onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

M.Sims

PVTony

It's looking more and more likely that Mark Sims will not be joining the board. I and most others have not heard anything from him or read anything from him on O.V.F. for quite some time.

Mark was/is our hope for honesty and transparency. If he has rejected directorship are the fans and small share holders powerless to influence matters regarding the better future for P.V.F.C?

Is time to give up and just accept what the board and C.E.O. do with the club and get on with supporting the team?

Advert

It's looking more and more likely that Mark Sims will not be joining the board. I and most others have not heard anything from him or read anything from him on O.V.F. for quite some time.

Mark was/is our hope for honesty and transparency. If he has rejected directorship are the fans and small share holders powerless to influence matters regarding the better future for P.V.F.C?

Is time to give up and just accept what the board and C.E.O. do with the club and get on with supporting the team?

Absolutley correct.

I feel it has got to that point, accept we have helped remove the likes of bratt and jackson maybe we have not got the outcome we wanted but if we would have sugggested such things 2 years ago I feel the majority would have been very happy

As for mark I hope he decides to join the board but I have my doubts he ever wanted it,hope i'm wrong

The small shareholders never really had a voice to start with but did give it a huge go at the egm

If enough feel disfranchised I suggest the form their own group and either fight for their money back or pool together with perhaps RW to make sure they have at least some sort of voice in the future

Why are people so keen on Sims? I'm not knocking the bloke by why is it so important to alot of people for him to be on the board? Looking at this new bloke, he is very experienced and has a lot to offer.

Just being a fan isn't enough to convince me he warrants a place on the board. Bratt & Oliver were fans with a decent business record and we know what happened there.

If Mark does not accept his role as a Director.....WHO would you like to take up the role with Robbies proxy representing the fans.........??

good question jim

my self, i think it should be an elected position every 2 years voted by the supporters club membership or if the small shareholders wish maybe they could pool the shares along side RW and a rep could be voted from all those in the pool

So a fans representative,sponsored by Robbie Williams,elected as a Director by the shareholders at the EGM is blocked from doing due dilligence....nobody is going to sign up for millions of pounds of debt without seeing the books first.....meanwhile Deakin and his mate have got the club on the cheap.....Mark Sims is an honest man and would be accountable to the fans no wonder they don't want him....it shouldn't be up to Lloyd and Deakin as Mark Sims was elected by the shareholders....it's a disgrace.

Why are people so keen on Sims? I'm not knocking the bloke by why is it so important to alot of people for him to be on the board? Looking at this new bloke, he is very experienced and has a lot to offer.

Just being a fan isn't enough to convince me he warrants a place on the board. Bratt & Oliver were fans with a decent business record and we know what happened there.

To me our only hope of knowing what is going on behind all the spin/lies etc. If my elected director cannot become part of the board, I want to know why from him, then I will decide whether to go again. If the club has been high-jacked, why should I attend?

Mark has a good relationship with the fans, the SC and the pro change movement. He is massively successful and is honest to a fault. This person I think single handedly could re-establish good relationships between fan factions and the board. Will he join? I very much doubt it because the will from the board and Perry has not been there. Mark would ruin their plans. I agree though, if he isn't accepted there is nothing thousands of fans or 98% if shareholders can do about it. The future of Port Vale is now in the hands of a very few people, all of them not Vale fans, how ironic.

The future of Port Vale is now in the hands of a very few people, all of them not Vale fans, how ironic.

Like most other clubs and how would have been if choudry had taken control.

Finally we may actually make some progress which given the hostilities, reducing crowds and current overall economic conditions perhaps Perry deserves a medal!!

Archived