onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Hernandez was ok but not consistent.Salah is not in the same class as Miky.

I'm willing to wager that Salah both scores and assists more than he does next season? :wink:

Mkhitaryan has obvious quality but at this moment in time I don't think anyone can say that he's been anything better than bang average for United, considering what he did for Dortmund.

Advert

Some really top players have come into this country that will improve our top league further this coming season. Yes, we all know the money is crazy in football now and it does detract from it a little bit of course. But as long as the football is entertaining and the league competitive ultimately most of others will be watching.

Nelson

Danilo

Lindelof

Rudiger

Mendy

Bakayoko

B. Silva

Salah

Morata

Hernandez

Lacazette

We have had 25 seasons of the "greed is good "league. There have been only 6 different winners, in which two of those (Blackburn & Leicester) have just one title each. The other 23 titles have been won by Man.City (2), Arsenal (3), Chelsea (5) and Utd. a whopping 13 ! So one team has won over 50% of the premier league titles ! That doesn't sound too competitive to me. Incidentally, Liverpool have won, err, none.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

We have had 25 seasons of the "greed is good "league. There have been only 6 different winners, in which two of those (Blackburn & Leicester) have just one title each. The other 23 titles have been won by Man.City (2), Arsenal (3), Chelsea (5) and Utd. a whopping 13 ! So one team has won over 50% of the premier league titles ! That doesn't sound too competitive to me. Incidentally, Liverpool have won, err, none.

It's now become a six-team race for the title and the biggest fear for the other fourteen is getting relegated.

That is the competition.:yes:

Think Liverpool will struggle to get top 6 this season, looks like the litte Brazilian chap could be off and then they are goosed , Manchester 1,2 finish not sure what order, Chelsea,spuds, arse, Everton, all others take your pick

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Surely it's a concern? At the moment I'd put Man City, united, Chelsea, spurs and arsenal 100% above Liverpool. I can see Liverpool battling around 4th place but potentially 6th is a possiblity with the signings Everton have made.

Pretty much every season some insist here how Everton are going to finish above Liverpool in the table, and it never happens. They've made some good signings for them, but apart from perhaps Pickford who is on the same sort of level as Mignolet (but might turn out better) I wouldn't have any of them in the Liverpool side.

I'll be concerned if Coutinho leaves but I can't see it happening unless Barcelona make a ridiculous bid. There's no way Coutinho will hand in a transfer request and force the move either as he has far too much respect for the club. At the moment Man City look the stand out team with the signings they've made. After that it's anybody's guess.

Pretty much every season some insist here how Everton are going to finish above Liverpool in the table, and it never happens. They've made some good signings for them, but apart from perhaps Pickford who is on the same sort of level as Mignolet (but might turn out better) I wouldn't have any of them in the Liverpool side.

I'll be concerned if Coutinho leaves but I can't see it happening unless Barcelona make a ridiculous bid. There's no way Coutinho will hand in a transfer request and force the move either as he has far too much respect for the club. At the moment Man City look the stand out team with the signings they've made. After that it's anybody's guess.

Everton (4th) finished higher than Liverpool (5th) 2005, causing all that furore about who should play in the next year's competition.

Everton (4th) finished higher than Liverpool (5th) 2005, causing all that furore about who should play in the next year's competition.

So 12 years ago! I wasn't even a member on this forum then.

I'll bet £100 to anyone here that Liverpool finish above Everton this season. But I'm not saying this half-heartedly. Only take me on if you're actually willing to pay up. Or even for £50, and the loser gives to a charity of some sorts.

I'd say West Ham have signed better than Everton too myself.

So 12 years ago! I wasn't even a member on this forum then.

I'll bet £100 to anyone here that Liverpool finish above Everton this season. But I'm not saying this half-heartedly. Only take me on if you're actually willing to pay up. Or even for £50, and the loser gives to a charity of some sorts.

I'd say West Ham have signed better than Everton too myself.

Perhaps Liverpool will finish above Everton, perhaps they won't. But just finishing above your city rivals should not be the be all and end all, especially when you're Liverpool. Not winning the league title for nearly 20 years should not be acceptable to a team of Liverpool ' stature. Forget about the blue half and concentrate on trying to finish top of the pile. Not just above Everton.

Perhaps Liverpool will finish above Everton, perhaps they won't. But just finishing above your city rivals should not be the be all and end all, especially when you're Liverpool. Not winning the league title for nearly 20 years should not be acceptable to a team of Liverpool ' stature. Forget about the blue half and concentrate on trying to finish top of the pile. Not just above Everton.

Eh? I only mentioned Everton because you mentioned they would (or could) finish above Liverpool. :laugh:

That's not just going to happen. Of course, you have a right to call me biased and I'll accept that. But how many Everton players would genuinely get into Liverpool's best 11? Pickford (not for me, not yet) and Keane perhaps, you could make a case for Coleman over Clyne. After that I'm really struggling. Baines is no better or worse than Milner at left-back these days.

Eh? I only mentioned Everton because you mentioned they would (or could) finish above Liverpool.

That's not just going to happen. Of course, you have a right to call me biased and I'll accept that. But how many Everton players would genuinely get into Liverpool's best 11? Pickford (not for me, not yet) and Keane perhaps, you could make a case for Coleman over Clyne. After that I'm really struggling. Baines is no better or worse than Milner at left-back these days.

You said Everton never finish above Liverpool and I merely observed that they did in 2005. As Rafa would say "fact". I have little, if any, interest in the over hyped Premier League, but the chances of the title finishing up on Merseyside with either blue or red ribbons on it is limited.

At this moment you have 3 teams battling for the title; Spurs, Chelsea and Man City.

You've then got 3 battling for 4th; Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal.

Everton are sat in some sort of no mans land in the middle, not challenging for the top 4 nor being in any risk of going down (and no Beechy I'm not taking your bet because I can't see Everton finishing above 7th). West Ham may join them.

The other 12 teams are teams that could struggle and go down.

It's more like 27 years since Liverpool won the title,season 1989/90 actually.

Archived