onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Famous people that you have met

JOHNNYAITCH

Stop now. That's the winner!

Mate of mine who I used to work with was a sessions guitarist part time and knew Planty very well and drank in the pub he frequented, the Stewpony near Stourbridge. Plant came to my mates birthday bash one occasion and him, my mate and a couple of other musicians put on an impromptu gig for us. Magic occasion and Planty was a hoot. Yes that was a magical night, jealous,eh Sage?

Advert

Mate of mine who I used to work with was a sessions guitarist part time and knew Planty very well and drank in the pub he frequented, the Stewpony near Stourbridge. Plant came to my mates birthday bash one occasion and him, my mate and a couple of other musicians put on an impromptu gig for us. Magic occasion and Planty was a hoot. Yes that was a magical night, jealous,eh Sage?

Stood near him at Cropredy festival (and at The Wheatheaf and The Robin Bilston) ditto Geoff Hughes (Eddie Yates / Onslow), Matt Allwright and Ralph McTell.

I have known Wayne for 30 odd years, our comany is in the middle of a project putting a/c in his shop at trubshawe. Really good guy is Wayne as is Ian his side kick. I have played darts against Phil Taylor who is also a top bloke.

I have played football against Robbie Earle who ripped my big toe nail off. Still suffer with it to this day but it was worth it to play against my hero.

Yeah, I know Ian too and Rachel. Good blokes. I was at Waynes wedding and visited his house many times when it being designed and rebuilt.

Saw LZ at Trentham Gardens a very long time ago - and then at Knebworth at the tail end of their careers.

Yes - very jealous!!

Can't trump that but I did (for about 2 seconds) meet the Queen Mother when I picked up one of my qualifications at the Royal Albert Hall in 1980. My mum was VERY envious.

Alex Higgins ,Perry Mans

Willie Thorne

Lou Macari

John Marsh

Mike Pejic

Terry Conroy(lovely bloke)

Sammy Morgan (Irish Bar in Majorca)

Frank O'Farrell

Alan Bloor

Steino (t*****)

John Farmer

Adrian Lewis

Sumo

Richard Dunwoody

Pat Eddery

Peter O'Sullivan

John McCririck

Mercy Rimell

In the 70's, I was in a Nth London pub where Monty Python's Graham Chapman was drinking. Tony Audenshaw (Emmerdale's Bob "no jokes please" Hope) once jogged passed me in Deganwy, Nth Wales. Unfortunately, he wasn't with Viv !. Once stood in a queue at a filling station in Conwy behind Welsh wildlife TV presenter Iolo Williams. And finally last summer listened to that bloke who played Corrie's Les Battersby holding court in an Abergele pub while drinking copious amounts of Guinness ! In all cases, I don't know if "famous" is appropriate or indeed if the circumstances could be classed as "met" !

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

In the 70's, I was in a Nth London pub where Monty Python's Graham Chapman was drinking. Tony Audenshaw (Emmerdale's Bob "no jokes please" Hope) once jogged passed me in Deganwy, Nth Wales. Unfortunately, he wasn't with Viv !. Once stood in a queue at a filling station in Conwy behind Welsh wildlife TV presenter Iolo Williams. And finally last summer listened to that bloke who played Corrie's Les Battersby holding court in an Abergele pub while drinking copious amounts of Guinness ! In all cases, I don't know if "famous" is appropriate or indeed if the circumstances could be classed as "met" !

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

les has a caravan in Conway

Eric Cantona

Keith Curle.....I taught their kids.

One for the oldies.....Neil Franklin. Met him on holiday in the 70's I hadn't got a clue who he was but my Old Fella did. we stayed friends and visited him in his pub in Oswaldtwhistle later.

Bob Taylor

Chris Boardman

Stan Cullimore of the Housemartins

The Queen - twice (once at Buck Palace and no, I wasn't knighted)

Prince Philip

Princess Margaret

Then, by virtue of my job, I met the following politicians, most of them when they were ministers:

John Major

Baronness Blatch

Malcolm Moss MP

James Paice MP

Brian Mawhinney MP

Ian Gow MP (an absolute gentleman of the old school, sadly murdered by the IRA)

David Bellotti (before he became a LibDem MP and CEO of Brighton and Hove Albion)

David Blunkett MP

Apart from Ian Gow, I am still scarred by these experiences.

Sir Bob Kerslake, former CEO of Sheffield Council and then head of the civil service, a very nice man, respected and liked by all his staff

Sir Jimmy Savile (nuf said, yonks ago on a charity walk)

Gary Lineker, signed my England vUSA programme

Rudgie

Roy Sproson

Peter Ward (Brighton, Forest and England)

Brian Horton (while at Brighton)

Gerry Marsden (and the Pacemakers)

Archived