onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

Joe was rejected by Leicester and Fleetwood and so will have a point to prove at Port Vale.

He will be fighting for his future and should give 100% which was lacking in some players last season.

Give the man a chance before criticising. We may be pleasantly surprised.

Also lets not forget Leicester actually paid us a fee for him so must of seen something in him,i will be backing him anyway,as i said yesterday he was given a rough ride by Adams like Morsy was for any mistake made

when Chris Neal joined us at around the same age he hadn't played many more games than Lainton has. He had been first choice at Shrewsbury as they were promoted out of League Two the previous season though.

Seems a very steady decent player, a few off field problems with a spot fixing charge and Rape charge that appeared to be thrown out in the end.

As long as we keep him off the pitch and away from other humans he should stay out of trouble then. Still, innocent until proven otherwise.

Hopefully he'll prove to be an astute signing, and if not then at least we have a new nationality to add to the history books, our first Colombian.

As long as we keep him off the pitch and away from other humans he should stay out of trouble then. Still, innocent until proven otherwise.

Hopefully he'll prove to be an astute signing, and if not then at least we have a new nationality to add to the history books, our first Colombian.

Bristol Rovers fans saying they thought he should have been kept on and is enjoyable to watch. Gets forward and also works hard tracking back. A very solid signing. I'm pleasantly surprised :clap:

I wasn't too impressed with Montano when I've seen him, but reading the Bristol Rovers forum I think he may be a decent signing:

Sorry to see that Montano was not offered a contract.

Quite enjoyed watching Monty but always subbed and never quite unlocked his potential.

Gutted to be honest. I think Monty is really enjoyable to watch. Works hard going forward and tracking back so it's a difficult one to understand

Monty is definitely one of the better wingers we've had at the Mem in recent years and his pace has often given teams something to think about, especially coming on against tiring legs. I'm not sure that Beckham could have picked out Harrison and Gaffney with crosses at times this season so I'm not sure I buy the "no end product" line.

Regardless of whether or not there are better options out there (again, like who?) I think many will be disappointed to see the back of Cristian Montano.

The task now is for DC to bring in a better winger than Monty who, on his day, probably the most exciting winger since Muzzy left

Certainly better than Byron Moore and helps in defence - unlike Moore

He so often opens things up for us though. A good header of the ball for a winger too.

I'm gutted he's going, he improves every game he plays.

If we have not offered a player the calibre of Christian Montano a contract, I am excited in what we may be getting in the summer.

That sounds really positive! Alot of wingers we bring in improve when they come to us aswell cause of the space they get at Vale Park.

Very happy with the three signings so far, alot won't be but some of those never will. Things starting to take shape.

Archived