onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

Advert

I don't get how he wins from charging rent to the football club. He's robbing himself to pay himself. It doesn't make any sense. Unless he's got some kind of intricate tax plan, he'd be increasing his tax bill as well.

So Smurthwaite is just going to let the club fund itself with no input from himself,so if the club fails and goes into admin he will lose whatever he reckons he has put in.

Therefore why not take a considered decision and sell to for a sensible offer, yes he may lose some money but doing it his way he could lose the lot.

Finally I have to say I have seen more genuine heartfelt apologies, the apology in the statement my opinion is mealy mouthed, taking as much notice of how he felt over the last 3 months and paying lip service to his debacle in last summer.

Sorry I have no sympathy for him, and now the dangerous beast will do its worst.

its going to take a hell of a lot more than a watered down statement which is very vague and underwhelming to get me forking out an exorbitant amount of cash to watch football in a **** league. a hell of a lot more. actions speak louder than words were no better off right now than we were 3 hours ago . what a mess

Problem is now, if as a club we are running only of the money generated, we will go into admin with that attitude.

A nothing statement that tells us nothing new, other than he definitely wont be going to the games.

We cant judge this as being a good or bad revelation until we see how he proceeds in the sale of the club.

If he has any respect for the club and the fans, he will wipe out the losses of his own making and sell at a reasonable price.

I fear what he will actually do, is insist on making back every penny (even though the valuation doesn't support that), which wont happen easily, further driving the club into a more negative position.

The statement stinks of Norman saying to Colin, "You write the statement and release it, I dont give a f**k about them and what they think of me, I have never lost on a deal and I will ruin this club before I start"

yeah well unfortunately ive got better things to spend my cash on. and besides....the players dont come to see me when im bad :angry:

Unfortunately the attitude of many now. The path is clear to see. Don't kick up a fuss when we cease to exist. I don't want it to be the case, and won't tell you how to spend your own money but that's the truth of it now.

Don't blame him for stepping down and I don't blame him for not putting anymore money into the club the fan's have given him that much abuse over the month's he's done what the fan's wanted and stepped down so it's up to them now.

What will come first? Brown`s Retention/Release statement or Garlick`s financial statement? Budget based on known income streams i.e. FL/TV payments etc plus projected att/ST income, commercial forecast etc. Rental of stadium? Will the rumoured director(s) financial input be included? Or were they some of a local consortium to take over the club?

Archived