onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M.Sims

PVTony

Advert

So a fans representative,sponsored by Robbie Williams,elected as a Director by the shareholders at the EGM is blocked from doing due dilligence....nobody is going to sign up for millions of pounds of debt without seeing the books first.....meanwhile Deakin and his mate have got the club on the cheap.....Mark Sims is an honest man and would be accountable to the fans no wonder they don't want him....it shouldn't be up to Lloyd and Deakin as Mark Sims was elected by the shareholders....it's a disgrace.

Too right mate

Like most other clubs and how would have been if choudry had taken control.

Mo was honest about his intentions to have complete control, like it or not. These are lying saying they don't want control and want to stay within the 24.9%. The control aspect doesn't bother me, the deception does.

I feel it has got to that point, accept we have helped remove the likes of bratt and jackson maybe we have not got the outcome we wanted but if we would have sugggested such things 2 years ago I feel the majority would have been very happy

As for mark I hope he decides to join the board but I have my doubts he ever wanted it,hope i'm wrong

The small shareholders never really had a voice to start with but did give it a huge go at the egm

If enough feel disfranchised I suggest the form their own group and either fight for their money back or pool together with perhaps RW to make sure they have at least some sort of voice in the future

It's been a long 12 to 18 months, but now - and as a consequence of pro-change activity we're rid of the Old Guard - to the point we need only to officially hear that Bill & Glenn are gone too.

At this point in time I'm not too concerned that MS decides or otherwise to join the 'Board, and for now I've 'shielded my sword whilst keeping one hand on the grip'.

Perry & Co have given us a scorecard to check as we go which is in sharp contrast to the WAB era. PD's scorecard result in 12 months will make interesting reading.

It's been a long 12 to 18 months, but now - and as a consequence of pro-change activity we're rid of the Old Guard - to the point we need only to officially hear that Bill & Glenn are gone too.

At this point in time I'm not too concerned that MS decides or otherwise to join the 'Board, and for now I've 'shielded my sword whilst keeping one hand on the grip'.

Perry & Co have given us a scorecard to check as we go which is in sharp contrast to the WAB era. PD's scorecard result in 12 months will make interesting reading.

PD certainly has made Bratt and Co look very stupid.

So a fans representative,sponsored by Robbie Williams,elected as a Director by the shareholders at the EGM is blocked from doing due dilligence....nobody is going to sign up for millions of pounds of debt without seeing the books first.....meanwhile Deakin and his mate have got the club on the cheap.....Mark Sims is an honest man and would be accountable to the fans no wonder they don't want him....it shouldn't be up to Lloyd and Deakin as Mark Sims was elected by the shareholders....it's a disgrace.

I thought the main stumbling block for Mark joining the board was Bratt and Oliver still being on the board. Once they have gone then there should be no obstacles stopping him from joining. If Deakin, Miller and others are willing to sign up to be directors and be liable for any debt as you call it. Then what is wrong with Mark Sims doing the same?

Absolutley correct.

That is ridiculous. They are lying and hiding things from the fans. They aren't Vale fans which seemed to be Bill Bratts excuse to shun every offer of investment.

We do not have to be treated like **** and just put up with it. They DO NOT own the club, 900 fans do!

With MO out of the frame I don't think MARK will join the board, hope am wrong ,just a thought ,is there a time scale to which he must or decline to step up as this could go on for years :unsure: ,it certainly feels like it , I expect there will be discontent on here if MARK decides not to join by the old guard, I personally will not be bothered one way or the other,as for someone to take his place ........ :unsure::unsure: ..

Yep, whether we like it or not we are now the PD show. Fair play to Deakin for putting his and his various mate's cash on the line. If all goes well, by the end of the season he will be a hero. If it all goes wrong, I think the stick BB, GO et al. got will be small beer compared to the "Deakin Out" movement of 2012. I really do hope it all works out personally. I've had enough of politics and being in league two and would just love to see the club moving forward again at long last. Will it happen? 50/50 for me.

The fact mark has not joined the board and all new investment is coming in through the back door just says it all to me.if bratt and co haven't had some kind of pay off I will eat my hat.after all the bull **** they have put out over the years about investment taking time to be acting like this just smacks of one gentlemans club handing over to another,and to top it off the new ones are putting a steel fence around it .I blame the shareholders that bottled change at the egm as they had the chance to smash this circle of "trust".so to sum my future up at vale I will only go to suit myself from now on and I could not blame mark for doing the same,a good bloke missed

The Supporters Club have a committee meeting on Monday whereby I will be reporting back to them from my talks with the Board and CEO that they are very suppportive of a fans Director being elected to the Board and he/she will not have to sign up to the usual Director's liabilities.

Obviously the sponsorship would be via the RW proxy if Mark Sims decides not to be elected.

We will discuss on Monday how the logistics of this would be implemented voting wise so that all fans are able to feel involved.

The Supporters Director would attend all aspects of a Board meeting with voting rights and not just be a representative.

I have already made it clear to the SC that I would not wish to be considered as I would be uncomfortable with standing for election when I am the proxy holder.

More news next week when, hopefully, Mark will have made his position clear.

Kind Regards,

Dave Felstead

Chairman

PVFC Supporters Club

Archived