onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bikey, Eagles & Walker

PureVale

Our budget will be far higher than Accrington Stanley. I'd imagine they have a budget below 1 million a year, Yeovil I recall had an 800k budget in the Championship I remember reading. Ours will be one of the better ones I'd expect. All this doom and gloom about only selling 2000-2500 season tickets and having 3000 attendances and going down because of it to non league is a bit dramatic considering even if that happens (I'd still expect a 4K average next year anyway) we will still have far better support than a lot of clubs in the division and spending power.

Of course that spending power needs to be done wisely and we seem to be starting to head in the right direction getting rid of some of the dead wood even ones under contract and signing the Pontiff.

If we are after the likes of Mirfin then if we can coup them we will do ok next year. We go into the division the highest placed team from last season so have to be targeting a swift return or at minimum a play off campaign.

Advert

I do go to the supermarket to purchase things and not just wait for them to contact me otherwise I would go hungry. I don't get your point David.

The point is that supermarkets go to great lengths to get your custom. They advertise, they offer promotions, schemes, mailshots, emails, free gifts and they DO contact their previous customers. Maybe in your dream world you missed that, I don't find it surprising that you didn't get my point.

The fee we would have got for him would have been 30-40k at most, Its not worth the risk of potentially paying out 300k plus over 2 years. Because he could quite easily have accepted the contract if nobody else was interested in the wages he wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

and the problem if he signed was what ..we gained a quality player easily of league 1 standard competing at league 2 a real asset- if the budget is 2mill just over 5% nothing still leaves plenty in the kitty for others- if he left for a fee nothing lost???

The idea is to build a team by keeping your best players and improve where needs-instead we get rid of our best players so look forward to better.

If you sell your best players re-invest simple

The world has changed, and many things are so much cheaper these days. £295 would get you a week in the Med, or several "bucket-list" experiences.

This idea that people will pitch up, zombie-like, and hand over their dosh is hopelessly outdated. If you think I'm wrong, take a look around that 80%-empty stadium next season and tell me we shouldn't be doing more to ensure people renew and to encourage new sales.

£295 got me an STI in Magaluf in 2009. I'd rather get shafted in another way and give it the Vale.

The point is that supermarkets go to great lengths to get your custom. They advertise, they offer promotions, schemes, mailshots, emails, free gifts and they DO contact their previous customers. Maybe in your dream world you missed that, I don't find it surprising that you didn't get my point.

Because they have a lot of competition. A Vale fan won't go Stoke.

and the problem if he signed was what ..we gained a quality player easily of league 1 standard competing at league a real asset- if the budget is 2mill just over 5% nothing still leaves plenty in the kitty for others- if he left for a fee nothing lost???

The idea is to build a team by keeping your best players and improve where needs-instead we get rid of our best players so look forward to better.

If you sell your best players re-invest simple

I understand where you're coming from but in league 2 his wage will pay for Pope and a good quality replacement at centre back. And when we've got smith, Knops and more than likely bikey we don't need another 'luxury' defender.

Sorry, David, but a "proper long-term supporter" shouldn't need to receive an invitation to renew their season ticket. It's just another excuse.

Perhaps he and others will renew - but any decent proactive business would try to make sure that every encouragement was made available.

Particularly after the abortion that was Port Vale's performance on and off the field in the 2015/2016 season - a totally unnecessary relegation, horrible disappointment watching our team drop from 2nd after 9 games to 21st at the end, losing our best players and seeing them not replaced and much, much more.

I don't think a small gesture of trying to give 'an electronic hug' in the form of an email or even a personal letter to long-term supporters is asking too much.

If I were in charge of marketing season tickets, I would make sure everyone was contacted, and those that had held them before and not renewed receieved telephone calls if appropriaqte, but definitely emails.

This is not a call to boycott, or starve em out, which I oppose - I want the club to sell as many STs as possible, and prosper - but those who really love their club deserve a little return consideration, particularly from the owner.

I understand where you're coming from but in league 2 his wage will pay for Pope and a good quality replacement at centre back. And when we've got smith, Knops and more than likely bikey already we don't need another 'luxury' defender.

Not a luxury defender but an asset , but like you say he wouldnt have signed and we get a fee win win, go with a small squad 14-15 of proven able players the rest can be made of end of career players and youngsters coming through simple makes that 2mill budget stretch even further

Not a luxury defender but an asset , but like you say he wouldnt have signed and we get a fee win win, go with a small squad 14-15 of proven able players the rest can be made of end of career players and youngsters coming through simple makes that 2mill budget stretch even further

Quality over quantity next season, it's been something I've been saying for the last couple of seasons, but it hasn't happened. But it will this time the team once put together between now and the start of the season will be good.

Because they have a lot of competition. A Vale fan won't go Stoke.

Are you certain of that ?

Typical arrogance, because whilst a Vale fan might not go to Stoke, their children might notice that Dad (and Mum !) no longer go to see the Vale, and wonder why they shouldn't be tempted to go and watch Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and the rest in a big maqtch environment and atmosphere with all their Stoke supporting schoolmates ?

Us old fools are not likely to change clubs, but young people have no emotional attachment from the past, they wont remember Rudgie, Everton in the Cup and the LDV win let alone things before that like Spurs and Andy Jones, Robbie Earle and the other parts of our history that mean so much to us.

Typical arrogance, because whilst a Vale fan might not go to Stoke, their children might notice that Dad (and Mum !) no longer go to see the Vale, and wonder why they shouldn't be tempted to go and watch Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and the rest in a big maqtch environment and atmosphere with all their Stoke supporting schoolmates ?

Us old fools are not likely to change clubs, but young people have no emotional attachment from the past, they wont remember Rudgie, Everton in the Cup and the LDV win let alone things before that like Spurs and Andy Jones, Robbie Earle and the other parts of our history that mean so much to us.

I hear you brother but Kids from burslem, Tunstall, Norton, Chell, Fegg Hayes and Sneyd Green will always be Vale.

Thats true 2 lads 1 vale (now die hard, did waver when young mentioned his mate go stoke and he fancied going told him didnt want to know and i wouldnt take him or pick him up -thankfully he never went), the other is liverpool gets to at least 6 home games a season- took him vale and he spent half hour on his phone although have taken him a few away games which he seems to enjoy albeit at my cost

Once a supermarket gets your email address they never let a week go by, sometimes it is every day. How was your last visit etc?

Quality over quantity next season, it's been something I've been saying for the last couple of seasons, but it hasn't happened. But it will this time the team once put together between now and the start of the season will be good.

that statement comes with a possibility clause does it not.

Archived