stated earlier,McDonnell,yesterday,in the H of C,stated the Labour Party are united.Then within a matter of hours 50 Labour MPs defy the leader.Enjoy.

Anybody can have a political agenda,ask Jezza.It's whether you can deliver it instead of preaching it?

10/10 for absolutely not understanding what I've just said. Absolutely brilliant sir, I doff my cap at how out of your depth you've just come across.

Changing team members has always gone on.Its the reason why they were sacked is the part I was hinting at.As I stated earlier,McDonnell,yesterday,in the H of C,stated the Labour Party are united.Then within a matter of hours 50 Labour MPs defy the leader.Enjoy.

I believe Labour are chasing Jon Snow to join the party?

If anybody can do it, and they are 'all the same, liars, etc' why do you continually pick out Jeremy Corbyn? Maybe he would be able to, maybe not - but I would wager he would not have the weasel U-turns that have dominated the last 3 budgets, and the terrible decisions and lack of leadership that we have seen from May and previously from Cameron.

There is no douibt that Conervatives virtually never deliver what they say.

As it has turned out, May's most prominent points from the election manifesto have all been dropped too - Winter Fuel, Pension triple lock, fox hunting, most of the dementia tax hopefully too - so the election was a very good thing indeed.

It's ironic that the most objectionable policies have gone thanks to the appalling lack of foresight and judgement of a leader totally out of touch with her people.

Which is why I am convinced Brexit will go down the same pan with all the other effulent.

Labour's whole stance on Brexit is totally interesting. Despite the papering over the cracks during the election campaign, it has only taken barely 2 weeks for Labour's split on Brexit to take shape with anti-Corbyn factions within the party now once again emerging. I'll give him his due ( surprisingly for him showing some decisiveness) for sacking some of the junior front bench spokespeople who voted against him and the party whips last night, but don't kid yourself that everything is once again all sweetness and light within Labour rank and file MPs.

I, along with I suspect, many other people are still not clear exactly where Labour stands on the question of Brexit--the customs' union, single market and free movement of people? One of the reasons Jeremy was able to pick up both remainers' and leavers' votes furing the general election was due to this lack of transparency on which way they wanted to go. His usual flip-flopping leadership style, very apparent on this particular subject, helped his cause and gained him some votes from both camps. However in the real world (as opposed to campaign world) hard decisions have to be made and enacted through negotiation and legal bills in parliament. Corbyn and Labour are certainly not doing the country any favours by being so unclear on what they wish to achieve for Brexit.

From what you post, it is becoming very apparent that you would like to see overturned the democractic decision made by the majority (albeit a small one) of the people to leave the EU. I voted remain and was bitterly disappointed with the result, but unlike you, have accepted that Brexit does mean Brexit and all we can do now is hope that we get the best 'divorce' deal we possibly can. Come on Labour, decide what you really are fighting for in terms of the best deal and help the country by being supportive of and helpful in the negotiation process.

It's maybe okay to be a party of protest during an election campaign, but for the country's sake, please get real and come out with a consistent (not one contradicted every interview by different spokespeople)and viable proposal for the best Brexit option.

I would assume that the Labour party conference will determine the way forward for the next election and policy on the relationship with Europe, stance to be taken in the event of no-deal etc. Until then his hands are tied and he is unable to perform the acrobatics which is the advanced form of multiple u-turns now in vogue elsewhere.

Archived