onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Accrington Stanley Chairman's opinion

Advert

I don't see his point.

Why should other people fund a loss making business? There are a lot of clubs out there that need to get real and live within their means. It's up to him to put his business in a position where it can survive on its own, if it can't he needs to cut back.

It's a solidarity payment, not a hand out,the Premier League don;t have to do it but they feel they have a duty to do it, which is entirely up to them. The Premier Leagues response was insensitive and whoever made it should be bounced down the road, but the point stands that it is up to Football League Chairman/Owners to sort themselves out.

True except for one thing..without decent competitive opposition football is nothing so if ALL clubs cut their cloth there would be in every division a few haves and a lot of have nots unable to offer any competition. It would be a procession and you'd end up with the richer clubs always winning the matches, always getting promotion and so on...a bit like the EPL and the CL..boooring!!!

Borrowing and debt if spent well enables clubs to compete above their "means" and create healthy exciting competition and give them the potential to climb up the ladder.

Apparently Rafa the Gaffer got £10m when the Toon went down?

When they went down!!! How stupid was Mike Ashley to agree to that in his contract..or was it necessary to attract the bloke who might have kept them up and to have him in place to get them back up instead of him being taken on by someone else.

Supply and demand/risk and reward/ROI

What on earth does an agent do to warrant an alleged fee of 41m in a transfer of a player between clubs, how does that even happen, how do they arrive at that figure, it's just obscene. The whole industry of Players agents needs to be highly regulated and policed, it's becoming like a cancer.

I believe it was FIFA who resisted a cap on the % agaenys could earn from a transfer fee, I wonder who received the kick back from that one.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39882054

I got to know Lee Anderson, son of Ken, when I worked down south. Ken is chairman of Bolton.

Lee is now heavily involved at Bolton.

I got to know him and his wife, Kathy Lloyd. Really nice people.

Lee used to be an agent, mainly for Arsenal. He has earned ridiculous sums. Stories he's told me are insane.

Fair play to them.

What on earth does an agent do to warrant an alleged fee of 41m in a transfer of a player between clubs, how does that even happen, how do they arrive at that figure,

Not much

There are a lot of stupid ego driven people in football who sign stupid contracts and are smitten by the "glamour" as well as the pound signs...they get turned on by doing £41m deals rather than being custodians of the game.

As long as FIFA take a dim view of governments stepping in and regulating football in each country then this sort of thing will continue..it needs legislation as well as regulation. It's very unlikely to happen.

As long as the money circulates round and ends up in significant amounts with those who have the power to stop it, it won't stop.

Archived