Kiko gone.

valiant_593

Doesn't make sense to pay the guy off but I guess it depends on how much he took as compared to one year of his wages. Let's hope Brown is equally as ruthless with the players he signed.

Advert:

Good luck to him. Can't agree with fans who say he would make a good wing-back, wing-backs also have to defend and defensively he was a total liability. Yep decent left foot but let's not get carried away.

Good luck to him. Can't agree with fans who say he would make a good wing-back, wing-backs also have to defend and defensively he was a total liability. Yep decent left foot but let's not get carried away.

Exactly. Always needed an out-and-out defender at left back, then Kiko could have played left side of a 4/5 man midfield, and done a decent job there IMO. No alternative.

They also have to get up and down the pitch, and mobility was his biggest issue alongside defensive niaivity

Opposing teams seemed to sus out the weakness in Vales defence and often took advantage. We need a proper left back ,(a big strong one)who can take command of attacks from the opposing teams right wing.

Advert:

Not really, as about a dozen people have said that all season.

Good luck to him though.

Sarcasm lost in translation again, a thousand apologies.

Another player who came with good intent, and he is a good professional who tried his best and wanted to succeed but he simply was completely out of his depth as a defender in the English game at this level. Yes he was ok going forward but his job was to defend and towards the end of the season I lost count of the number of times goals conceded came from his side of the pitch. I wish him well and good fortune in his career elsewhere.

I fully concur and said the same thing many times last season.

Good luck to him, I think he really tried hard.

Advert:

Sarcasm lost in translation again, a thousand apologies.

No sarcasm there - just fact that the player has been consistently criticised for bad defending, but given credit for decent crossing from time to time - both on OVF and Radio Stoke.

If you weren't the first person to say it, that's tough but hardly sarcastic.

I'm sure you are a trendsetter in every other aspect of your life though. (There you are - THAT is sarcasm, for future reference).

SUPPORT VALE,BROWN, POPEY and the PLAYERS

BUT LET'S HAVE SYNECTICS TO COMPLETE THE TEAM

Advert:

Don't know whether Brown is planning to keep Tanser (hope not!) but he will hopefully have Yates back from injury who before he got injured was showing good form at both left and right back positions and now with his mate back up top will provide some good crosses from forward positions!

Don't know whether Brown is planning to keep Tanser (hope not!) but he will hopefully have Yates back from injury who before he got injured was showing good form at both left and right back positions and now with his mate back up top will provide some good crosses from forward positions!

Be surprised if Yatesy is anything other than back up following his injury. I'd hope to see a new 1st choice left back and possibly 1st choice right back should Purkiss move on.

Just when was Yates showing good form at both Right and Left back ?

He got injured pre-season 2016/17 and Dicko and Purkiss were pretty much fixtures at full back in 2015/16 season.

Archived