Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Bit early yes and I'm waiting to see who signs who before putting down a wager and you may well be right with Watford, I didn't know Silva had gone there, Palace or Swansea instead maybe.

Basing it on squads now in my opinion it's hard to look past Brighton Burnley and Huddersfield to go down, but there's plenty of time for them to strengthen. I would've said Watford given there constant swapping of managers but think they'll do reasonably well with him. Don't know why but I have a gut feeling Southampton will struggle next year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope so, they have gone down 5 or 6 years in a row and it would be a joyous day for all true sports fans if they went bankrupt.

Not really because we'd just be in the same situation but with BT. And to be fair Sky do give coverage and vital revenue to smaller sports that the likes of BT wouldn't touch with a bargepole and sports that our public broadcaster should be covering.

Everton make two decent but very expensive signings, however they haven't replaced lukaku yet but have virtually spent all the cash from his deal.

Has a deal been agreed anywhere for Lukaku yet? I like Everton, I think they have the potential to be challenging at the very top again sooner rather than later.

Not really because we'd just be in the same situation but with BT. And to be fair Sky do give coverage and vital revenue to smaller sports that the likes of BT wouldn't touch with a bargepole and sports that our public broadcaster should be covering.

Which sports are those? Sky aren't good for anything.

Advert:

Very happy with the signing of Salah off the back of a tremendous season in Seria A. He's mega quick and will give Liverpool another dimension, and will also off the pace that Liverpool badly lacked whenever Mane was out of the side and a huge miss. Sure, he didn't do it for Chelsea for one reason or another but was never given a run of starts. A front four of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Coutinho with the likes of Lallana and Wijnaldum pulling the strings behind them looks very tasty! A top left back and centre back now and they'll be good to go.

The ECB will be rubbing their hands shortly when Sky and BT fight out the next five year cricket TV deal worth £1billion.Sky won't want to lose that?

Advert:

Rugby League, NFL, Darts, Gaelic Football, Watersports to name just a few.

Yes, you're right in those cases, but look what Sky used to cover which they don't now. Speedway Grand Prix, championship Rugby League, Aussie Rules Football, Vanarama League, to name but a few. Granted these sports may not be to everyone's taste, but the beauty of Sky was was that these were sports or competitions that weren't covered anywhere else before. Now they sacrifice the marginal sports to pay for the ridiculous amount of money pumped into the over hyped Premier League. Plus they now have competition from big hitters like BT and consequently Sky subscription is falling year by year. My own included. Sky have lost their way and abandoned the business model which made it such a huge success. The think that Premier Football is all that subscribers want. Viewing figures tell a different tale.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using onevalefan mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, you're right in those cases, but look what Sky used to cover which they don't now. Speedway Grand Prix, championship Rugby League, Aussie Rules Football, Vanarama League, to name but a few. Granted these sports may not be to everyone's taste, but the beauty of Sky was was that these were sports or competitions that weren't covered anywhere else before. Now they sacrifice the marginal sports to pay for the ridiculous amount of money pumped into the over hyped Premier League. Plus they now have competition from big hitters like BT and consequently Sky subscription is falling year by year. My own included. Sky have lost their way and abandoned the business model which made it such a huge success. The think that Premier Football is all that subscribers want. Viewing figures tell a different tale.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using onevalefan mobile app

Sky covered those sports to fill air time..not for any altruistic reasons. Now they'd rather fill their time with reruns of PL matches from their huge archive than Aussie Rules and they have the right to broadcast so many PL matches compared to the relatively small number they would broadcast when they started that they need not worry so much about filling air time. that and having won rights to broadcast more and more sports at the top (darts, rugby league, cricket)..they don't need these enjoyable but comparatively unpopular sports

Worldwide Sky subscriptions and PL viewing figures continue to grow..they are the subscribers SKY and the Pl are interested in these days

Advert:

Archived