onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

It's the first correct step towards a rebuild for us, & I'm glad he's apologised, but there's a long, long way to go yet.

Does leave a few big questions hanging, such as what will be his financial input going forward? Are we to survive on no further funds from him, or will he continue to subsidise whilst still the owner?

if he doesn't continue to fund the club then garlik wont have any other option but to place the club into administration.:sad:

Advert

I appreciate the apology but this is realistically the worst case scenario. We now officially have no chairman, no manager and 9 players - most of whom are crap or injured. I was hoping Smurth would either sell up or announce that he intended to fund a promotion campaign as an apology. Instead it looks like he as lost interest and is happy to let the club rot.

"One thing I didn't like was the statement: "Under normal circumstances that’s how I would be thinking today wanting to roll my sleeves up, plan and fund our way back to League 1 next season. Sadly, due the environment of the last few months, I do not feel that is now possible."

This, to me, is one last dig at the fans. Not needed."

He is right though. People have been very critical of him and most want him out. Most have got what they want.

The most important thing for me is that he finds a buyer with funds who will pay a sensible price quickly so that we don't **** up next season too. If we have another failure like this season, we will be in the non-league circles very very quickly with a long way back.

Good statement and just hope things are sorted early and not left till the last minute like Vale seems to do previously. Thanks to Smurf for saving our club in the first place, but in the end inexperience of football matters took its toll and decisions made caused our club to be relegated.

First thing which needs to be done is to quickly get the board sorted to run the club.

Then name the new manager (bound to be Brown - cheapest option) so they can get things running player wise.

This will allow the new manager or Brown to bring in his team, look at the squad and make decisions on who is being kept, new contracts being offered and who can be released.

This allows them to Get rid of the players Brown, sorry new manager will never use and recruit new players. Hope this stage is done quickly, so we can get a good pre-season training and the best players to allow us to get out of Div 2 on the first attempt, rather than this is the pool of players what's left guys.

Good luck to all those involved in building our great club.

This is probably the worst possible outcome of the way the supporters have treated Smurf in the last few months.

The budget is going to be cut dramatically.

He won't put a penny more in, so it won't be a huge concern of his to sell up. He will wait out until he gets an offer that suits him and NOT the club.

Garick will have his hands tied.

No snappy decisions with regards to the new season.

All we can hope is that Synetics do actually want to buy the club and move swiftly.

I was just going write exactly the same. This is really bad news for next season unless there is a sale about to go through within the next few weeks. This means we will have a terrible budget in L2 as this statement basically says he is washing his hands of it all now. No one will sign of any decent quality as they are unsure as to the future of the club. It is his last hurrah to mess the club up once and for all probably brought on by all the hater's he has, guess he does not want the grief anymore and wont care what happens to us. I was hoping the announcement was going to be we are sold or he is staying and determined to write his wrongs and get up back up, this is not good at all!

He is right though. People have been very critical of him and most want him out. Most have got what they want.

He's not gone. The toy is still his, but he's not playing with it, but more importantly he's not letting anyone else.

I want him out of the room, out of the house not just the chair holding us to ransom.

Sell the club, lock, stock & barrel.

The owner needs to realise that his Separating the club from the ground is another big mistake. He just needs to sell the the full package of club, ground , shop etc as the value is going to just plummet as the club sinks further.

Smurfwaite still appears not to realise that letting Pope go without getting in a similar level replacement has cost him big time. I just hope we dont bring Adams back.

The sad thing is that we should never have been put in this situation.

This time last year after a steady yet unspectacular season of progression we would never have guessed the mess we'd be in now.

He's not gone. The toy is still his, but he's not playing with it, but more importantly he's not letting anyone else.

I want him out of the room, out of the house not just the chair holding us to ransom.

Sell the club, lock, stock & barrel.

Surely this is the first step? Hes stood down, he isnt going to let his investment potentially disappear so he has to keep funding the club or he loses more. I would expect a quick sale as the longer it goes on the more he stands to lose.

This is probably the worst possible outcome of the way the supporters have treated Smurf in the last few months.

The budget is going to be cut dramatically.

He won't put a penny more in, so it won't be a huge concern of his to sell up. He will wait out until he gets an offer that suits him and NOT the club.

Garick will have his hands tied.

No snappy decisions with regards to the new season.

All we can hope is that Synetics do actually want to buy the club and move swiftly.

I agree, but think he will put more money in, if he doesnt and the bills arent paid and admin happens , he stands to lose more than anyone, that wont happen.

I tend to agree.

I think we're now caught between the devil and the deep blue sea as we're in a state of flux and insecurity, not knowing what the future holds but clear that our current owner won't put right his mistakes on the field and fund a promotion push.

He is right about losing fans' confidence and I guess we'll lose yet another 500 fans at least next season.

I'm not impressed by what he's said. Many of us could have told him it was a huge risk and a terrible mistake last summer but he doesn't listen to anyone. It's not loyalty to staff that is his weakness but pig-headed arrogance and a refusal to listen to people who know about how football works and an acceptance that you can't always be right.

The statement doesn't encourage me one iota. He's cocked it up and now he's taking a step back and letting us stew until he's got most of his money back.

Archived