onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained List

Gareths54

Is it a coincidence that they have started going in the right direction since he stepped down from day to day involvement - particularly in player recruitment?

Maybe if he'd done this from day 1 things could have been very different

too little too late though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advert

More than likely not a coincidence no, he seems to have learnt some lessons. Fair play to him.

Not buying that

He has been lucky with Colin Garlick imo, seems like a decent bloke who understands how to run a football club, for me Norman gets no credit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More than likely not a coincidence no, he seems to have learnt some lessons. Fair play to him.

He ran out of his 'fair play get out of jail cards' a long long time ago. There is nothing he can do apart from sell.

Don't you get it he's damaged goods - very damaged.

Stop defending him.

I'd just like to post that I'm impressed with Mr. Brown's work so far, he's got rid of all the duffers he can and is looking to retain sensible choices. I suspect Yates is on the contract offer list on some sort of coaching basis with him being a back up player if needed. Ben Purkiss had a poor season but we know he can be better and should be good in L2.

The next stage is to continue to try and offload the very expensive cuckoo in the nest that is Mbamba (probably next to impossible given no one would want him at a third of his current salary) and recruit a sensible amount of good players to fill the gaps and leave us a squad of 22-24 with loan option top ups.

We know a decent goalie is important and Chris Neal would be great but we can't hang our hat on him and should recruit the first keeper of the required standard who is willing to join us.

There is a way of getting Mbamba to leave and that is to tell him that although he's under contract he doesn't feature in the managers plans so if he stays for the full term just to pick up his salary of which the present manager was not party to then when he finally leaves we release him but retain his registration so as he can't sign for anyone else.it has been known to work thee nowst.

I wonder if Tavares might do better next year with a proper pre-season to improve his fitness. He has been doing some work with the youngsters so I suspect he doesn't want to pick his money up for nothing.

I tend to agree. Ability wise he is surely going to be way above league two. I can see him surprising people next season when he has upped fitness and adapted.

Sent from my F3111 using the onevalefan mobile app

There is a way of getting Mbamba to leave and that is to tell him that although he's under contract he doesn't feature in the managers plans so if he stays for the full term just to pick up his salary of which the present manager was not party to then when he finally leaves we release him but retain his registration so as he can't sign for anyone else.it has been known to work thee nowst.

Take it you've not heard of Marc Bosman?

Take it you've not heard of Marc Bosman?

the Bosman ruling protects players supposedly from the machinations of unscrupulous clubs not the other way about, the bosman gives little sympathy to players manipulated by some shyster agent as that scenario was I believe incorporated into the ruling, just my opinion wrex posting from memory.

That's a load of **** mate.

Compare and contrast.

The club's greatest season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953%E2%80%9354_Port_Vale_F.C._season#Transfers

Last season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_Port_Vale_F.C._season#Transfers

Utter madness, and there is only one man to blame.

If you compared and contrasted most teams during the aforementioned years the difference wouldn't be too great. Football is exceptionally different now.

I'll watch with interest as things develop. I'm hoping that come August I'll be happy to say I was wrong about Brown. My initial thoughts are that I've tarred him with Page's brush and the retained list says otherwise.

If you throw my text messages from the day he was appointed in my face later in the season I'll be disappointed at best!!!

I told you he was a good 'un? 😁

Archived