onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Pretty much every season some insist here how Everton are going to finish above Liverpool in the table, and it never happens. They've made some good signings for them, but apart from perhaps Pickford who is on the same sort of level as Mignolet (but might turn out better) I wouldn't have any of them in the Liverpool side.

I'll be concerned if Coutinho leaves but I can't see it happening unless Barcelona make a ridiculous bid. There's no way Coutinho will hand in a transfer request and force the move either as he has far too much respect for the club. At the moment Man City look the stand out team with the signings they've made. After that it's anybody's guess.

I think it's going to rest on whether Liverpool can keep coutinho and if Everton can sign sigurdsenn. At the minute I'd still have Everton at 7th/8th but they do have a very decent manager and some great players, if they can replace lukaku they will be in a very strong position. Liverpool are still missing quality in my opinion, for me the keeper area is still not brilliant. Mignolet did improve and was decent last season but I still feel there are many better keepers in the premiership, I actually thought Liverpool would've made a move for someone like Pickford or hart. For me it's between city and Chelsea, then 3-6th could be anything.

Advert

I think it's going to rest on whether Liverpool can keep coutinho and if Everton can sign sigurdsenn. At the minute I'd still have Everton at 7th/8th but they do have a very decent manager and some great players, if they can replace lukaku they will be in a very strong position. Liverpool are still missing quality in my opinion, for me the keeper area is still not brilliant. Mignolet did improve and was decent last season but I still feel there are many better keepers in the premiership, I actually thought Liverpool would've made a move for someone like Pickford or hart. For me it's between city and Chelsea, then 3-6th could be anything.

I wouldn't disagree with much about that post, other than that Sigurdsson would suddenly make Everton top 4 material. He's a very good player, but they've replaced Lukaku with an unproven young Spaniard and I can't see Klassen scoring anything like as many goals as he did in Holland, which is ultimately a similar standard to the Championship. They looked quite poor in their game yesterday, though ultimately it was the first competitive game of the season and you can't read too much, if anything, in it.

As for Liverpool, I'm fine with Mignolet so long as he doesn't let his standards drop form the second half of the season. There's little between him and Hart other than Joe does more shouting and posturing. If they could sign Van Dijk and Keita then they should be right up there. I still think Coutinho will say unless Barcelona make a ridiculous player plus cash offer should Neymard move to PSG. If they offered Rakitic and enough money to cover the the Keita transfer then as good as he is he would go with my blessing, as he's already been a very good servant and player for the club.

At this moment you have 3 teams battling for the title; Spurs, Chelsea and Man City.

You've then got 3 battling for 4th; Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal.

Everton are sat in some sort of no mans land in the middle, not challenging for the top 4 nor being in any risk of going down (and no Beechy I'm not taking your bet because I can't see Everton finishing above 7th). West Ham may join them.

The other 12 teams are teams that could struggle and go down.

Exactly how I see it. But if Man City don't win the league with the talent and squad that they have then Guardiola is nothing but a hype job. Spurs are still strong but it's shocked me that as of yet they haven't at least brought one top class player in. If Kane got injured and missed any chunk of the season they are screwed.

I see ex-Arsenal,Liverpool and Stoke player Jermaine Pennant has agreed to join Billericay Town on a two-year deal worth £3,000 a week.He joins Paul Konchesky and Jamie O'Hara who signed for the club last season.

Always thought he had loads of potential when he was at Liverpool years ago. Seems that his own mentality and attitude held him back. He's had an okay career, sure, but considering his early promise it can only be destined as somewhat of a failure in the same way as Jack Wilshere really.

I think Spurs will struggle more this season especially with the Wembley factor and the lack of signings.I'm going for:-

1. Man.City

2. Chelsea

3. Man.Utd

4. Spurs

18. Newcastle

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield

Difficult to argue against Huddersfield, but I think Newcastle & Brighton under Hughton will do OK. Watford look nailed on for the drop and I'll take Palace to join them. And I don't see past Chelsea again for the title.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

I think Spurs will struggle more this season especially with the Wembley factor and the lack of signings.I'm going for:-

1. Man.City

2. Chelsea

3. Man.Utd

4. Spurs

18. Newcastle

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield

That's how I see the top 4 with Spurs being the team who might drop out with either Liverpool or Arsenal nicking 4th spot.

I agree with Huddersfield but cannot see Newcastle going down and I think Brighton will do a Bournemouth and stay up. I think Burnley are looking like they are going down with their signings and if Swansea lose Siggurdson they will go down. Stoke for the bottom 6 as well unless they suddenly make some really good buys.

Difficult to argue against Huddersfield, but I think Newcastle & Brighton under Hughton will do OK. Watford look nailed on for the drop and I'll take Palace to join them. And I don't see past Chelsea again for the title.

Watford won't go down this season and I certainly can't see palace going either. Both have very good managers and have signed well in the summer. I can't look past Brighton and Huddersfield and can at the moment honestly see stoke really struggling to stay up.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems reasonable to me but Sky will never agree to that..they want the 'excitement' and hype generated by the figures...although they could still speculate about the undisclosed fee

Sky is set to retain the rights to the Football League in a blockbuster bidding battle with BT that has seen the price as much as double to £180m a season.

The Football League is understood to have entered into exclusive talks with Sky for the live rights, in a three to five-year deal worth between £500m and £900m.

Sky is set to retain the rights to the Football League in a blockbuster bidding battle with BT that has seen the price as much as double to £180m a season.

The Football League is understood to have entered into exclusive talks with Sky for the live rights, in a three to five-year deal worth between £500m and £900m.

So Leeds on every other week again then ?

As much as I love Coutinho, he's not as important as Mane. We did fine without Coutinho last season when he wasn't available and yet when Mane was out we struggled badly. I think if Klopp used half of the money from the transfer to sign Mahrez to replace him, and the other to finally bring in Van Dijk, who is now certain to leave, then Liverpool would definitely be a stronger side and that would be good business. Even more so when you consider Liverpool paid around 11 million for him if I remember correctly.

As much as I love Coutinho, he's not as important as Mane. We did fine without Coutinho last season when he wasn't available and yet when Mane was out we struggled badly. I think if Klopp used half of the money from the transfer to sign Mahrez to replace him, and the other to finally bring in Van Dijk, who is now certain to leave, then Liverpool would definitely be a stronger side and that would be good business. Even more so when you consider Liverpool paid around 11 million for him if I remember correctly.

Can't disagree with that but Liverpool saying no would make a statement about what kind of club they are these days..if they can hold onto him then it says Liverpool is not a 'selling club' even when Barcelona come calling with a huge sum of money.

Can't disagree with that but Liverpool saying no would make a statement about what kind of club they are these days..if they can hold onto him then it says Liverpool is not a 'selling club' even when Barcelona come calling with a huge sum of money.

Yeah, I'd rather him not go. I always thought of him as a loyal player and even though Barcelona is mighty tempting for him, for obvious reasons, it would be nice to see him have one more good season for Liverpool and perhaps even win some silverwear with the club before departing. But I don't think him leaving would be the be all, end all. Lallana could play his role just fine, though he's obviously injured for a couple of months.

Yeah, I'd rather him not go. I always thought of him as a loyal player and even though Barcelona is mighty tempting for him, for obvious reasons, it would be nice to see him have one more good season for Liverpool and perhaps even win some silverwear with the club before departing. But I don't think him leaving would be the be all, end all. Lallana could play his role just fine, though he's obviously injured for a couple of months.

You cannot lose your best player and hope to win trophies.Lallana can do Coutinho's job?:laugh:

Archived