onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

It's because they aren't great and have a lot to prove and Brown appears a little desperate.

What on earth happened to the player we signed at the end of last week??

Why not ask Martino ?

Or perhaps they read some posts on here and saw what appreciative support goes to the manager and players.

Advert

It's because they aren't great and have a lot to prove and Brown appears a little desperate.

I keep reading that article and i think we have all jumped the gun and when they say we have signed one i think they were on about Pope

Guess Smurthwaite pulled the plug like he did during the last transfer window

Sent from my F5321 using the onevalefan mobile app

Back on topic...

If one of the players we have tabled an offer for is Courtney Richards (as has been previously suggested on here) the Torquay fans dont seem to be too cut up that hes leaving.

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9430

Sent from my LG-D855 using the onevalefan mobile app

He sounds like the new Griff! Technically not great but a committed 100% player!

I keep reading that article and i think we have all jumped the gun and when they say we have signed one i think they were on about Pope

Exactly. I said the same the day after.

The Sentinel article was headlined 'Vale make offers for two players'. There was then an ambiguous comment from Garlick regarding the spine of the team and "one that we've signed (obviously meaning Pope) and one that we're looking at".

Someone on here then got the wrong end of the stick and put up a front page story claiming 'Vale make one signing, close to another'.

Can't blame The Sentinel for this one, as some were trying to do a few days ago.

The budget can't be that brilliant or has been used to pay off Bruno's boys.We need 15 to 16 players and it seems that Brown is waiting for bargain buys from Woolworths.Quality not quantity with a small tight squad is required but Brown doesn't seem capable of attracting decent players to the club.

Bruno came in on 20th June last year and struggled to attract decent players seems like Brown is going the same route.

I have to admit, I've been patient over the last few weeks but after seeing so many other clubs in our league signing good solid league players, I am a little bit worried now.

Most squads in our league will just need a bit of tinkering, maybe signing 3-4 players, but we need a complete and utter overhaul and will be looking at 16+ players. The fact we have only made one signing so far concerns me.

Footballers will talk and news of the way Norman treats his players and staff will have spread fast. I still feel that the way he forced out Page and his squad will have an extremely damaging effect on this club.

The Vale Official Web site should be the definitive site, anything else should reference the source verbatim otherwise read with caution, Rumours are rumours, situations in deals change for many reasons, creating more rumours. The Sentinel like lots of similar web sites, are continually updating articles, whether they have the time or inclination to proof read the entire article can lead to confusion.

Big news Adam Yates commits to another 12 month contract.

This is the big signing everyone has been waiting for (or not).

Come on Brown get a grip we need 15 to 16 players so get off your ar*e and get some players in before all the good ones have gone.

Will you and many others get a grip! The year we got promoted we announced our first signing on 1 July! So go on holiday or just do anything and enjoy the summer and then we will see what August brings!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Ill judge this window at the end of it. It is worrying that we haven't made the progress we want to by now but we as fans need to show patience. A sucessful window for me is top 7 by Christmas. Anything less is a failure IMO.

Archived