onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bikey, Eagles & Walker

PureVale

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficialvale View Post

£400k from Alnwick/Grant, £150,000 out his own pocket up to now. The rest will be self generated income and further investment from Norman if needed. But further up the thread as we've mentioned the budget will be about 1.5-2m when you total everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Nothing personal because you seem like a nice guy, but if you believe Norman is putting a penny into Vale then you're deluded.

You've said that Fradley is your source, which makes sense as to why what you post annoys me. Any friend of Smurthwaites is a complete imbecile by association in my book.

So our budget is less than Accrington Stanley 2.2m budget and our chairman still has to subsidise- very much doubt it-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/premier-league-destroying-game-efl-starving-accrington-chairman-andy-holt

Copy Article

Holt sought to draw a stark comparison between the fee reportedly paid to Pogba’s agent and the annual budget at League Two club Stanley, which he said is almost 20 times smaller.

He added: “We run our club with less than this … £2.2m. THIS is the problem with the English game.

Advert

For someone who uses the word 'we' in connection to Vale, you are disgustingly rude to a proper long-term supporter. Either you have no connection to the club and should stop pretending that you have, or if you are Norman or one of his rear-end sniffers then it is time to realise that every season ticket, every customer counts.

I really hope you are just a sad windup act and not connected to Vale.

Im not connected to the club but a relative is. I love Vale just as much as you

£400k from Alnwick/Grant, £150,000 out his own pocket up to now. The rest will be self generated income and further investment from Norman if needed. But further up the thread as we've mentioned the budget will be about 1.5-2m when you total everything up.

So our budget is less than Accrington Stanley 2.2m budget and our chairman still has to subsidise- very much doubt it-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/premier-league-destroying-game-efl-starving-accrington-chairman-andy-holt

Copy Article

Holt sought to draw a stark comparison between the fee reportedly paid to Pogba’s agent and the annual budget at League Two club Stanley, which he said is almost 20 times smaller.

He added: “We run our club with less than this … £2.2m. THIS is the problem with the English game.

We will have a top 3 budget

Copy Article

Their annual turnover is 2.2m not their budget

As martino just said we will have one the best budgets in the league.

Sorry, David, but a "proper long-term supporter" shouldn't need to receive an invitation to renew their season ticket. It's just another excuse.

It's just that yes, an excuse. If you've purchased one for many years did you have to wait for an email in the past before purchasing?

If you don't fancy it this season for one reason or the other then fair enough. Dunna blame it on not getting an email.

A fan for 45 years, how did you purchase one before the Internet existed?

It was routine to receive a letter from the club with an application form inviting me to renew.

Clearly there's no need to go to that expense when they can make use of virtually free e-mails, social media or text messages. Hell they could even pick up the phone and thank people for their support, and offer to take the payment for their renewal over the phone! How absurd would that be?

That club is sleepwalking into seeing people drifting way from the club, and it's all so avoidable.

Their annual turnover is 2.2m not their budget

As martino just said we will have one the best budgets in the league.

Great look forward to some marquee signings for proven players to replace streete (who we couldnt afford) and foley (who we couldnt afford or attract)with all this money , my guess is the budget includes paying off the duds and continuing to pay of other duds like mbamba and not to be used for likely signings that are quality I wont hold my breath like you say ours is 1.5 -2 million so taking your lower range 1.5 we would be less than accy

Great look forward to some marquee signings for proven players to replace streete (who we couldnt afford) and foley (who we couldnt afford or attract)

We offered foley more money than Northampton did & Streete was on £130k per year and wanted a 2 year deal from us plus a pay rise.. so in the long run it's not worth the risk. Plus let's face it he wouldn't have stayed in league 2 anyway.

It was routine to receive a letter from the club with an application form inviting me to renew.

Clearly there's no need to go to that expense when they can make use of virtually free e-mails, social media or text messages. Hell they could even pick up the phone and thank people for their support, and offer to take the payment for their renewal over the phone! How absurd would that be?

That club is sleepwalking into seeing people drifting way from the club, and it's all so avoidable.

What if Norman makes the phone calls?

Sorry, David, but a "proper long-term supporter" shouldn't need to receive an invitation to renew their season ticket. It's just another excuse.

The world has changed, and many things are so much cheaper these days. £295 would get you a week in the Med, or several "bucket-list" experiences.

This idea that people will pitch up, zombie-like, and hand over their dosh is hopelessly outdated. If you think I'm wrong, take a look around that 80%-empty stadium next season and tell me we shouldn't be doing more to ensure people renew and to encourage new sales.

reply to unofficial vale..Quote Originally Posted by elav trop 1876 View Post

Great look forward to some marquee signings for proven players to replace streete (who we couldnt afford) and foley (who we couldnt afford or attract)

We offered foley more money than Northampton did & Streete was on £130k per year and wanted a 2 year deal from us plus a pay rise.. so in the long run it's not worth the risk. Plus let's face it he wouldn't have stayed in league 2 anyway.

only had yo offer street same contract to get a fee so no brainer then we couldnt afford him otherwise why give up the chance of a fee???? if he signed lose some crap out of contract players simple

only had yo offer street same contract to get a feem so no brainer then we couldnt afford him otherwise why give up the chance of a fee????

The fee we would have got for him would have been 30-40k at most, Its not worth the risk of potentially paying out 300k plus over 2 years. Because he could quite easily have accepted the contract if nobody else was interested in the wages he wanted.

Archived