onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Am I correct in believing that Forrester is still injured from last season.Wasnt he one of Normans signings so why hasn't he been paid up like the rest.Why are we paying sick notes who are unavailable more than they are playing.His wages could be used to sign a decent forward who is available every week.

Advert

Lainton never seen him so reserve judgement on him .

Montano same as Lainton

Kelly never seen him play .

Davis he wasnt good enough last time what makes u think he will be good enough now ,i hope im wrong and he is top notch.

Pope a good servant to Vale but its a big ask ( hey tom u 40 goals in u ).

Its asking to much it isnt going happen .

The young lads

Reeves i like him .

Turner i just dont think he as got it but hope he reads what im putting and silences me with 20 goals plus .

The rest i aint seen them play and dont really expect c any of them in the matchday squad yet .

Lainton never seen him so reserve judgement on him .

Montano same as Lainton

Kelly never seen him play .

Davis he wasnt good enough last time what makes u think he will be good enough now ,i hope im wrong and he is top notch.

Pope a good servant to Vale but its a big ask ( hey tom u 40 goals in u ).

Its asking to much it isnt going happen .

The young lads

Reeves i like him .

Turner i just dont think he as got it but hope he reads what im putting and silences me with 20 goals plus .

The rest i aint seen them play and dont really expect c any of them in the matchday squad yet .

Same for me with the rest, haven't seen them play (unless they've lined up against us, but I never paid that much attention to them)...

What I will say about Davis is though, it that people are far too quick to say he wasn't/isn't good enough. He came through to the first team squad at 17 years old & left at 20. I'd say now is going to be a better time to judge him.

Has anyone else noticed a trend with Brown's signings this summer in that they've all been promoted at some point in their career:

Pope - Promoted with Vale to L1

Davis - Promoted with Vale to L1

Montano - Promoted with Bristol Rovers to L1

Kay - Promoted to the Championship with Barnsley, Huddersfield, MK Dons

Lainton - Promoted with Bury to L1

Hornby - Promoted with Burton (although didn't play any games)

Kelly - Promoted to Championship with Sheff Utd (although didn't play any games)

Green - Promoted with Dagenham, Charlton, MK Dons

Barnett - Promoted to L1 with Shrewsbury

Seems like he's trying to build a squad of players that know what to do to win and have had the pressure/experience of a promotion campaign?

Has anyone else noticed a trend with Brown's signings this summer in that they've all been promoted at some point in their career:

Pope - Promoted with Vale to L1

Davis - Promoted with Vale to L1

Montano - Promoted with Bristol Rovers to L1

Kay - Promoted to the Championship with Barnsley, Huddersfield, MK Dons

Lainton - Promoted with Bury to L1

Hornby - Promoted with Burton (although didn't play any games)

Kelly - Promoted to Championship with Sheff Utd (although didn't play any games)

Green - Promoted with Dagenham, Charlton, MK Dons

Barnett - Promoted to L1 with Shrewsbury

Seems like he's trying to build a squad of players that know what to do to win and have had the pressure/experience of a promotion campaign?

I did notice this. Despite the fact signings have not been exactly overwhelming on the whole so far, it is a nice idea.

I did notice this. Despite the fact signings have not been exactly overwhelming on the whole so far, it is a nice idea.

You can only overwhelm if the budget is large to action your real requirements.

I really wouldn't care if I had to sit through 1-0's and 0-0'S to achieve promotion, I just want to get out of that dreadful, dreadful division ASAP!

I posted last Friday and said "lets not worry, more signings will happen. If we haven't signed anybody by next Friday then we should be worried". I think I am a little worried now. I know we have a few on trial and MB will want to play them on Saturday but we are going to be well into pre season by the looks of things with a bare thread squad. Not looking great. Sure MB knows what he is doing (I hope!)

You can only overwhelm if the budget is large to action your real requirements.

Yeah wasn't criticising, just saying that even though they're not the best signings in most people's eyes, looks as though Brown has maybe planned out who he wants, & it can't be a coincidence that they all have the same feature on their CV.

It could be argued that whilst many are saying we've missed out on a lot of decent players, Brown may not be missing out on as many of his actual targets as people think, if he is aiming for a squad based around this idea.

Archived