onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another poor Smurf decision

Iron Curtain

Advert

How do you know how much money they have? If you compare companies house information they have more than Smurthwaite but we both know that doesn't show personal wealth. There is no proof Smurthwaite is worth £75 million, you only have his word for what he is worth, the same as you only have his word about Synectics and why they didn't buy the club. There are always 2 sides to a story.

When you are owed money by someone or a Co you are motivated to do some digging

The first thing l did was do a search on his main residence,no debt bought for cash,then on the then 175 properties not in offshore trust again no debt his car no debt and so on.That gives you some insight into the mans position

Synetics took a loan out with Nat West to buy their property have loans on there own house again a reflection of wealth or not

Time for bed now, I have to be up early Norman wants his grass mowing in the morning! See what you can find out, companies house always worth a look, but you would know this anyway jean

Companies House shows a bloke with a few insignificant Limited Companies. Companies House doesn't show that Smurthwaite is worth anything like what you are quoting, so I'd suggest it isn't worth a look

Darren Purse did little to get us promoted, in fact he was left out of the squad by Adams for a few games, he was average. Lee Hughes was a different story and his goals got us over the line.
Tim all of this discussion in regard to the signings of Purse and Hughesy are pure speculation because in truth it was Wildes who actually made them. Yes he was using Smurthwaite's money but they did help us over the line.

Maybe if Wildes had stayed in charge we would have now been in the Championship and though the owner would have been skint he did in truth reveal the expenditure necessary to get into second tier. It could have cost £10 million but the Vale would now actually be worth £15-20 million!

The problem with a little bit of information is that it leads to lots of wild speculation

You and many others were the creditors of those Accounts its called ST holders in that advanced payments have been received so sits as a debt.

Other than the owner there was less than 60k outstanding during that period

So why wasn't this debt shown in the previous years accounts, had we not sold any season tickets then?

Maybe

If it gets very uncomfortable as you say you will have a silent/non present non contributing owner.Then the gun will be cocked as they say

He would be better as a silent owner at least then we wouldn't have to hear his constant rubbish!

But we know he will never be a silent owner as his massive ego wouldn't let him do that!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Do you remember the meeting prior to the Wolves game l was there.

At the time l was a creditor with a larger 5 figure debt racked up by PW using our services since Dec 12

On that morning Smurf had some insolvency people in to advise of the 1.2M debt that had been incurred in the 7 months prior to his involvement

I was there not as a Fan but someone who wanted his debt paying

If l recal you were annoyed over not garment in the shop for your son and did not like the reply Smurf gave

I wonder what your reply would of been if he announced the Club was going to be wound up again

I received 60% of my debt as with all other creditors.

That cleaning up exercise respesent the first 900k of his DLA and now you are all moaning

I wasn't at that meeting, was Bill Bell?

There are very few who are privy to the facts/truth.Until recently l was but do not see any of it posted on this site

Exactly, but posters like Davo80 seem to think they know more than everyone else but then when questioned further they can't/won't back up their answers with anything factual, so why say it in the first place?

If people want to stick up for Smurf then that's up to them, but in doing so its human nature to ask why, by the majority of fans dont think Smurf is right for the club, all of whom can give a multitude of reasons as to why they think this way, however, those who do support Smurf can't give solid reason as to why other than he's put his money in or he saved the club.

:doh:

1.3M of unpaid debt incurred by PW is what got the Club promoted,debt that in August 13 nearly saw the end of PV

which is another example of why Norman isn't fit to run Port Vale. What top businessman would let a bloke he hardly knew have access to his chequebook?

How do you know how much money they have? If you compare companies house information they have more than Smurthwaite but we both know that doesn't show personal wealth. There is no proof Smurthwaite is worth £75 million, you only have his word for what he is worth, the same as you only have his word about Synectics and why they didn't buy the club. There are always 2 sides to a story.

When you are owed money by someone or a Co you are motivated to do some digging

The first thing l did was do a search on his main residence,no debt bought for cash,then on the then 175 properties not in offshore trust again no debt his car no debt and so on.That gives you some insight into the mans position

Synetics took a loan out with Nat West to buy their property have loans on there own house again a reflection of wealth or not

Name me one succesfull business who doesn't borrow money at some point. Look at the Balance sheet to see what the company is worth, it matters not if they have loans they can adequately service.

Name me one succesfull business who doesn't borrow money at some point. Look at the Balance sheet to see what the company is worth, it matters not if they have loans they can adequately service.

Great point. I would go even further and say any successful growing business looking expand and become successful without debt is doing it wrong. Tax efficient way of obtaining capital to invest in building a business.

The problem with a little bit of information is that it leads to lots of wild speculation

You and many others were the creditors of those Accounts its called ST holders in that advanced payments have been received so sits as a debt.

Other than the owner there was less than 60k outstanding during that period

According to reports we sold 2,300 season tickets last year. There is no way at all that they brought in the amount you are talking about here.

Archived