onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 2017/18 Season

Fosse69

Advert

Why sign a 4 year contract and request to leave 12 months later. He is a dick anyway, I'd say get riddance, get as much money as possible and spend wisely.

Not worth the paper they're written on as far as the player and his agent are concerned.

Rejected £15m, stating 'not for sale', which I think in this case is code for 'more money please', as I very much doubt he's going to stay considering he handed a transfer request in (which will probably prevent them getting the largest fee they could usually too).

I actually think that Arnautovic is a decent player. Is he a top player ? No. Is he consistent ? No. But that's why he currently plays for that lot down the road and, even in today's inflated market, is "only" talked of in the kind of fee mentioned above. Also, in the East End maybe he could find a better barber ?

It's the knock on effect of him leaving that City supporters should be most concerned about. You can bet that Shaqiri will want out to once his best pal at the club has left.

I think Hughes will be gone at some point this coming season.

Hughes will certainly come under pressure, especially if they have their now traditional bad start to the season. Maybe in 12 months time we'll only be 1 league apart ?

To be honest it's nice to seem some of the doom & gloom currently being shifted over to the other side of the city!

So it continues.

PL clubs revenues rise 9% to a record £3.6bn in the 2015/16 season.

Wages rise 12% to £2.3bn

A record £1.3bn spent on transfers.

Revenues expected to rise to more than £4.5bn for season 2017/18.

Revenues in the Championship increased to a record £556m in 2015/16 and have risen by 74% in the past decade.

Championship clubs stand to see their revenues rise by at least £170m from promotion to the PL,rising to £290m if they survive for one season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40555593

Who will be worse then SCFC this coming season?

Of those coming up I can genuinely see Newcastle doing better than them. Huddersfield and Brighton will struggle

Of those already in the PL who will be worse than SCFC? Watford? Burnley?Swansea?

There will be the obvious candidates, but who would have predicted Burnley surviving, or indeed Watford & Bournemouth the previous season ? I think that anyone from 8th or so downwards from the 2017 table could go down this season as, let's be honest, the standard is not the highest.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

So it continues.

PL clubs revenues rise 9% to a record £3.6bn in the 2015/16 season.

Wages rise 12% to £2.3bn

A record £1.3bn spent on transfers.

Revenues expected to rise to more than £4.5bn for season 2017/18.

Revenues in the Championship increased to a record £556m in 2015/16 and have risen by 74% in the past decade.

Championship clubs stand to see their revenues rise by at least £170m from promotion to the PL,rising to £290m if they survive for one season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40555593

Look, we all love football, but doesn't all this add fuel to the argument for people who don't ? When Trevor Francis got transferred for £1M in the late 70's it was a BIG thing. Jimmy Hill fought the abolishment of the maximum wage in the early 60's and Johnny Haynes became the first £100 a week player. That was big news. Nowadays, you read figures of £300,000 a WEEK and no one bats an eyelid. Are they better players than Johnny Haynes ? You decide.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived