onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Boot & Dan Turner

pjg1876

We need to sign a 20 goal a season striker & a 10-15 goal striker, then alongside Turner who has shown clear potential that he will go on to play at a higher level and Reggie who can be useful if we play to his strengths.

Advert

Boot will start the season as a back up to a new 1st choice keeper, and will compete for starting place, as Michael Brown has shown he isn't afraid to play the younger players unlike previous managers.

Wasn't it Brown who bought in Fasan in January then signed Memet soon after.

Obviously he didn't rate Boot then.

Not the signings we,ve been expecting.If Boot wasn't good enough when Alnick left how can he be offered a contract.Next it will be Sam Kelly,Scott Tanser and JJ Hooper.What about Bikey and Eagles.Looks like we are starting where we left off.

How much will the club be worth in the conference.

Synetics must be worried they will withdraw their offer.

Give him chance, the season isn't finished yet and most players' contracts run out end of June. I think we'll start to see a new squad take shape then.

Wasn't it Brown who bought in Fasan in January then signed Memet soon after.

Obviously he didn't rate Boot then.

Signed Fasan on transfer deadline day as a replacement for Alnwick.

Then he signed a highly rated Mehmet in March on a short term deal to see what he was like with the view for him to become the number 1 for next season

How many goals has Turner scored since making the first team? Boot looked nervy when playing with the first team. Neither of them instil me with confidence.

Turner has only started three matches - and was undeservedly subbed at 60 mins to be replaced by Hooper in two of those three matches.

Turner looks far more likely to score than Hooper & Forrester combined!

Turner has only started three matches - and was undeservedly subbed at 60 mins to be replaced by Hooper in two of those three matches.

Turner looks far more likely to score than Hooper & Forrester combined!

I couldn't agree more re Hooper and Forrester but that is a very low starting point for choosing Turner.

I don't know why some people are getting upset about this.

Boot will be 2nd choice at best and Turner will be a squad player next season, and looks to have a higher ceiling than Cicilia. You can't realistically go out and sign 25+ new players!

I don't know why some people are getting upset about this.

Boot will be 2nd choice at best and Turner will be a squad player next season, and looks to have a higher ceiling than Cicilia. You can't realistically go out and sign 25+ new players!

Agree.

These are players to be developed.

It is when Brown starts signing first team players that we will have some idea of the quality available for next season.

Give it a couple of months before starting to form an opinion.

Agree.

These are players to be developed.

It is when Brown starts signing first team players that we will have some idea of the quality available for next season.

Give it a couple of months before starting to form an opinion.

Exactly. If these two, and Reeves, are all going straight into our first 11 then we should all be worried. But common sense tells me that they won't be.

I too am staggered at some of the comments on here about three home grown talents - and talents they are, don't forget they are very young, Dan Turner is 18 and with hardly any experience aquitted himself admirably as a lone striker up against David Wheater after Big Veg did his brainless Harlem Globetrotters impression.

These lads will get better.

I remember my mate arguing with a bloke in the Bycars when Robbie Earle was a young lad and this bloke was giving him dog's abuse for being 'crap'. Well look how that turned out, my mate isn't a footballing genius he could just see that Robbie had talent and recognised he wasn't the finished article.

Boot, Reeves and Turner will most likely play bit parts as they develop and are unlikely to be mainstays of the first team in August.

I'm really glad we've signed them up, they're three of our own!

The judgement is whether these players will improve. In Boots case he seemed to lack judgement on coming out and that is an experience issues rather than an ability issue. Playing in League 2 is a better intermediate stage or development platform from the academy / reserve team level.

I went to watch Tranmere v Aldershot yesterday with my friend in the National League playoff game. Looking at the teams in League 2 I think if we can sort ownership we can assemble a team to compete at the top of that, but Tranmere are a club that could compete with us on the basis of a regular 5,000 crowd (10,000 plus there yesterday) if they come up. I thought they have quite a bit of rebuilding to do, there is a substantial talent gap even between our team just relegated and their current level.

That said what did strike me was a greater willingness to get stuck in and I feel that was missing from Vale in midfield quite a lot of last season.

Archived