onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs shoes

geosname

The Rob Page thing was nothing to do with Smurf. Page walked as he saw an opportunity with a club that at the time were probably showing more resources in playing budget than the Vale. And given the way Smurf is Page would never know what would happen next, so Nothants maybe a safer option. All this Bull about him master plan to get Page to leave by lowering the budget is a load of rubbish. He was trying to save money it backfired and the rest as they say is history! IMHO

Smurf admitted himself he forced Page out of the club by slashing his budget, then upping it for his successor Bruno.

He openly admitted and bragged about his masterplan. Don't rewrite history. He was actually quite pleased with himself on twitter for outwitting Page. It was embarrassing. He was on RS when he claimed Bodin was the 'brains of the operation' and categorically stated it had all been in his plan. So it isn't a load of rubbish.

Advert

If I was Synetics I would be put off buying Vale by all the nasty abuse Smurth has had by key board warriors on this platform. Even Synetics are asking fans to cool it. With most of you guys it is for sure that Synetics will get it in the neck if you are not happy with what they do. No human being should be abused the way some of you have done to Smurth, he has made big mistakes. He should expect a lot of criticism which he is getting in good measure but not outright abusive comments. With the current abuse in this media I wouldn't want to be an owner of the Vale!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

There are by far more posts saying people wont buy a ST until Smurf goes than abusing him.

Smurf admitted himself he forced Page out of the club by slashing his budget, then upping it for his successor Bruno.

He openly admitted and bragged about his masterplan. Don't rewrite history. He was actually quite pleased with himself on twitter for outwitting Page. It was embarrassing. He was on RS when he claimed Bodin was the 'brains of the operation' and categorically stated it had all been in his plan. So it isn't a load of rubbish.

Yes I know exactly what happened at the time but he is the type of character that would take Page leaving as a failure on his part, so he made this truly astonishing story that it was all part of a mater plan etc. Complete load of bull from someone who did not want to lose face by Page deserting. You cant tell me anyone really believes anything Smurf has said in the past? Why believe this load of old pony!

But we only have Smurthwaite's word for it that it was part of a master plan. At that particular time it suited his ego to put forward the idea that he had outwitted Northampton and Page.

The facts are:

1) Smurthwaite disliked Page and had put the club up for sale, seemingly he wanted out.

2) Page then left Port Vale to manage Northampton, who had to pay Vale a fee.

3) Smurthwaite had to find a new manager from somewhere, and ended up speaking to various people,

4) Smurthwaite was convinced to hire Ribeiro, and raised the budget again in anticipation of promotion.

Now Smurthwaite says it was all a part of his master plan to force Page to leave. It is academic anyway seen as whatever the truth is, hiring Ribeiro was a terrible decision, but just because Smurthwaite says it was part of his master plan doesn't mean that it was. I'd be more inclined to believe he just reacted when Page left, accepted the money but couldn't accept the thought that Page had got one over on him by finding himself a better job with a bigger budget.

Yes I know exactly what happened at the time but he is the type of character that would take Page leaving as a failure on his part, so he made this truly astonishing story that it was all part of a mater plan etc. Complete load of bull from someone who did not want to lose face by Page deserting. You cant tell me anyone really believes anything Smurf has said in the past? Why believe this load of old pony!

Yeah exactly, either way Smurthwaite is an ******. I'm more inclined to believe he is a .

Yes I know exactly what happened at the time but he is the type of character that would take Page leaving as a failure on his part, so he made this truly astonishing story that it was all part of a mater plan etc. Complete load of bull from someone who did not want to lose face by Page deserting

Have you a shred of evidence for those statements, since you won't answer the question I'll answer it for you, no I(you) haven't.

You cant tell me anyone really believes anything Smurf has said in the past? Why believe this load of old pony!

Smurf made those comments multiple times to multiple media which suggests there's some truth in them. He also gloated about the way he removed Rop Page etc, made derogatory comments about RP and described himself as 'a very good chess player', if he didn't mean those comments a grown man should not say them, especially one who is the owner of the football club.

Just a thought,if the chosen one (one of the best mangers in the world ) recommended a guy to be your next manager wouldn't you go for it ?

Yes SMURF made a mistake in believing the chosen one new what he was talking about and we are all ( including SMURF) paying the price

Ridiculous. If the chosen one told you to jump off a cliff, would you? Thought not...

If I was Synetics I would be put off buying Vale by all the nasty abuse Smurth has had by key board warriors on this platform. Even Synetics are asking fans to cool it. With most of you guys it is for sure that Synetics will get it in the neck if you are not happy with what they do. No human being should be abused the way some of you have done to Smurth, he has made big mistakes. He should expect a lot of criticism which he is getting in good measure but not outright abusive comments. With the current abuse in this media I wouldn't want to be an owner of the Vale!

You think what Smurthwaite has had on her is abuse? Ha ha. He's got off very little lightly. All he has been told is a few home truths. He's a big boy. If he can't stand the heat, he knows what to do.

Have you a shred of evidence for those statements, since you won't answer the question I'll answer it for you, no I(you) haven't.

Smurf made those comments multiple times to multiple media which suggests there's some truth in them. He also gloated about the way he removed Rop Page etc, made derogatory comments about RP and described himself as 'a very good chess player', if he didn't mean those comments a grown man should not say them, especially one who is the owner of the football club.

Of course I have no evidence to know this is true but do you have any evidence to suggest what Smurf was saying at the time was true also? Can you believe a guy that has made things up and lied to the fans constantly? Only one man knows the truth and it isn't me or you. I was mealy speculating that this is how it played out in my eyes. The fact that he kept talking about it in the media does not mean it is true one little bit. Have you never told a white lie yourself and then told it that much you actually start to believe it yourself? I know I have.

Of course I have no evidence to know this is true but do you have any evidence to suggest what Smurf was saying at the time was true also? Can you believe a guy that has made things up and lied to the fans constantly? Only one man knows the truth and it isn't me or you. I was mealy speculating that this is how it played out in my eyes. The fact that he kept talking about it in the media does not mean it is true one little bit. Have you never told a white lie yourself and then told it that much you actually start to believe it yourself? I know I have.

Swanny this is what you wrote, note the first sentence.

The only evidence I have is what was repeatedly printed in various media and some of what was said was subsequently verified which increases the probability that it was actually the truth. No, I have never repeatedly told the same white lie and I wouldn't be daft enough to tell such a disgaceful white lie to the media especially if I was the owner of the football club.

IMHO your speculation is way off the mark.

Archived