onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bikey, Eagles & Walker

PureVale

I wonder if there may be a possibility of getting Jak back on loan next season.

Would have thought there is little to no chance of that, and now that he has made a debut he will be pushing for first team football at the higher level. Nice idea, but if Browny manages to make that happen, they should erect a statue in his honour !

Perhaps Rangers would play us in a friendly at Vale Park though, as we gave them so much for so little.

Advert

One of the best keepers Ive seen wearing a Vale shirt in the many many years that I have followed the Vale.This owner of Port Vale is responsible for all the departures of the like of Jak.

Players have all the power nowadays. We'd have never kept Alnwick on a longer contract if it wasn't for the release clause his team would have insisted on.

The one that will always baffle me until the day I die is the scandalous release of Streete, a huge asset and possibly even more valuable for absolutely nothing.

Players have all the power nowadays. We'd have never kept Alnwick on a longer contract if it wasn't for the release clause his team would have insisted on.

The one that will always baffle me until the day I die is the scandalous release of Streete, a huge asset and possibly even more valuable for absolutely nothing.

that just shows how precarious our funding is rep.

Players have always left the Club for no transfer fee. It happens. Remember McPhee who went to Portugal wasn't it and we didn't get a penny.

It's a question of priorities as well as finance. It was perhaps better to let Remi go (and fairer for the player) than offer him the biggest wage in the squad and if he stayed not be able to fund another 2-3 players wages at this level.

Maybe it was a question of Pope and I other or Streete. Where do our priorities lie? It's a balancing act and a hard job to do but as with the daft comments we've had on here about Brown not liking foreign players and Brown injuring 7-8 lads because of his training methods, it's plan nonsense that he and his staff don't have a better understanding of how things work than we do.

Get over it. Move on.

I highly doubt that was the reason.....

No, but just as possible as the previous post that suggested he didn't wwant to play for Brown.

The obvious truth is that he wants, as all players should, to play at a level that reflects his ability - and that is higher than League 2.

As just posted, the reason we got no fee was the ridiculous contract he was already on that could not be matched again on a reduced budget - reduced by Smurf, who put him on the high amount initially. Any way you look at it, its Smurf's stupidity that meant there was no compensation.

Players have always left the Club for no transfer fee. It happens. Remember McPhee who went to Portugal wasn't it and we didn't get a penny.

It's a question of priorities as well as finance. It was perhaps better to let Remi go (and fairer for the player) than offer him the biggest wage in the squad and if he stayed not be able to fund another 2-3 players wages at this level.

Maybe it was a question of Pope and I other or Streete. Where do our priorities lie? It's a balancing act and a hard job to do but as with the daft comments we've had on here about Brown not liking foreign players and Brown injuring 7-8 lads because of his training methods, it's plan nonsense that he and his staff don't have a better understanding of how things work than we do.

Get over it. Move on.

If it was a question of Streete or Pope which I too am inclined to believe then I'd have taken Streete and his value every time. That said he wasn't going to stay anyway so simply protect the asset, it is sheer lunacy.

We protected the asset with Alnwick and we got a fee which some say is derisory and yet we get no fee for Streete and people are making excuses for it, it's truly double standards and laughable.

The McPhee comparison comment is mute unless Streete moves abroad.

If it was a question of Streete or Pope which I too am inclined to believe then I'd have taken Streete and his value every time. That said he wasn't going to stay anyway so simply protect the asset, it is sheer lunacy.

We protected the asset with Alnwick and we got a fee which some say is derisory and yet we get no fee for Streete and people are making excuses for it, it's truly double standards and laughable.

The McPhee comparison comment is mute unless Streete moves abroad.

Streete should have been offered a contract earlier instead of leaving it to the last minute then deciding against it. Could we really afford to offer him the same deal he was already on - probably not. If he had accepted it we would have been in the clarts because it would have tied up a considerable percentage of the budget. If he didn't accept it and went elsewhere we would have got a small amount of compensation based on the time he had been with us and the amount of his new contract we offered which would not have been an increase. Brown clearly thought the risk wasn't worth taking for the likely reward. Negotiations before Christmas might have been worth considering with the sort of deal Alnwick was on - an agreed release fee. Sadly, no foresight shown by the club. The fact that the owner was telling folk in the lounges that Streete was a rubbish trainer probably didn't help matters.

Archived