onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs shoes

geosname

Vale fans are as much responsible for the problems as anyone else. When anyone says anything they don't want to hear you're a troublemaker, even if its longstanding supporters with a good track record and business experience. When things go **** up a year later, its "why didn't somebody warn us". With fans like that who needs enemies , just look at Grebos post, for Cliffs sake.

You are right Nick,but can you warn us a couple of years in advance before a new owner or manager arrives on the scene?It makes life a lot easier.

Advert

People like Tim, Old Sage , Alan Baker , Doha etc did for V2001 , Mold, Blue Sky and Smurf but you just don't listen.

That's why I asked to give 2 years notice of what is going to happen.

How many of those named bought STs during V2001 and bought shares.I didn't as I new it was a lost cause,a bit like yourself.Did you?I know what they did,add GB to the list.

That's why I asked to give 2 years notice of what is going to happen.

How many of those named bought STs during V2001 and bought shares.I didn't as I new it was a lost cause,a bit like yourself.Did you?I know what they did,add GB to the list.

I didn't buy shares because it was doomed to failure (and have read Animal Farm), I bought a ST (for the first time under V2001) when they had Target 5000 as it was a good idea but stopped once they started turning away investors.

A very simple question for the Smurf fans who swarm this site. What has he ever done for us?

This sort of ingratitude really pxsses me off.

He came up with that 2-for-£30 deal on the Swindon and MK Dons games, that was enthusiastically snapped by well over 3 people.

He agreed a £12 deal for the FA Cup games and thanks to an excellent promotion of the deal we were rewarded with bumper crowds of 3,000.

He put brand-new seats in the Lorne St Hamil enclosure, which were sorely needed.

OK, he got rid of lifetime memberships and saved very little, wee'd all over Rob Page, steered experiences players out of the door, talked about a sweetie jar, employed a clearly useless manager and got hoodwinked by an agency into handing out huge sums of money to terribly-unsuited players but HEY! WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.

Lay off him, he's hurting as it is. Or rather, his wallet is.

If I was Synetics I would be put off buying Vale by all the nasty abuse Smurth has had by key board warriors on this platform. Even Synetics are asking fans to cool it. With most of you guys it is for sure that Synetics will get it in the neck if you are not happy with what they do. No human being should be abused the way some of you have done to Smurth, he has made big mistakes. He should expect a lot of criticism which he is getting in good measure but not outright abusive comments. With the current abuse in this media I wouldn't want to be an owner of the Vale!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I don't doubt he's disappointed - but he must have been off his head to do what he did with

a) taking on Bruno and

b) signing all that dross

However, he's never really expressed any regret over his handling of Rob Page's departure. It spoke volumes about the chairman's character and it was a really, really cheap trick. Some may feel karma came with relegation - unfortunately we're all victims of his karma if that's the case. Treating people right is ALWAYS the right way, but he seems to be almost sociopathic in his behaviour. I felt all along that he viewed mere fans an an annoying inconvenience, and don't get me started on his embarrassing "sweetie jar" nonsense.

If he's hurting, well join the club Norman. Four years ago we were on the up, with great occasions like Wolves and Coventry at home to look forward to. Now I can't bring myself to look at the Fourth Division clubs we'll be playing, because I know I'll be feeling so sad if I do.

The Rob Page thing was nothing to do with Smurf. Page walked as he saw an opportunity with a club that at the time were probably showing more resources in playing budget than the Vale. And given the way Smurf is Page would never know what would happen next, so Nothants maybe a safer option. All this Bull about him master plan to get Page to leave by lowering the budget is a load of rubbish. He was trying to save money it backfired and the rest as they say is history! IMHO

If I was Synetics I would be put off buying Vale by all the nasty abuse Smurth has had by key board warriors on this platform. Even Synetics are asking fans to cool it. With most of you guys it is for sure that Synetics will get it in the neck if you are not happy with what they do. No human being should be abused the way some of you have done to Smurth, he has made big mistakes. He should expect a lot of criticism which he is getting in good measure but not outright abusive comments. With the current abuse in this media I wouldn't want to be an owner of the Vale!

It never ceases to amaze me what people think you can be excused as a "mistake"! A mistake is forgetting your wallet, or buying full-fat instead of low-fat milk.

I've not once between abusive as I agree it's out of order. However if my posts are heavily infused with sarcasm then I make no apologies for that. His words and actions saw us relegated and who knows how long it will take to get back out of the basement ?

For the record, I don't give a toss about his lost money. He doesn't/didn't even give a toss about taking ours off us - how else can you explain the absolutely diabolical lack of letters/phone calls/ emails/ text messages to fans about season tickets / matchday tickets / special offers?

I simply couldn't imagine Synectics making such a balls-up of running a football club even if they tried.

I agree completely, too much hatred for Smurf. I am not a fan of his and he has made too many errors but some of the abuse is way too far!

This site is so jam packed with team Smurf people rimming his highness that it is a joke. He's a failure team Smurf. A failure. Failed failed failed failed. As failed as a very failed thing from the university of West Failure in Failure Land. With a First. In Failure Studies.

Cum Laude in "being a **** owner, blowing a load of cash and getting relegated".

The Rob Page thing was nothing to do with Smurf. Page walked as he saw an opportunity with a club that at the time were probably showing more resources in playing budget than the Vale. And given the way Smurf is Page would never know what would happen next, so Nothants maybe a safer option. All this Bull about him master plan to get Page to leave by lowering the budget is a load of rubbish. He was trying to save money it backfired and the rest as they say is history! IMHO

I think you need to read this article which which strongly incates Smurf had everything to do with the "Rob Page thing" and wanting him out. Smurf is some chess player.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-norman-smurthwaite-says-wanted-rob-page/story-29395908-detail/story.html

Archived