onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

Advert

With the help of google, he scored in a 1-0 win v Oldham.

Our defence was

Neal

Grimmer

Robertson

Davis

Dicko

It was the game where Florent Cuvelier made his ill-fated debut for us.

However i think you are right he can play anywhere, my memory of him was as a really energetic right back hence my initial post saying how many right backs do we need

With the help of google, he scored in a 1-0 win v Oldham.

Our defence was

Neal

Grimmer

Robertson

Davis

Dicko

It was the game where Florent Cuvelier made his ill-fated debut for us.

However i think you are right he can play anywhere, my memory of him was as a really energetic right back hence my initial post saying how many right backs do we need

Yes I remember that game when he got injured. Seems an odd decision if we sign him, especially if Purkiss and Yates both sign, unless Grimmer is seen as cover for a few positons too. I think we have other priority areas to get players in for.

I'm not sure I'd class Purkiss and/or Yates as first choice material in an ideal world moving forward, at 32 and 33 respectively and both having played their whole careers in the lower leagues they ain't gonna get any better. Brown appears to want to go with a lot of experience though which is fair enough in one sense.

I do agree though 4 options at RB does seem a bit extreme if all sign and are fit. Grimmer is a bit of a utility defender as well though which is useful. Gibbons is a bit of an unknown how he will do but you'd hope he could make some sort of impact at League Two level?

I'm not sure I'd class Purkiss and/or Yates as first choice material in an ideal world moving forward, at 32 and 33 respectively and both having played their whole careers in the lower leagues they ain't gonna get any better. Brown appears to want to go with a lot of experience though which is fair enough in one sense.

I do agree though 4 options at RB does seem a bit extreme if all sign and are fit. Grimmer is a bit of a utility defender as well though which is useful. Gibbons is a bit of an unknown how he will do but you'd hope he could make some sort of impact at League Two level?

My worry with Gibbons is that he may become another Ryan Lloyd. Continual contracts but no game time. Maybe Conference North for a season loan and then hopefully he'll be ready in a years time.

I don't think Grimmer would come in unless Purkiss left. I think he will be right-back next season. I'd rather he'd left, but it's up to management to make the right decisions. Yates to back up and Gibbons out on loan somewhere for the season, he looked a bit raw for league football when I've seen him.

You recall the Victoria Hall, Hanley then, eh? All those prima donnas running and jumping around the ring in false bouts of pain. What a pantomime. Oh that reminds me of Vale last season, lol.

oh yes jimmy hussy, billy two rivers, dazzler joe cornelious, dai Sullivan, first class entertainment.

2 players surprising released by Blackpool this week:

Sam Slocombe - 28yo goalkeeper with 131 appearances at L1/L2 level. Played in Blackpool's playoff final win last week.

Jack Payne - 25yo central midfielder who Peterborough paid a fee for when he was 21. Also played in Blackpool's playoff final win.

My worry with Gibbons is that he may become another Ryan Lloyd. Continual contracts but no game time. Maybe Conference North for a season loan and then hopefully he'll be ready in a years time.

The club seem to have high hopes for him otherwise he wouldn't have been signed or been around the first team last year, and if hes held in the same regard as say Smith was, (which I believe he is from reading some of the snippets of info about him), then I think a sensible approach would be a loan in the conference.

You recall the Victoria Hall, Hanley then, eh? All those prima donnas running and jumping around the ring in false bouts of pain. What a pantomime. Oh that reminds me of Vale last season, lol.

Memories as a kid flooding back.

Archived