onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

good goal!!

I have absolutely no recollection of that game.

I watched open mouthed as the 4th goal rattled in and was just sat wondering if I've gone mental.

I've evidently just completely blanked the severe mental trauma of it totally out.

4-0. Jesus Christ.

But he has taken a back seat so far this summer as the fans have asked?

The fans didn't ask for him to run off and hide like a Coward. The fans asked that he sod off completely. Something else he's failed to achieve.

Advert

I have absolutely no recollection of that game.

I watched open mouthed as the 4th goal rattled in and was just sat wondering if I've gone mental.

I've evidently just completely blanked the severe mental trauma of it totally out.

4-0. Jesus Christ.

The fans didn't ask for him to run off and hide like a Coward. The fans asked that he sod off completely. Something else he's failed to achieve.

A lot asked him to appoint a CEO to run the club which he has done.

About what? Must be proper sad being you like...

Whys that then? Because I don't think Barnett is a good signing?

I suggested earlier on in the thread that players like allesandra would make a good signing for us at this level. He played well and scored goals in a woeful team. You slammed this and called me negative then suggested exactly the same about Kay when we signed him. I'm all for you being positive about players but realise not everyone is.

For me so far Pope, montano and Kay are good signings and good starting 11 players, would have preferred Kay on a one year deal. other than that I don't know the players we've signed and will give them a chance, the only one I've seen player numerous times is Barnett and he's never impressed me. Dosent mean he won't in a vale shirt especially if we can bring him another decent winger.

To walker, I wouldn't be happy if we signed him, it's clear we're going to have a small squad and already have players like forrester who are injury prone. Walker was ok last year but picks up too many injuries. I'd much prefer us to bring someone in who can contribute throughout the whole season.

Whys that then? Because I don't think Barnett is a good signing?

I suggested earlier on in the thread that players like allesandra would make a good signing for us at this level. He played well and scored goals in a woeful team. You slammed this and called me negative then suggested exactly the same about Kay when we signed him. I'm all for you being positive about players but realise not everyone is.

For me so far Pope, montano and Kay are good signings and good starting 11 players, would have preferred Kay on a one year deal. other than that I don't know the players we've signed and will give them a chance, the only one I've seen player numerous times is Barnett and he's never impressed me. Dosent mean he won't in a vale shirt especially if we can bring him another decent winger.

To walker, I wouldn't be happy if we signed him, it's clear we're going to have a small squad and already have players like forrester who are injury prone. Walker was ok last year but picks up too many injuries. I'd much prefer us to bring someone in who can contribute throughout the whole season.

Sorry but you have banged on about us having a small budget, the signings not being good enough. I have no idea where you got Allesandra was a far better option than Montano.

I don't think its clear we will have a small squad at all. We are what, 2 or 3 weeks into pre season? Most contracts ended 6 days ago.

Barnett is a top end league 2 striker. I don't see clubs in our league with much better and the ones that have, Watkins at Exeter and Godden at Stevenage probably wont be there come August.

This is the team we put out when we got promoted against Northampton..

Port Vale

4-4-2 1 Chris Neal

2 Adam Yates

6 Darren Purse 77'

25 Liam Chilvers 38'

36 Daniel Jones

9 Jennison Myrie-Williams

4 Anthony Griffith 73'

7 Doug Loft

8 Louis Dodds 73'

11 Tom Pope

29 Lee Hughes 45+1'

Subs

12 Sam Johnson

5 John McCombe

15 Chris Shuker 77'

18 Sam Morsy 73'

22 Ryan Lloyd

24 Richard Duffy

26 Chris Birchall

I really don't think we are that far off being very similar with 4 weeks until kick off.

Sorry but you have banged on about us having a small budget, the signings not being good enough. I have no idea where you got Allesandra was a far better option than Montano.

I don't think its clear we will have a small squad at all. We are what, 2 or 3 weeks into pre season? Most contracts ended 6 days ago.

Barnett is a top end league 2 striker. I don't see clubs in our league with much better and the ones that have, Watkins at Exeter and Godden at Stevenage probably wont be there come August.

This is the team we put out when we got promoted against Northampton..

Port Vale

4-4-2 1 Chris Neal

2 Adam Yates

6 Darren Purse 77'

25 Liam Chilvers 38'

36 Daniel Jones

9 Jennison Myrie-Williams

4 Anthony Griffith 73'

7 Doug Loft

8 Louis Dodds 73'

11 Tom Pope

29 Lee Hughes 45+1'

Subs

12 Sam Johnson

5 John McCombe

15 Chris Shuker 77'

18 Sam Morsy 73'

22 Ryan Lloyd

24 Richard Duffy

26 Chris Birchall

I really don't think we are that far off being very similar with 4 weeks until kick off.

I never said he would be a better option I thought he would've made a good signing for a league 2 side.

I still feel we need a few more first team players to compete. That side had a quality manager and two forwards bang in form scoring for fun.

At the moment I'd say we're looking at:

Lainton

New rb

Smith

Kay

New lb

New rw (maybe green)

Pugh

De Freitas

Montano

Pope

Barnett

I still think we need 4/5 first team players to compete at the top of the league.

Innuendo ? Smurthwaite openly bragged on social media and to whoever would listen that he had mugged off a manager and players knowing full well they wouldn't accept the deals on offer.

An agent worth his salt having the option of two or three similar offers is going to steer his player away from the Vale.

There again the sun shines out of Smurthwaites ar** where you are concerned so I don't for a minute think you would understand.

The sun shines out of my arse, no one else's

Any agent worth their salt gets their player the best pay day possible, the rest is just window dressing. That's from the top to the bottom down, whether it be Costa and Sanchez or people like Rodwell and Sean Wright-Phillips or players at our level and below.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Lets get a team together first before we start to rubbish players,couldn't give a toss what they did before they came to the vale couldn't care less about age as long as they do their best,a squad of average players would have kept us up last season so any signing to me is an improvement on those who left,if bikey and eagles would sign then I'd say we have the makings of a competitive side. just my opinion of course.

Strike force looking OK now, think of the terrible L2 strikers we have had in the past and also what we had last year. Looks like it may be a long ball or bang the ball in the box season though.

Yes OK but it would finish it off if we signed someone with pace like Kyle Walker. One thing's for sure, if we'd had this strike force last season then we'd still be in League One.

Archived