onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andoh - Should we attempt to sign him now

philmpv

The way the recent stories about him have been told, they generally speak as if he's still our player (i.e. such as in today's Sentinel article, a direct quote from MB "He is still struggling with the movement side to side so he is quite a way off. We have to make sure as a club that his knee is going to get better and he can perform at the standard we need him to.". We know he isn't, as he has no contract with us (so far as I know), but does this way of speaking indicate that a contract is on the cards once he proves his fitness (if he does)?

Personally, I would try to get him tied down to something, at least, now, with provision for a wage increase to a more acceptable level once he has made a set number of appearances, although if he's still with the same agent as before, that may be very unlikely. Speaking of his agent, I wonder if he's subbing Enoch since his contract expired, as he must be skint after not signing it on his agent's advice, given he's had no wage for the past year!

Advert

Saw him at one of the recent reserve games on Vale Park and he could hardly move. Browns comments today about him indicate hes still in the same position a couple of months later. At the least this injury is going to take a lot of coming back from, if at all, but I hope he does.

I'm not sure how it works but he may be getting money off the PFA if hes still out with injury and no contract.

I'm glad we seem to be assisting him in his recovery but as things stand he doesn't seem in great shape and miles off full fitness, flexibility and speed.

Let's hope he can recover but at present I would not contemplate signing him. We can't afford to carry anyone - like last year - and unless he's 100% fit and strong he'll noit cope with the physicality of Div. 2.

I'm glad we seem to be assisting him in his recovery but as things stand he doesn't seem in great shape and miles off full fitness, flexibility and speed.

Let's hope he can recover but at present I would not contemplate signing him. We can't afford to carry anyone - like last year - and unless he's 100% fit and strong he'll noit cope with the physicality of Div. 2.

Agreed.

Can anyone name a player who spent two years out with a serious injury and then came back to have a decent career? Apparently he walks with a limp now and isn't anywhere close to being fit enough to play so I'm sorry to say this is a rare occasion where Smurthwaite was actually right, Andoh should have taken that low paying contract.

I was at the Colchester game when he got injured and you could tell from the length of time it took to get him off the pitch that he was badly injured. Up to that point, he looked like our main outlet and they were double marking him, so it was a big loss. He was such a promising player, one can only hope that he fully recovers but Brown's description of his injury after all this time left me wondering if he ever will.

Can anyone name a player who spent two years out with a serious injury and then came back to have a decent career? Apparently he walks with a limp now and isn't anywhere close to being fit enough to play so I'm sorry to say this is a rare occasion where Smurthwaite was actually right, Andoh should have taken that low paying contract.

Here's one for the Guinness book of records - Shaun Barker who made his debut for Burton against his old club Derby County after four long years out with injury. Watched him on the television come on to a standing ovation from both sides.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37201519

Not sure how well it turned out though as he only played 5 games for Burton last season.

Saw him at one of the recent reserve games on Vale Park and he could hardly move. Browns comments today about him indicate hes still in the same position a couple of months later. At the least this injury is going to take a lot of coming back from, if at all, but I hope he does.

I'm not sure how it works but he may be getting money off the PFA if hes still out with injury and no contract.

I agree he's miles off or seemed to be at the end of last season and it seems from Brown's comments he still is.

Archived