onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegated!!!

1977Valiant

The players are not to blame. They were put into a situation not of their making and generally tried hard and did their best. It's not effort that is the problem but quality and skill and class.

We had only one player on the pitch yesterday who might have created something out of nothing and that was Eagles. Until we have 3-4 players like that in our team we'll struggle.

It's been a lack of class and quality that has killed us this season. We've badly missed game changers like Marshall & Dodds. We've got a lot of honest journeymen but no more than that.

Advert

Goalscoring has been a massive problem all season. Says it all that Jones was our top scorer with 9 goals and he left in January! Then after that the next top goalscorers are Streete and Smith.

This NEEDS to be addressed in the summer.

Matt Godden - 25yo, 20 goals in 33 games for Stevenage this season in L2. Livewire poacher.

Billy Kee - 26yo, 28 goals in 78 apps for Accrington. Big, strong, powerful striker we've lacked since Pope left.

This should be our strikeforce next season.

Goalscoring has been a massive problem all season. Says it all that Jones was our top scorer with 9 goals and he left in January! Then after that the next top goalscorers are Streete and Smith.

This NEEDS to be addressed in the summer.

Matt Godden - 25yo, 20 goals in 33 games for Stevenage this season in L2. Livewire poacher.

Billy Kee - 26yo, 28 goals in 78 apps for Accrington. Big, strong, powerful striker we've lacked since Pope left.

This should be our strikeforce next season.

Billy Kee is a short arse with a weight problem!

What a season of missed opportunities--and not only in front of goal! Off the pitch, mistakes that have been well-documented abounded. On the pitch, too many square pegs in round holes and the lack of inspired leadership, led to our demise.

The sad thing is that a few weeks ago I am on record as predicting that 52-53 points would have been enough to stay up--in fact I was one out--51 would have been sufficient! The even sadder thing is that if we had shown the application and resilliance apparent in the last 2 games during the previous 5 matches, again we wouldn't have been relegated.

However, football always has been, and, always will be a game of 'ifs,buts and maybes'so let's hope that next season will see a complete transformation both on and off-field and much more consistent results in both areas. Have a good summer, enjoy the cricket and upwards and onwards toward season 2017/18.

What a season of missed opportunities--and not only in front of goal! Off the pitch, mistakes that have been well-documented abounded. On the pitch, too many square pegs in round holes and the lack of inspired leadership, led to our demise.

The sad thing is that a few weeks ago I am on record as predicting that 52-53 points would have been enough to stay up--in fact I was one out--51 would have been sufficient! The even sadder thing is that if we had shown the application and resilliance apparent in the last 2 games during the previous 5 matches, again we wouldn't have been relegated.

However, football always has been, and, always will be a game of 'ifs,buts and maybes'so let's hope that next season will see a complete transformation both on and off-field and much more consistent results in both areas. Have a good summer, enjoy the cricket and upwards and onwards toward season 2017/18.

You have a good summer also ,and hopefully

all will be sorted by August . I'm signing off till August. UTV

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Wow! Calling seasoned, loyal away supporters 'sad acts' :ohmy: That's one I haven't heard before.

If they think its worthy of applause then I think its best I move away from all this. It cleary isn't for me because I obviously expect something different from everyone else when someone is wearing a Port Vale top.

Archived