onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Season Ticket Incentives

Advert

I'd like to see something like the 5000 pledge under V2001(for me it was probably the best idea in there whole tenure on the back of the relegation).

It got people interested again and didn't we shift nearly 6500 in the end? The sad think was V2001 went and ballsed the whole thing up within 10 games by firing Sinnott and appointing Glover as his successor.

I'm not sure 100 quid would be sustainable this time but surely somewhere between 150-200?? £340 or whatever it is currently, is shocking for a 4th tier season ticket when you can get one at Stoke for less than 300 for Premiership.

Otherwise I reckon we're probably looking at 2.5K ST holders and low gates, a lot of people(myself included) will buy the 10 game tickets again(if available?) and pick and chose their games at best!

I do agree with stupers though I'm not the club is capable of launching something like this in the current state!:sad:

It would need to be set up extremely quickly (This week) and have the full force of the club behind it. I'm not sure the club is capable of leading a big promotion like this right now.

We have to decide what's the least worst scenario. Work backwards, start with a reasonable target in terms of total revenue and then a realistic number of season ticket holders to aim for.

That lad Alex knows what he's doing so we ought to have a half decent social media strategy to promote it at least.

I'd like to see something like the 5000 pledge under V2001(for me it was probably the best idea in there whole tenure on the back of the relegation).

It got people interested again and didn't we shift nearly 6500 in the end? The sad think was V2001 went and ballsed the whole thing up within 10 games by firing Sinnott and appointing Glover as his successor.

I'm not sure 100 quid would be sustainable this time but surely somewhere between 150-200?? £340 or whatever it is currently, is shocking for a 4th tier season ticket when you can get one at Stoke for less than 300 for Premiership.

Otherwise I reckon we're probably looking at 2.5K ST holders and low gates, a lot of people(myself included) will buy the 10 game tickets again(if available?) and pick and chose their games at best!

I do agree with stupers though I'm not the club is capable of launching something like this in the current state!:sad:

I agree,Pledge 5000 is the way to go.It's been mentioned many times on here over the last few months and would be a success in my opinion like before.

Just needs promoting correctly through as many channels as possible.

Over to you Colin.

Are you really being critical of someone who goes to every match, spent thousands on a lifetime ticket, was promised it would be honoured and then found out this would not be the case?

How can you be positive about that situation? I'm surprised Jacko didn't simply turn her back on the club at that point, many would've.

I'm sure Jacko would agree nobody's above criticism.

2.5K season tickets? That's 200 more than we sold this season.

OK I honestly didn't know what we'd sold this season so we're probably looking at around 2000 who will renew whatever then maybe slightly less(depending on how many more Norm has peed off!!).

The point still stands though based on our average home gates I reckons we've always got around 2-2.5K(maybe even pushing 3K) regular fans who will go to most games(obviously not all are ST holders and then will always be a cross over of 500-1000 people) then it's building on that and getting those who like myself who will by a 10 game ticket to re-invest in a ST for another £50 say.

Selling max 2000. I reckon about 1500. On that you are looking at anywhere between 500k and 700k.

Target 5000 at 200 quid a pop.

That's a million quid.

Hell, if Bratt and co could sell 6500 after a relegation, then anything possible.

My fear is that they don't want supporters. Norman just wants to run the club into oblivion now.

I said just go for £230. £10 a game, you've got your advertising line straight away. Even if you sell 3,000 you've made what we would have done this year. However this is something you think about in November, not May.

We won't do anything because it'll be 'too much hassle' to refund the 50 people who've already bought one. Sigh.

Selling max 2000. I reckon about 1500. On that you are looking at anywhere between 500k and 700k.

Target 5000 at 200 quid a pop.

That's a million quid.

Hell, if Bratt and co could sell 6500 after a relegation, then anything possible.

My fear is that they don't want supporters. Norman just wants to run the club into oblivion now.

Totally agree mate on the first 3 points, as much as I feel pretty non-plussed about Vale and have done for the last 2 seasons I'd most definately invest in one for 200 quid.

Even the worst case scenario when you look at the probable make up of League Two next season there are a good 3/4 of the division that don't have a prayer of getting 2000 ST holders to start with. Obviously there are a lot more variables on how teams perform in a season than just fanbase but Vale have that starting point to build on!

Archived