onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We, the fans.

RichG

Advert

The problem is once you've bought the Club you still need to fund it on an ongoing basis plus the reality is you need to put together a Board so that decisions can be made. Stoke is a poor area. I'm not convinced it's sustainable and that's the problem. Also if I've put in £50K and somebody has put in £50 why should they have the same say as me?

Sounds like a great idea! What I would love though is if I could buy a share for £50 and then demand I get the same say in the club as someone who has bought, say, £50'000 worth.

But then it ceases to be a fan owned club. It would be a rich fans owned club. Fine, but couldn't dress it up any other way.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

It has been done before or have you forgot The mess Bratt and co did to the club, hundreds of supporters lost money myself included and what started out as a fan run club ended up with a select few making all the decisions and ignoring the fan base !!

The problem with a 'fan based' run club is that either decisions can't be made because we have to have 'Brexit' type referendum to buy a bog roll or accusations are made that the Board is not representing the views of the shareholders. The other reality is that it is rare for a club at our level to consistently make money in which case funds need to be added as time goes on.

Sounds like a great idea! What I would love though is if I could buy a share for £50 and then demand I get the same say in the club as someone who has bought, say, £50'000 worth.

Or you could be a dodgy scumbag that agrees to buy in on the one share one vote principle and then change it by sneaking a resolution through to steal the club from under the hard working fans noses. I hear that works.

It would never work, people at the top make decisions and then the fans don't agree because they don't know all the facts. Smurf as a example tried to use some of the fans to help him make a decision (ill thought-out I agree) but it was leaked to the sentinel straight away.

Some of the fans that sit around me shout abuse at our own players for not being Messi.If they voted we would be selling players the second they make a mistake. At this level that would be a lot of players that we would be selling.

Supporter Director on the board? Say £50 shares, once a set figure is reached the Supporters group would have a rep/director on the board, I believe Swansea had a similar system until recently. Obviously not applicable at present.

Or you could be a dodgy scumbag that agrees to buy in on the one share one vote principle and then change it by sneaking a resolution through to steal the club from under the hard working fans noses. I hear that works.

Don't forget to make sure you're the only one to get your money back too, that gets you on the New Years Honours List...

Archived