onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Famous people that you have met

JOHNNYAITCH

I was going to request non-Vale only but it would be a shame to miss out on interesting tales of meeting Vale related people (players, staff etc)

David Soul..we had a "brief chat" in a pub in Carnaby Street

Bumped (literally) into Lemmy in the Intrepid Fox pub in London

Keith Baron (actor)

John Major at a couple of cricket functions

Err..that's it

I'm hopeful others have met far more celebs and that they were far more interesting than my list.

Advert

Eamonn Holmes.

Chris Tarant.

Brian Conley.

John Terry.

Ashley Cole.

Wayne Bridge.

Phil Thompson.

Chris Coleman.

Alan Hudson.

Robbie Earle.

Martine McCutcheon.

Vladimir Smicer.

Glenn Hoddle.

Richard Marx.

Not famous but I once sat next to the father of Jimmy Glass at a dinner party.

Bob Taylor? Cricketer of footballer.or neither?

Bob played in the famous Ashes series of 1981 and is the holder of at least one world record. Has many interesting stories some of which are unrepeatable.

Despite his loyalties Nick Hancock seemed a decent type, helped with a charity auction, half music half football related, to try to save the Wheatsheaf music venue. He bought some stuff and gave it away. I don't think he bid for Jarvis Cockers undercrackers though.

Mintoff was the daughter of the Maltese PM at the time and was famous for throwing cow dung in the House of Commons.

Ian Brown , I was charged with looking after his drinks and keeping young girls off him.

Karen Brady I met several times, the first time her young baby had just vomited down her blouse.

Sean Connery- Isle of Man ,with Dianne Cilento.

Dennis Law

Alan Hudson

Tommy Caton (RIP)

Phil Thompson

Bruce Grobbelar

Geoff Hurst

Gordon Banks

Steve Coppell

Mark Hughes

Glen Hoddle

Ruud Gullit.

Terry Miles

Noel Kinsey

Jim Baxter

Bobby Shearer

Steve Howe(Yes)

David Attenborough (he had his photo taken with me)!

Ed Balls (as above)

Alexander Armstrong (also as above)

Sue Perkins

Tony Curtis

Kevin Keegan

Peter Beardsley

St John of Rudge (another one who insisted he had a selfie with me!!)

Sir Stanley Matthews

Colin Askey (we found his wife's phone!)

Tony Benn (met him outside Saltergate on the day of the Hillsborough dsaster and he walked to the match with us!)

Might be a few more when I get my brain in gear.

I used to have some lovely get togethers with Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris, Fred the Weatherman and Stuart Hall but not seen any of them for a while.

I used to share a house with Fred West and his lovely wife Rose when I lived in Gloucester but, again, not seen them for a while.

and people have implied you have no friends

Archived