onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite

Beza

He cant win because he makes bad decisions but expects fans to just swallow it and keep paying without saying... if you made the same wrong decisions running your business would you expect to lose customers, lose money, get complaints?

I don't have 4000 customers looking over my shoulders examining and critiscising every thing I do and yes I do make mistakes as every body does from time to time thats the difference!

Running a football club is very similar to running the country its politics all the time there's always someone who could do it better!! and we have our fair share of busybody's who think they know best!!

It's nothing like running a country, as for one if it was Smurthwaite would have been voted out some time ago. If he had run the club professionally, like other similar clubs to the Vale are, no one would be that bothered. But he hasn't John and all your putdowns of people calling them Know it alls and now busy bodies, won't alter the facts of the matter.

We have stumbled from one episode to another with, it seems, no end in sight. Why should any fan just sit idly by if they think something is wrong? They have the right to complain, pass comment, stop attending and do you know what? fans do that at every other football club in the land.

We have as much right to complain as you have to blindly back someone, but at least if some of us are having a dig we back it up with reasons why. You can't give a single reason as to why you still back Norman, all you can do is abuse others who disagree with you. Its very sad to see John, especially when you did so much to get rid of the last lot. Norman has us in a far worse position on paper and in reality than Bratt and Co ever got us into. We averaged better home gates when we were starving MOLD out for one yet you still come up with excuses as to why that is other than the real reason, the man at the top.

Advert

What a total mess, I hadn't logged on last night and see this on my lunch and makes me sick to the core.

I love this club, i travelled up and down the land following it, travelled 120 mile round trips for home games, travelled just to buy the new shirt when it comes out etc. I am one of thousands who have this love for our football club and it seems like its being treated like a game or toy.

I've lost so much enthusiasm which a few months ago seemed impossible such is my obsessiveness with the club. I just feel like slumping against a wall i find it so mentally draining to keep up with the chaos that goes on. Breaks my heart, really really breaks my heart all this. Genuinely fear the club will die and a huge part of many lives will be lost for good.

I don't know if Smurf reads the posts, if he is posting on here but man think about the value of this club to so many people, this club has been around for 141 years, been in people's blood and their parents blood etc., this isn't fun for the genuine people who it is hurting, the people who care for it and the effort of the fans over the years at various times to help it survive.

Really gutted at this and reading that posted over the last 24 hours has pushed me over the edge with it.

Yeah, I read through all 70+ pages today to see if I've missed anything important, but it really does make for awful reading. Very messy, too many snippets of information being thrown around, no idea what to believe & incredibly difficult to fully understand everything that has gone on, with possibly a few too many businesses/people involved & uncertainties surrounding them all too.

Just has the V2001 feel of it all over again. I can't imagine what the full timeline of events would look like since I started supporting us (2001). Pretty sure it'd make a good film though.

People forget that PVFC is in itself a business. Why can't it run itself? Why does it have to be propped up by anybody elses money? If we had a thousand more folk through the gate and a marketing team who could utilise all the clubs resources why can't we at least break even and be competitive? My point was a local business met his asking price, why would he prefer to put the club in admin under those circumstances and lose a large percentage of his directors loans?

This.

All we want is someone with half a brain cell to come in and run the club in a sensible manner. If it means we're self sufficient and mid table in League Two, so be it. As long as there's a plan and not just an idiot throwing money into a black hole and adding it to the asking price when he sells.

What a total mess, I hadn't logged on last night and see this on my lunch and makes me sick to the core.

I love this club, i travelled up and down the land following it, travelled 120 mile round trips for home games, travelled just to buy the new shirt when it comes out etc. I am one of thousands who have this love for our football club and it seems like its being treated like a game or toy.

I've lost so much enthusiasm which a few months ago seemed impossible such is my obsessiveness with the club. I just feel like slumping against a wall i find it so mentally draining to keep up with the chaos that goes on. Breaks my heart, really really breaks my heart all this. Genuinely fear the club will die and a huge part of many lives will be lost for good.

I don't know if Smurf reads the posts, if he is posting on here but man think about the value of this club to so many people, this club has been around for 141 years, been in people's blood and their parents blood etc., this isn't fun for the genuine people who it is hurting, the people who care for it and the effort of the fans over the years at various times to help it survive.

Really gutted at this and reading that posted over the last 24 hours has pushed me over the edge with it.

How do you think those who were over the edge a couple of years ago and were abused instead of listened to feel?

Yeah, I read through all 70+ pages today to see if I've missed anything important, but it really does make for awful reading. Very messy, too many snippets of information being thrown around, no idea what to believe & incredibly difficult to fully understand everything that has gone on, with possibly a few too many businesses/people involved & uncertainties surrounding them all too.

Just has the V2001 feel of it all over again. I can't imagine what the full timeline of events would look like since I started supporting us (2001). Pretty sure it'd make a good film though.

Same timescale as me for supporting the club as in going to games! Not been great has it :(

Can't disagree with any of that really at all. Its definitely the way to put it and to try to reach out to him rather than simply abuse him day in day out that would make anyone dig in their heels.

How do you think those who were over the edge a couple of years ago and were abused instead of listened to feel?

I wasn't involved in that so cant comment on it but can understand your frustration. We have to remember as fans we have one thing in common, a love for the club to survive and be a success and need to stick together.

I don't have 4000 customers looking over my shoulders examining and critiscising every thing I do and yes I do make mistakes as every body does from time to time thats the difference!

He knew what he was taking on and by taking it on basically said "I'm up to this"..so if he isn't then that's his own fault. if he didn't know the job he was taking on then that too is his own fault

No one forced him to buy the club

Really Norman has gone past the point of no return.

There is no way he could carry on running the club following the bollo**s he has dropped this season.

The worst thing is that he has the money and supposedly business sense to have made a success.

He now seems to be clutching at straws and turned on the fans for the failings of his own making.

He is now blaming the fans and I suppose Michael Brown for the position we are in.He still won't admit it is his own fault for demolishing what he had. Most fans wanted him to be successful and take Vale into the championship but he failed miserably.

Am I right in thinking that the original 1.2 million he paid for the club is included in the so called loans and not additional to them.

This means he can reduce the asking price to a reasonable amount rather than the Micky Mouse price he is expecting.

Exactly you donut. I'll repeat myself...

IF, AFTER HE SAID HE'D ONLY SELL TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE, HE DECIDES TO SELL TO A HEDGE FUND, IT FURTHER PROVES HE IS UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Am I not being clear enough here?

If it was my choice and I was in charge. I'd choose the third option. Write off the debt and sell to Synectics.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Maybe he's had his hand forced FST.Approx 2/3 of voters wanted him gone ,1/2 of which to ANYONE.If I remember correctly ,in the 3 horse race ,the biggest vote was for him to stay.It seems people want their flagpole and eat it.:wink:

Archived