onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Billy paynter anyone ?

Advert

Id have that dave tarpey from maidenhead but no doubt because he scored 40 goals plenty of teams would want him and you would have to pay a stupid high fee for him.

If we had a proper scouting network he'd have been watched regularly after his two performances against us last season. He's gone on and scored goals for fun this season and will no doubt end up at a league club this summer. It's safe to say it won't be us and it will be our loss.

did you go? i'm guessing not from those comments

vale got the game plan spot on, just didn't take the chances when they came. the first 45 minutes had to be all about not conceding, scoring one was always gonna be a big ask given the form but scoring 2 would have been impossible so what's the point in going there and going for it from the off. we'd have been relegated within 10 minutes.

vale flew out the traps for the first 10 - 15 minutes of the 2nd half so i don't know where you got the 'defend for 75 minutes' bit from. the closest we came to scoring was in that period when it nearly ricocheted in off of turner. then fleetwood had another spell of dominance before a final 10 - 15 where it was fairly end to end

Yep I went I sat just behind Rosler in their main stand. All the good for us came from ADF. I completely disagree we flew out of the traps second half. We had a couple of chances but ultimately we were poor and it took the second sub to create pretty much everything.

Probably a bit past his best if he can't get in Hartlepool's team, a good lad though but I'd rather remember him for his time with us first time around!

The young lad they brought on certainly changed the game for Hartlepool and to be able to have that impact at 18 is certainly no mean feat. Having said that he's only made a handful of appearances since January(could have been injured I don't know?) but I'd have to see more than just one game from a lad to know he can sustain it. He's at Pools permanently having moved from Sheff Wednesday in January, even if he signed for 6 months I'd guess he will command a small fee as long as Hartlepool offer him a contract(who'd be stupid enough not do that for one of their better players eh?!:unsure::ninja:)

Paynter played in the Tony Naylor charity game last summer. Got chatting to him in the bar after the game and he said NS has spoken to him about coming back for this season that just finished, but he said having heard lots of bad press on NS decided not to take it any further. Wonder how many others didn't sign because of our ex Chairman!

Yep I went I sat just behind Rosler in their main stand. All the good for us came from ADF. I completely disagree we flew out of the traps second half. We had a couple of chances but ultimately we were poor and it took the second sub to create pretty much everything.

we were poor? no ****! we went into the last day of the season in the relegation zone playing the 3rd best team in the league away from home - were you expecting brazil to turn up?!

that doesn't alter the fact that the game plan was correct and gave us the best chance of survival on the day

Archived