onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall Opposing Views

Hi,

Due to operational timings Rob won't have time to upload these as a feature prior to the game so please find enclosed content in the thread.

Views are shared by three forum members of the upthesaddlers.com website;

1.Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?

EXILE - WFC for life, live in NZ, one game every few years.

LEICS_SADDLER - The artist formerly known as Leics_Saddler. Suitably patchy supporter since 1979. It's not Wolves, I don't have to go.

‪CHUNKSTER – I am a former football hooligan and I used to love the battles between us and port vale

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)

EXILE - We're doing great not to be relegated as usual, but it's disappointing not to be promoted, everyone hates mid table mediocrity.

LEICS_SADDLER - I think we'll finish anywhere between 12th and 14th. Our chairman couldn't give a monkey's as long as it's between 8th and 20th.

‪CHUNKSTER – We are a lot higher in the league than i expected us to be after appointing our physio to be our manager, and we will finish in mid table mediocrity as we will next season etc.

3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?

EXILE - They're all on holiday so fill your boots.

LEICS_SADDLER - Your keeper should definitely watch out for Kieron Morris, as he'll probably end up with bruised hands. Jackson will give the linesman arm strain if he plays.

‪CHUNKSTER – Watch out for our groundsman. he is lethal with his colt suffolk lol oh and ozy our Turkish messi.

4. What are your thoughts on your manager?

EXILE - He could be a lot worse.

LEICS_SADDLER - He's a nice man, he has a lot to learn about management though. This is a pity as he is the manager.

‪CHUNKSTER – The jury is still out on JW, i just hope he has learnt a lot from this season, because i really do not want to wait another 4 years for him to get it half right and then **** off to pastures new

5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?

EXILE - a - the squad eat pot noodles for luck before every game. b - Walsall owner Jeff Bonser is an international Sudoku champion, he's so good with numbers. c - our stadium is built on a recycled sewage pond.

LEICS_SADDLER - i. We've scored more points in D3 than anyone else - ever. ii. Our stadium is like Glanford Park - without the architectural merit or cost efficiencies. iii. We've got an Afghanistan international, one of many reasons we have so many games in hand like this one.

‪CHUNKSTER – We hold the record for goals scored 12 and goals scored against again 12 in a league game. we are called the saddlers because of the saddle and leather industry in Walsall. we can't defend against corners or free kicks.

6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?

EXILE - You're nothing to me, sorry!

LEICS_SADDLER - The most exciting thing is that David Kelly is your AM. He was ours for a week too.

‪CHUNKSTER – No not really

7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?

EXILE - Nope, but thanks for the points!

LEICS_SADDLER - No. Your defence must be terrible to keep playing Jackson onside, it's no wonder you were thrashed 1-0.

CHUNKSTER – No because I can't run or fight as well as I could when I was a teenager.

8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?

EXILE - Here's been some drama over the years, but nowt memorable. Do you want Neil Etheridge?

LEICS_SADDLER - My most amusing memory of Port Vale matches was when Ron Futcher headed a muddy ball, which left a perfect mark on his slaphead, complete with hexagons.

‪CHUNKSTER – n/a.

9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what you think the attendance might be?

EXILE - 7-0 all goals from Makris (watch out for him). Attendance 3900 plus whatever you lot bring.

LEICS_SADDLER - They've had a rocket up the arse after walking round for 90 minutes at Wasps, so it'll be 0-0 or 5-0, depending on whether they care or not. Expect Whitney to be so furious that he names an unchanged side - again. That'll show 'em.

‪CHUNKSTER – I can see port vale winning after saturdays performance because you will want it more than us I will say 0-2 and 5,500 attendance.

10. Any recommendations of places to park, good eateries and pubs to drink in pre and post match?

EXILE - Park at the retail centre by the ground, it's dead safe. Drinks at the supporters club in the ground. They only exclude home fans!

LEICS_SADDLER - You might as well park at the ground and go in the club. No home fans will be in there, apart from some old bloke going on about chips. Other than that it'll be complete apathy. You'll have to bring your own oatcakes.

CHUNKSTER – Park round by the RAC its only about a 5 min walk, the fulbrook on the broadway is a pub and indian restaurant winner.

Advert

Archived