onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M.Sims

PVTony

All due respect Dave but we have always said the board was to big so if the sc and mark got seats how big would the board be after all proposed seats were taken?

"Obviously the sponsorship would be via the RW proxy if Mark Sims decides not to be elected."

Advert

its time for mark to make his mind up on weather he will come on board or not one thing is for sure he would be dealing with far more professional people than if bratt and co were there mark has a lot to offer pv so lets hope he comes to the right decision and become part of vales future for many years to come

That is ridiculous. They are lying and hiding things from the fans. They aren't Vale fans which seemed to be Bill Bratts excuse to shun every offer of investment.

We do not have to be treated like **** and just put up with it. They DO NOT own the club, 900 fans do!

It,s not Bills decision.

It's what's is in the best interest of the club and this seems a pretty good deal to me and many others.

Why some people can't see this and strive for the impossible is a mystery to me but let's face it you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Having said that some people will never be pleased at all whatever happens!

It,s not Bills decision.

It's what's is in the best interest of the club and this seems a pretty good deal to me and many others.

Why some people can't see this and strive for the impossible is a mystery to me but let's face it you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Having said that some people will never be pleased at all whatever happens!

Because there are too many unknowns. Say there is a house mortgaged to the council for £2M, I pay the mortgage off, do I have a share in that house? or does it all belong to the sitting tenant? I improve the property, what benefit do I get? I put in a show lawn, people look at it and may order one. How many lawns do I have to sell in order to write off £2M plus? I would charge rent on that house, and sell back the house when I have sold enough lawns.

The Supporters Club have a committee meeting on Monday whereby I will be reporting back to them from my talks with the Board and CEO that they are very suppportive of a fans Director being elected to the Board and he/she will not have to sign up to the usual Director's liabilities.

Obviously the sponsorship would be via the RW proxy if Mark Sims decides not to be elected.

We will discuss on Monday how the logistics of this would be implemented voting wise so that all fans are able to feel involved.

The Supporters Director would attend all aspects of a Board meeting with voting rights and not just be a representative.

I have already made it clear to the SC that I would not wish to be considered as I would be uncomfortable with standing for election when I am the proxy holder.

More news next week when, hopefully, Mark will have made his position clear.

Kind Regards,

Dave Felstead

Chairman

PVFC Supporters Club

DAVE,can you put my mind to rest,to your knowledge is there any rule that says an appointed director must take his/her place after a certain length of time or he/she loses their directorship,am asking this because if/when MARK steps up I don't want the board turning round and saying.... sorry your to late the time window as closed ...

What about this for an idea?

If the board are unwilling to show Mark the books and Mark feels unable to comit without seeing them (if you have your own rules in business that have led to you being successful then best not to break them) then wait for them to allow a supporter without the financial obligations to join and then Mark Sims put himself forward - I bet you any money Lloyd would refuse, they don't want Sims anywhere near as he's too switched on, he'd see exactly how the club was being run.

Unless the SC rep/director was someone very experienced in business and accounts they'd run rings around them whilst claiming to be open

With MO out of the frame I don't think MARK will join the board, hope am wrong ,just a thought ,is there a time scale to which he must or decline to step up as this could go on for years :unsure: ,it certainly feels like it , I expect there will be discontent on here if MARK decides not to join by the old guard, I personally will not be bothered one way or the other,as for someone to take his place ........ :unsure::unsure: ..

Spot on.....IMO Mark was Mo's right hand man and Mo's leverage into buying into the club. Mark never really wanted to be on the board and certainly not without Mo, yes the boards demands were a joke and any sane person would have declined a position but even if they were reasonable requests I personally think he would have declined. It would be nice if Simms did join the board but if he is the key to joining which he is for a number of people, why I don't know then we will remain where we are.

So Mark Sims can now take up a position of Director and will not need to sign up for the usual Directors liabilities.....

but would not have a 'hand' vote, just inside info to pass on when the sc were considering how to use Robbies proxy

So Mark Sims can now take up a position of Director and will not need to sign up for the usual Directors liabilities.....

who said that? I didn't.

Mark rightly seems unwilling to comit without seeing financial docs as he was prevented doing his due dilligence

IF and it's still a big IF, the board agree to an SC rep/director on the board without having to guarantee loans and debts I simply suggested Mark put hiself forward again

However, I'm 99% sure if he did the board would not want him as he'd run rings around them.

It was just a suggestion but lots of IFS before then for it to actually happen. That's all

So a fans representative,sponsored by Robbie Williams,elected as a Director by the shareholders at the EGM is blocked from doing due dilligence....nobody is going to sign up for millions of pounds of debt without seeing the books first.....meanwhile Deakin and his mate have got the club on the cheap.....Mark Sims is an honest man and would be accountable to the fans no wonder they don't want him....it shouldn't be up to Lloyd and Deakin as Mark Sims was elected by the shareholders....it's a disgrace.

seems deakin and his mate have signed "up for millions of pounds of debt and got the club on the cheap" wish i had been given the oppo:rolleyes:rtunity

Archived