onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The BREXIT SCAM 12 months on

FATBOYSTEVE

Advert

Also when the campaigning was going on I cannot remember anyone mentioning the UK having to pay compensation to leave, have heard some seriously large numbers mentioned.

But should we have to pay anything or that amount quoted? the money we've paid in since 1972 has been invested, so as long as those investments were good and profitable, then we should at least get our investment back...and if its been a good one the profits as well.

Depends what we were tied to, my guess is that the EU are playing us. We should pay our membership until we actually leave, 2 years notice is a good enough lead time after this we shouldn't have to pay anything.

The fact is that Merkel bloke calls all the shots in both Germany and the EU and if she had an arm wrestle with the Maybot who do u think would win? I know who my money would be on !!😜

My understanding (which means it must be fact) is that the UK has already signed up to various financial commitments re the EU (some related to those nations that joined more recently, EU civil servant pension liabilities etc. )and so in theory we are obliged to meet them. Originally payable over a number of years but on leaving they become due in one go....allegedly.

I think the wrong decision was made on both referendums

but they were made and we have to get on with it

Or we could do a european version and keep having them until the correct answer is returned

Why don't we have a Thai version where only the army can vote ? Bet you wouldn't say what you thought was right or wrong with the results then.:laugh:

My understanding (which means it must be fact) is that the UK has already signed up to various financial commitments re the EU (some related to those nations that joined more recently, EU civil servant pension liabilities etc. )and so in theory we are obliged to meet them. Originally payable over a number of years but on leaving they become due in one go....allegedly.

I think a due diligence exercise is needed. The EC need to propose costs that they think the UK is liable to meet and these need to be evaluated by accountants, statisticians, actuaries and lawyers etc. In general there is the past, the present and the future. The past is cost caused by things like past staff who have retired where I can see the UK should accept a proportion of the pension costs etc. The present is ongoing costs - my view on that is that the EU / EC operates on cycles. So for example the costs associated with project based schemes like the European Regional Development Fund have 6 year cycles and 2 year final close downs. They come to an end at specific times and once funded UK liability also ends as the next cycle is after the UK leaves. The total EU / EC budget works on this time bound basis, so UK liability and exit from liability should not be too difficult to arbitrate. As for the future the UK should choose or negotiate what it wants to continue to contribute to. So for access to the single market and a new form of customs union the UK should negotiate fees. For participation in other projects, schemes of cooperation like security etc. contributions / costs should be fairly agreed.

I listened to David Davies on Andrew Marr on Sunday and I was pretty impressed with what he said. It left a positive impression of our position and particularly that there is substantial objective sector based economic analysis which will inform the negotiation and strategy in due course.

Why don't we have a Thai version where only the army can vote ? Bet you wouldn't say what you thought was right or wrong with the results then.:laugh:

To be honest, much about Thailand makes me feel deeply uneasy. I think there's something inherently creepy about people who choose to go and live over there. Generally dirty little sleazeballs.

The fact is that Merkel bloke calls all the shots in both Germany and the EU and if she had an arm wrestle with the Maybot who do u think would win? I know who my money would be on !!

I am hoping that Hammond and Davies are the intellectual masterminds and they tell the Maybot what to say. Re Germany, keep in mind how many German cars and other goods are imported in to the UK. We have a substantial trade deficit and this means Merkel is accountable to her business community big time.

I for one reckon the French election was rigged. When it looked like the NF was getting close the establishment wheeled out a cardboard cutout token gay Frenchman alongside a woman old enough to be his mother in an effort to deflect his sexual preferences and he was then seen walking around holding hands with this old French lady for the duration of the election process and the French people bought it hook line and sinker !!

The thing about France, is, that sexual preference aren't something they have hangs up about like other nations, such as the UK, this is because France is a socially more developed country than the UK, probably because there are fewer people like you living their, which in many ways is unfortunate for the rest of us, but hey, we like having someone who is so stupid that he doesn't realise he's stupid. Certainly makes me have a higher opinion of myself.

Secondly, as Macron was gaining traction in the election he was hit with a massive cyber attack the day before the 2nd round of voting, lots of internal party documents were released to the public, the people who committed the hack, oh yeah, the Russians. So you could say their was an attempt to rig and influence the election afterall. Just not in the way that the conspiracy in your head would like it to have been.

The 52% voted to correct the disastrous mistakes made by the Blair/Cameron administrations.The other 48% were made up of the politically naive,the politically correct,the I'm alright Jacks,the do gooders,the "I can only afford to get pissed in Spain every other day now"brigade and the appeaser's.

YEEEERRRRSSS! YOU TELL THEM BRO!

Them Do Gooders aswell, how bloody dare they go around doing good. Thats a disgrace. Having a good deed done upon to one is a privilage not a right.

The Do Gooders, we'll deport them aswell.

What Brexit as a political process did was unique. It engaged everybody and split them down the middle, Yes or No, In Or Out.

It also allowed people to make flip a coin decisions because they didn't really know what they were voting for (Thats not to disparage anyone, thats the truth), it also gave a lot of people who read newspapers, watch TV news, listen to talk radio stations that opportunity to vote on something that has been prevalent in the press for 25 years and more but something that they never thought they had a voice for or with, when MEP elections take place they often took place at the same time as council elections, and who the hell votes in those? Nobody, so nobody voted for their MEP in any sort of great number.

What this left us with was several groups of people who didn't fully understand what it was they were doing when they went into the ballot booth. Working class areas like Sunderland heavily voted to leave, not realising a lot of jobs depended on an EU funded car plant. Cornwall voted heavily to leave not realising that most of their tourist infrastructure was paid for by the EU, steel working areas of South Wales did the same. They didn't realise that there jobs depended on being in the EU to some degree, Nissan up there in Sunderland have done a deal with the Government, but Nissan are Japanese you say, yeah, 50% owned by Renault Or Peugeot (I forget which one).

Voting remain was the safe hobsons choice thing that should have happened if people had been bothered to engage into European Politics for the last 2-3 decades, but they didn't they just let Newspapers, TV, and Radio inform them, a lot of people let someone tell them to jump off a cliff, and they only went and bloody did it.

No one votes in Thailand at the moment, the last "vote" was on an amended constitution.

I am not Thai nor do I wish to be, its their country, if there is something I cant accept/live with I move... Im on the other side of the coin, Im the immigrant, the invader, johnny foreigner... Im english, always have been, always will be.

Archived