onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andoh - Should we attempt to sign him now

philmpv

Advert

Gutted for the young lad, know what it is like to have knee injuries and still struggle with them now, specially in cold weather. Just hope he gets back to the standard he was, as he was magic down the wings, terrorising the defence. But we have carried enough injured players for several seasons now and our budget wont stretch to that now.

According to news releases and rumours he was offered several contracts, but either him or his agent refused to sign them as they wanted more and that is understandable.

If a contract was to be offered and signed, then it should be based on a play and get paid style one, with a basic wage as a starter. That way when he is fit, the more games he plays, the more money he gets

No brainer! A winger who can actually beat a player and also tracks back when needed. Would be a real asset in League Two. Browny speaks highly of him so I'm sure he'll get offered a deal.

Your right is a no brainer. Let him go. He was good before this injury but after such a bad injury he won't be the same. Given reports from what others have seen that's the case.

After this length of time, if he still has a limp, he's not going to play pro-football again. If you **** your knee up enough you can't necessarily just "get over it". You are stuck with it. He should concentrate on just being able to live the rest of his life as well as he can.

And I hope the club will help as much as they can with this. It's a human being we are talking about here first and foremost. Not a piece of meat. Hope I'm wrong Enoch, but good luck to you mate. Stick at it.

Well said. I think he is quite a way off playing professional football again judging by the reserve game I saw him play in. Shame for him and the club.
How long does the "Duty of Care" run? I suppose at some stage if he does not recover his fitness, he would claim his PFA insurance as Phil Sproson did.

To me he is worth signing, on a contract equivalent of that to a youth player, or the minimum we are allowed to give him. Enoch gets a wage and the massive IF he recovers we have a very good player. If not the risk was low and unfortunately Enoch's career has been so cruelly cut short.

As far as I'm aware Vale will be carrying 7 of Bruno's signings who are not good enough for Lge 2 plus a perenially injured Forrester for next season, we cannot afford to take risks on any more players who may not play regularly in the first team whether due to injury or ability. Harsh I know but just reality.

Wouldn't you buy a top of the range tv that had no picture?

From what I've heard he will struggle to play again.

I heard this as far back as the Maidenhead replay at the end of 2015 given how his knee had blown up, lived in hope as he appeared so promising, shame for him but unlike many at least he had a taste of pro football. Good luck Enoch.

As far as I'm aware Vale will be carrying 7 of Bruno's signings who are not good enough for Lge 2 plus a perenially injured Forrester for next season, we cannot afford to take risks on any more players who may not play regularly in the first team whether due to injury or ability. Harsh I know but just reality.

I'd hazard a guess that out of that bunch only De freitas and Knopps (when fit) have an immediate future with us.

I'd hazard a guess that out of that bunch only De freitas and Knopps (when fit) have an immediate future with us.

I'm no employment lawyer but as I understand it unless their contracts are cancelled by mutual consent/agreement then the Vale have to honor them.

I'm no employment lawyer but as I understand it unless their contracts are cancelled by mutual consent/agreement then the Vale have to honor them.

Pretty obvious though that a player a long way from home in a land where no one speaks his language and he has few friends and nothing to do will be more than tempted if offered a reasonable proportion, or even anything above about a third or more of his outstanding wages for the outstanding contract time.

If Alfredo di Catlaogplaya is on £50k and can get away with an offer of £15-20k and go and play for someone else, or even just go home, he'll almost certainly jump at the chance.

Archived