onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Famous people that you have met

JOHNNYAITCH

Some of these list lead me to think of the degrees of separation malarky. I am two degrees of separation from JFK because I've met Tony Curtis who kissed Marilyn Monroe and she more than kissed JFK!

Just to please FBS, I am four degrees of separation from Vladimir Putin. I taught the new Stoke South MP Jack Brereton, who's met Theresa May, who's met Angela Merkel, who's met Putin!

Advert

Some of these list lead me to think of the degrees of separation malarky. I am two degrees of separation from JFK because I've met Tony Curtis who kissed Marilyn Monroe and she more than kissed JFK!

Just to please FBS, I am four degrees of separation from Vladimir Putin. I taught the new Stoke South MP Jack Brereton, who's met Theresa May, who's met Angela Merkel, who's met Putin!

:laugh:

When Al Fayed bought Fulham and was desperately seeking a British passport, he used to fly famous people into the country to attend Fulham home games purely as a PR exercise. They of course had no interest in the game whatsoever. When we played there circa 2000 I was sitting only about 10yds away from one such celebrity.That week it was Bernard Schwartz. Better known as Hollywood superstar Tony Curtis ! Does this count ?

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Did you hold Trump's hand by ?? degrees.?

I had lunch with John Lennon's sister, Julia Baird , and her partner.

Used to know Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry quite well. I used to source him other peoples recordings of In The Summertime. Saw him play a charity gig at the Rigger and a lot of bikers were giving him grief , within 5 minutes they were eating out of his hand.

Kevin Keegan

Jackie Mudie

Princess Anne - twice

Duchess of Gloucester

Stephen Hawking

Roger Black

Jack Straw

Nick Clegg

Ian Wright

Alaistair Cook

Jimmy Connors

Kirsty Wark

Rab C Nesbitt

I have to say that every single one was nice. They were all polite and friendly and not at all up themselves. The most powerful meeting for me was Ian Wright. He was in a situation that was quite emotional for him. He was such a gentleman, and we had a little chat about his partnership with Mark Bright at Palace, I made a point of letting Ian know that I was a Port Vale fan. He told me that Brighty always had nice things to say about the Vale and had happy memories from his time with us.

My dad played upfront for leek town with Mark bright before I was born about 1980 I think it was.

further to my post no.75, I have the distinction of having been told to shift by the security guards of King Hussein of Jordan, as he was walking faster than me along the path...:yes:

and to a lesser degree I think but i'm not sure, but I met Santa in the old Lewis's in Hanley in the early 50's...:ohmy:

further to my post no.75, I have the distinction of having been told to shift by the security guards of King Hussein of Jordan, as he was walking faster than me along the path...:yes:

and to a lesser degree I think but i'm not sure, but I met Santa in the old Lewis's in Hanley in the early 50's...:ohmy:

You can't have done. I saw Santa the same day in Llandudno !

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

I had lunch with John Lennon's sister, Julia Baird , and her partner.

Used to know Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry quite well. I used to source him other peoples recordings of In The Summertime. Saw him play a charity gig at the Rigger and a lot of bikers were giving him grief , within 5 minutes they were eating out of his hand.

If we are doing famous siblings then I went to an after party with Paul Gallagher (bro of Liam and Noel) in Hamburg after watching Noel play. Mad night that was!

Mark Selby (on Fri night at the Arch in Newcastle)

Jimmy White

Tony Drago

Paul Scholes

Posh & Becks

Rio Ferdinand

Jamie Carragher

Sir Bradley Wiggins

Johnny Evans

Craig Pawson (premier league ref)

Becky Adlington

Kym Marsh

Brooke Vincent

Slash

Joe Calzaghe

Phil Taylor

Ruud Gullit

Ricky Hatton

And I've been a foot away from Pope Benedict XVI!

Archived