Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on! Everton have made some decent signings but they'll be nowhere near challenging next season. Sandros is completely unproven at the highest level and Pickford is a promising young keeper but no more than that. They've also just lost arguably their best player. Davy Klaasen potentially looks there best signing at the moment, but we've seen plenty of players tear up the Dutch league and then come over here and struggle to get anywhere near that. Liverpool had one of there own not so long ago in Ryan Babel.

Sorry, would help if I spelt his name correctly - Sandro Ramirez. At age 22 he has played 32 times for Barcelona and 31 times for Malaga including La Liga and Copa del Rey. Counting all games in Spain including Secunda division he has 38 goals in 105 games, pretty good. There is a difference in playing conditions and rule interpretation between La Liga and the Premier Division which sometimes means players don't adapt and fit in. But one of the reasons I push forward Everton's case is because they may prioritize the Premier League and not have the distraction of the Champions League. I guess they could succumb to trying to win the Europa League, but if they can use the squad to progress in that their first team is starting to look pretty powerful.

Re Pickford, I think he is going to be England's second best keeper behind Butland at Stoke. The main issue he must improve is kicking, watching the U21 Championship.

To get the best out of Lukaku you've really got to play to his strengths, virtually build the playing strategy and team around him. will be interesting to see how his move to Man U pans out. Some testing times ahead for Maureen, my prediction is he'll be replaced by Ronald Koeman before the season ends.

There is a project at Everton. They have sorted the ownership issue and will be moving to a new 60,000 capacity stadium in the next few years. So he is a guy that has moved round clubs as manager, but there is a reason to stay at Everton who are not a drifting club but trying to move up. I feel Man Utd are in a difficult position. They simply can't attract the best players to be a really top team in Europe. They look like a Champions League quarter final team. The special one would need the whole squad and particularly the young players to improve if they are to be successful in a very competitive world. For me, given Koeman played over 190 games for Barcelona and was assistant coach there after retiring from playing, if he was to try to go to a 'bigger club' his preference would most likely be Barcelona who are a bigger and more successful club than Man Utd.

Why sign a 4 year contract and request to leave 12 months later. He is a dick anyway, I'd say get riddance, get as much money as possible and spend wisely.

Not worth the paper they're written on as far as the player and his agent are concerned.

Rejected £15m, stating 'not for sale', which I think in this case is code for 'more money please', as I very much doubt he's going to stay considering he handed a transfer request in (which will probably prevent them getting the largest fee they could usually too).

I actually think that Arnautovic is a decent player. Is he a top player ? No. Is he consistent ? No. But that's why he currently plays for that lot down the road and, even in today's inflated market, is "only" talked of in the kind of fee mentioned above. Also, in the East End maybe he could find a better barber ?

It's the knock on effect of him leaving that City supporters should be most concerned about. You can bet that Shaqiri will want out to once his best pal at the club has left.

I think Hughes will be gone at some point this coming season.

Hughes will certainly come under pressure, especially if they have their now traditional bad start to the season. Maybe in 12 months time we'll only be 1 league apart ?

To be honest it's nice to seem some of the doom & gloom currently being shifted over to the other side of the city!

Who will be worse then SCFC this coming season?

Of those coming up I can genuinely see Newcastle doing better than them. Huddersfield and Brighton will struggle

Of those already in the PL who will be worse than SCFC? Watford? Burnley?Swansea?

Archived