onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics are still interested

Hagrid

What Norman said and what actually happened may not be the same thing. Also, wasn't there a confidentiality clause in place?

Does make you wonder about Norman doesn't it.

Exactly my point Jacko, if it's public Norman can't say or do anything as we will already know the facts.

When he's put 3m + or whatever it was not really. Perhaps he enjoys a day at Wembley for the cup final or the chairman's dinner, or it's an egotistical thing, which ever way, it's not for financial gain!

Advert

Whoever owns the Vale, sooner or later the fans will start to get on their back when things don't run 100% smoothly.

Is it passion from the Vale fans or just interfering? Fans seem to think they have some God given right to get involved in the running of the club because they pay to watch a match. I pay to watch a film at the Cinema, if I don't enjoy the film I don't start demanding the owner of Odeon sells the place.

You've only proven your not a fan.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

My understanding is that Norman would not supply enough information to complete the due diligence so they were advised not to proceed until such info had been supplied. This was also the case with another potential buyer. Both parties paid the exclusivity payment.

SS Ltd is a very professional business. They would be good for Vale in the long term in my opinion. They may not have £millions to throw at the club, or waste as they have done this year, but i guarantee that the exec boxes would be full, off the field activity would be more profitable and they would get the Vale back into the community.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

If I had made an exclusivity payment and was not supplied with the full information I would be asking for my money back and the club might be appearing on Cant Pay We'll Take it Away. So cant see how this was the case.

If I had made an exclusivity payment and was not supplied with the full information I would be asking for my money back and the club might be appearing on Cant Pay We'll Take it Away. So cant see how this was the case.

Give it a go Nick. I know you can afford it and you could show every one how it should be done

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Where Smurthwaite's concerned I'd rather watch "Can't pay, we'll take him away".

I know I am probably going to be shot down for this, but please be sure I aren't particularly a Norman fan one way or the other. I really only want my team to succeed and do things in a more careful manner to ultimately protect the longevity of the club for generations to come.

Norman has made some mistakes let's not argue about that, but are they as bad as some others have done in football? At the start of Norman's reign I was personally quite inspired by his approach which ended in us being promoted and let's not forget, Normans own cash gave us the boost at the time to cross the line, by funding some good signings.

At the start of this season too, I for one liked that we were trying something different as did many of the fans I know. I think we all are saddened how it's turned out, probably non more than Norman himself.

Now let's look at next season because I think this one is over and relegation is all but done.

If Norman wants to stay, as long as he starts to operate again to galavansise the fans I personally would support him.

He should come out and say how bad he feels about the relegation, just as all we do. Talk up looking for a quality manager and provide sufficient funds for him to clear out the squad and bring in some quality league 2 players. It's so clear that when a board, managers and players are all pulling together, in the main clubs progress.

Personally, it won't take much and Norman can bring everything together and get us back to league 1 in 12 months.

Otherwise, if we keep on battling against him I can see our club disappearing into oblivion and never returning for our future generations.

I am tired of all this, I just want to see everyone pulling together so I can enjoy my match days as I used too.

Is this too much to ask ?

Even more so when its rumoured it has been done more than once.

We are not going to get a billionnaire to buy Vale. We have a man who is reportedly a multi-millionnaire in charge who promised us the earth and look what's happened. Orient have a man who is a multi-millionnaire who promised the earth and look what's happened. Money is only part of the answer. Common sense, business acumen and integrity are equally as important.

Money is only part of the answer I agree, it is just do we want a sensible buisness model like Crewe and just end up stuck in League Two for eternity, especially since the other team in the smallest city to support 2 teams have been in the premiership for a while now. As future generations grow up with the choice of a possible non league Vale with some of the poorest facilities even in our current league. Or the oppurtunity of premiership football to follow PVFC will lose out. For a better future for PVFC we need to be at least Championship with modern facilities.

Yes money is part of the answer, but a sensible buisness model and a club just stagnating in probably L2 and the dropping out of the league and then the cutting down of the budgets. The club may as well pack it all in now. WE need drive and ambition.

Money is only part of the answer I agree, it is just do we want a sensible buisness model like Crewe and just end up stuck in League Two for eternity, especially since the other team in the smallest city to support 2 teams have been in the premiership for a while now. As future generations grow up with the choice of a possible non league Vale with some of the poorest facilities even in our current league. Or the oppurtunity of premiership football to follow PVFC will lose out. For a better future for PVFC we need to be at least Championship with modern facilities.

Yes money is part of the answer, but a sensible buisness model and a club just stagnating in probably L2 and the dropping out of the league and then the cutting down of the budgets. The club may as well pack it all in now. WE need drive and ambition.

I agree of course we need drive and ambition, and cash to boot.

But we also need a sense of unity. Something that in reality hasn't be evident for some years followingthe V2001 fiasco.

Let's hope we can get all the above before it's too late.

I know I am probably going to be shot down for this, but please be sure I aren't particularly a Norman fan one way or the other. I really only want my team to succeed and do things in a more careful manner to ultimately protect the longevity of the club for generations to come.

Norman has made some mistakes let's not argue about that, but are they as bad as some others have done in football? At the start of Norman's reign I was personally quite inspired by his approach which ended in us being promoted and let's not forget, Normans own cash gave us the boost at the time to cross the line, by funding some good signings.

At the start of this season too, I for one liked that we were trying something different as did many of the fans I know. I think we all are saddened how it's turned out, probably non more than Norman himself.

Now let's look at next season because I think this one is over and relegation is all but done.

If Norman wants to stay, as long as he starts to operate again to galavansise the fans I personally would support him.

He should come out and say how bad he feels about the relegation, just as all we do. Talk up looking for a quality manager and provide sufficient funds for him to clear out the squad and bring in some quality league 2 players. It's so clear that when a board, managers and players are all pulling together, in the main clubs progress.

Personally, it won't take much and Norman can bring everything together and get us back to league 1 in 12 months.

Otherwise, if we keep on battling against him I can see our club disappearing into oblivion and never returning for our future generations.

I am tired of all this, I just want to see everyone pulling together so I can enjoy my match days as I used too.

Is this too much to ask ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

If Smurthwaite runs his other ventures the way he has run this club, then he can consider himself very lucky to be a multi-millionaire. He's put nothing in place that helps the club to be self sufficient, he's alienated and customers, staff, and media and he's done nothing to motivate or encourage new and existing fans. But the saddest thing about his tenure is that he's made me lose interest in the club I've followed since 1983.

You're in la la land mate.

He doesn't care about you or the football club one iota. All he cares about is profit. Nice new Tesla, Norman.

He proves time and time again that he is a complete incompetent in general, never mind football club owner.

His greed and pig ignorance relegated us when Moussallati and the Norwegians proposed absolute B0LL0CKS in millions of profit on signing European youth players. Gorm went for it hook line and sinker. We are now relegated back to division 4 for god knows how long. He alienates everyone around him. He takes the **** out of customers by posting on here as Penny Black and on Torquay's forum as Mushroom, go and have a look what he was posting on there.

He doesn't understand football at all and never will. People who don't understand football should not own football clubs.

I wouldn't trust him to run a bath without starting a ******* fire instead.

Exactly my point Jacko, if it's public Norman can't say or do anything as we will already know the facts.

When he's put 3m + or whatever it was not really. Perhaps he enjoys a day at Wembley for the cup final or the chairman's dinner, or it's an egotistical thing, which ever way, it's not for financial gain!

The only evidence we have of Norman's £3.7 million is him. The accounts tell us nothing.

Archived