onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Advert

Yes, you're right in those cases, but look what Sky used to cover which they don't now. Speedway Grand Prix, championship Rugby League, Aussie Rules Football, Vanarama League, to name but a few. Granted these sports may not be to everyone's taste, but the beauty of Sky was was that these were sports or competitions that weren't covered anywhere else before. Now they sacrifice the marginal sports to pay for the ridiculous amount of money pumped into the over hyped Premier League. Plus they now have competition from big hitters like BT and consequently Sky subscription is falling year by year. My own included. Sky have lost their way and abandoned the business model which made it such a huge success. The think that Premier Football is all that subscribers want. Viewing figures tell a different tale.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using onevalefan mobile app

Sky covered those sports to fill air time..not for any altruistic reasons. Now they'd rather fill their time with reruns of PL matches from their huge archive than Aussie Rules and they have the right to broadcast so many PL matches compared to the relatively small number they would broadcast when they started that they need not worry so much about filling air time. that and having won rights to broadcast more and more sports at the top (darts, rugby league, cricket)..they don't need these enjoyable but comparatively unpopular sports

Worldwide Sky subscriptions and PL viewing figures continue to grow..they are the subscribers SKY and the Pl are interested in these days

United set to sign Lukaku for an insane amount of money. He's good, obviously, but I always think he's a bit of a flat track bully. In my opinion Arsenal have got far better value for money in Lacazette.

Aren't ALL transfer fees insane nowadays ? Money no longer means anything. Just seen that 33 year old journeyman Jon Walters going to Burnley for £3M. That says it all.

Aren't ALL transfer fees insane nowadays ? Money no longer means anything. Just seen that 33 year old journeyman Jon Walters going to Burnley for £3M. That says it all.

Also Michael Keane £30m to Everton and Tammy Abraham on £50,000 a week after one good season at Bristol City?

Madness.

I wouldn't disagree at all. The ridiculous money players are going for and earning now is souring football.

United set to sign Lukaku for an insane amount of money. He's good, obviously, but I always think he's a bit of a flat track bully. In my opinion Arsenal have got far better value for money in Lacazette.

Tylerla,when MU coming knocking the price goes up.If they had gone for Lacazette he would have cost a lot more than the amount paid by Arsenal.I would have liked Morata to have signed ,he still might,but Lukaku,along with Harry Kane and Aguero,is the best in the Prem.

Tylerla,when MU coming knocking the price goes up.If they had gone for Lacazette he would have cost a lot more than the amount paid by Arsenal.I would have liked Morata to have signed ,he still might,but Lukaku,along with Harry Kane and Aguero,is the best in the Prem.

In my opinion Lukaku isn't the same level as Aguero and Kane. He may or may not get there one day, but for me he still has some to prove, and playing and scoring goals for United under such pressure is a completely different kettle of fish than it is for Everton.

He is on his day but unlike Aguero and Kane he isn't consistent. Mourinho might get the best from him but it does seem a very inflated price just like what they paid for Pogba.

On his day he's near enough unplayable, but I've yet to see him have one of those games against the best sides in the league. He might go up another level or two at United, as he'll have somewhat better players around him. Or he'll look like the biggest waste of 90 million you could possibly find.

Anyway, some really good forward combinations to look forward to in the Premier League next season - Sane, Jesus and Aguero. Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette, Salah, Mane and Firmino, Mkhitaryan, Rashford and Lukaku, Alli, Son and Kane...

Also Michael Keane £30m to Everton and Tammy Abraham on £50,000 a week after one good season at Bristol City?

Madness.

Abraham is a good player and particularly target man. Watched him in the Euro u21 championship. Chelsea have to compete in the moment and need a top striker. He needs games in the Premier League and isn't ready yet to be their lead striker. So they sent him to Swansea to get a season under his belt. But they have given him a good wage and lengthy contract because he has real potential.

Everton are shaping up for a challenge for the Premier League title. They have signed Sandros who was the main striker for Spain U21 and Pickford in goal. They have mixed up astute signings with big signings and they are about to get Rooney. Dark horses, clever manager, watching from the Wirral they are outfoxing Liverpool on signings so far. I may go to Tranmere on Wednesday to watch Liverpool play a pre season game - Tranmere are my second team after Port Vale, and I tip them to win the National League this coming season.

Archived