onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ambition?

RichG

And that is why you don't run a football club. Your aiming too high. We wouldn't get a sell on fee, he has only been with us for 18 months? It's got no ground and why restrict us singing 2/3 players and bedding them in?

In regards to your Brown comment we will agree to disagree.

Strange that we got one for Hugill then and you're right I am aiming too high, I much prefer the Conference North.

Advert

That's different circumstances with Hugil. We as a football club are in a different position. We won't agree on this subject it seems but I'm glad you kept it civil.

I myself aim for the highest possible place of football.

Onwards we shall go to League 1.

That's different circumstances with Hugil. We as a football club are in a different position. We won't agree on this subject it seems but I'm glad you kept it civil.

I myself aim for the highest possible place of football.

Onwards we shall go to League 1.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

What is the point in offering streete a deal? 130k wages, 10% of wage budget potentially. That's maybe 2-3 players in our league to gain what 50k-100k if we're lucky? Complete waste of time and effort and were restricting him from moving into a better club and playing at a higher level. It just doesn't make any sense at all for so little money involved. It's peanuts.

Did Michael brown have his own squad - No.

Did the Michael brown players put a good shift in - Yes

Did Michael brown improve the overall gameplay - yes

Tactically he could be questioned but in terms of pushing the players to their most he give it a good go. All ifs and buts with tactics but if your going to go out you mayswell doing it fighting.

What a load of drivel.

Did Michael Brown have his own squad, yes he signed 10 players. Add to that when new managers go into any club do they have their own squad, no. Do they still get results, yes. Do they blame the players for their inept tactics of one up front or playing **** over the hill signings instead of decent youngsters who you refuse to play because you didn't sign them.....

Did the Michael Brown players put a shift in. No. Brown himself said he was disappointed with them, as did fans who expected a brown team to work as hard as brown did and run through walls. He should have played himself instead of some of the crap we saw.

Did he improve the game play,are you ******* mental???? We scored one goal in 7 games. One goal, one ducking goal. Let that sink in. If that's an improvement well blow me. Woeful appointment. Already wasted half the budget on **** signings.

My main gripe with your drivel is your opening statement. Players like streete are worth 130k. Be it 10% of the budget or whatever. 50k signings won't get us out this league. We need to offer 100k-150k to attract quality, not run of the mill **** who will secure mid table obscurity. We could sign four players on 150k Then fill the other 10-12 positions with 50k average or even loan signings. A small squad of 18-20 with a togetherness is better than a squad of 30 many of whom know they won't play because they have 9 other players competing for their position.

And that is why you don't run a football club. Your aiming too high. We wouldn't get a sell on fee, he has only been with us for 18 months? It's got no ground and why restrict us singing 2/3 players and bedding them in?

In regards to your Brown comment we will agree to disagree.

Going to correct you here. If we had offered him at least the same terms, we would've been due compensation if he decided to sign for another club. The James Collins Shrewsbury/Swindon case is pretty much the same timeframe as Streete and Vale:

JAMES COLLINS

James Collins joined League Two club Shrewsbury Town as 21 year old striker in January 2011, having previously been an Aston Villa player (who made no first team appearances for Villa).

Quickly establishing himself as a first-team regular, James appeared 66 times in the League for Shrewsbury between 2011 and 2012, scoring 22 League goals. In the 2011/2012 season, Shrewsbury won promotion and James was their top scorer.

In the summer of 2012, only 18 months after signing for Shrewsbury, an out-of-contract James signed for Swindon Town, who themselves had just been promoted to League One.

The PFCC decided that Swindon Town should pay Shrewsbury an initial compensation fee of £140,000.

Additionally, further payments of £20,000 after 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances (totalling up to £80,000) would be due.

Swindon would also pay Shrewsbury 20% of any profit it makes from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

Going to correct you here. If we had offered him at least the same terms, we would've been due compensation if he decided to sign for another club. The James Collins Shrewsbury/Swindon case is pretty much the same timeframe as Streete and Vale:

JAMES COLLINS

James Collins joined League Two club Shrewsbury Town as 21 year old striker in January 2011, having previously been an Aston Villa player (who made no first team appearances for Villa).

Quickly establishing himself as a first-team regular, James appeared 66 times in the League for Shrewsbury between 2011 and 2012, scoring 22 League goals. In the 2011/2012 season, Shrewsbury won promotion and James was their top scorer.

In the summer of 2012, only 18 months after signing for Shrewsbury, an out-of-contract James signed for Swindon Town, who themselves had just been promoted to League One.

The PFCC decided that Swindon Town should pay Shrewsbury an initial compensation fee of £140,000.

Additionally, further payments of £20,000 after 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances (totalling up to £80,000) would be due.

Swindon would also pay Shrewsbury 20% of any profit it makes from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

You stole my very analogy! It's virtually the same and therefore bizarre we didn't match Streete's offer prior to wishing him well as he went.

For the Vale - it is just the same antics every year. Last minute deals at a lower rate and off they go. We seem to wait till the last minute to sign players and by then the quality players are signed up.

The club needs to sort out all the off pitch antics and find a buyer who could sort out all the departments and start pulling in the same direction. Then players may look at Vale as a stable club and sign for us, knowing the fans and board are working together and not bickering at each other.

For the Vale - it is just the same antics every year. Last minute deals at a lower rate and off they go. We seem to wait till the last minute to sign players and by then the quality players are signed up.

The club needs to sort out all the off pitch antics and find a buyer who could sort out all the departments and start pulling in the same direction. Then players may look at Vale as a stable club and sign for us, knowing the fans and board are working together and not bickering at each other.

I understand the owner had made him two offers to stay, the first just after Smith signed his deal. The three new guys then simply let him go, that's inexplicable.

What is the point in offering streete a deal? 130k wages, 10% of wage budget potentially. That's maybe 2-3 players in our league to gain what 50k-100k if we're lucky? Complete waste of time and effort and were restricting him from moving into a better club and playing at a higher level. It just doesn't make any sense at all for so little money involved. It's peanuts.

Did Michael brown have his own squad - No.

Did the Michael brown players put a good shift in - Yes

Did Michael brown improve the overall gameplay - yes

Tactically he could be questioned but in terms of pushing the players to their most he give it a good go. All ifs and buts with tactics but if your going to go out you mayswell doing it fighting.

Forget to ask , would we have been relegated if Brown had had Alnwick Grant and Jones in his side.

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived