onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

Advert

While it's not a big signing that we were hoping for, let's give him a chance. There will be plenty of other signings in the next 2 weeks. I was looking at our existing squad earlier and we need at least another 10 players to even compete.

how many games after Christmas did he play last season? No idea why we would be bringing the kid back. He wasn't good enough for Leicester and he wasn't good enough for Fleetwood. Like I said, it looks like a very cheap and easy signing. No imagination needed at all to bring him back.

How many players in L1/2 would be good enough for Leicester?

Fleetwood just missed out on promotion to the Championship and have a chairman and team with eyes set firmly on Championship status. So not really surprised that Joe was sidelined.

He may prove to be an asset to the squad. If not first choice for the team 2017/2018, then maybe for the future as he developes and improves with experience.

Remember him as a young lad at the Vale when I thought he was lightweight for the centre back position. However, hopefully he has added strength to his game. Agree that Bikey would give you the commanding centre half but don't see Davis as a bad signing. Seemed to remember before he filled in at fullback which could be a bonus.

how many games after Christmas did he play last season? No idea why we would be bringing the kid back. He wasn't good enough for Leicester and he wasn't good enough for Fleetwood. Like I said, it looks like a very cheap and easy signing. No imagination needed at all to bring him back.

Nathan Smith on loan at Torquay , no lge experience. You probably wouldnt have given him a chance would you.

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Some quotes on Lainton from the Bury forum:

Another great performance today, the defence look more confident now they have a reliable keeper behind them. He is also barking orders so his confidence is their fall all to see, long may it continue..

Welcome back.

Miles better 'keeper than Williams.

Fleetwood's finishing was poor but Lainton looked confident and pulled off a very good save towards the end.

Never had a problem with Lainton's overall keeping-just that his kicking was schoolboy standard when he first arrived. As he eradicated that flaw last season I hope he will now become first choice. Will also save us money or loans that we badly need elsewhere in the team.

Feels promising!

I agree but a friend has just pointed out that he has only ever played 16 games in one season suggesting he starts and then gets dropped.

He played 7 league games last season and conceded 12 goals then went on loan to Cheltenham, played one game and conceded 3.

Was about to post the exact same.

Apparently he's good but never managed more than 17 games in a season.

Injuries is perhaps the worry but at least he's got around 2 seasons worth of experience in appearances of League football which is something. Welcome to VP Rob!

I think Bury's defence was pretty crappy last season they went in freefall after a positive start and Cheltenham were at the wrong end of League Two staying up by only a place or 2 so can't exactly have had Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer at the back either. But we shall see!

Nathan Smith on loan at Torquay , no lge experience. You probably wouldnt have given him a chance would you.

Fans are so quick on here and FB to pronounce that a player is crap. They just arent given a chance and it seems especially the younger home grown lads too. Fans make a snap judgement based on hardly any game time.

On paper dosent sound great but that's been proven wrong many times before. He's been recommended by pope who's been with him at bury so may be decent. Not and exciting signing but this time next season we could all be raving about him. Good luck hopefully you thrive at the vale.

No one cared about Dodds going............. until it dawned on people the dross we'd signed to replace him last summer.

I still don;t care about Dodds going- his lack of goals would have done precisely nothing

Archived